Gas Hits $8.50 in California

crazy how coming out a pandemic when people were not travelling and during which oil production was slashed will lead to a higher gas prices once people start driving more again.

Perhaps cutting domestic oil production by 20% in 2020 was not such a great idea after all.

But I am sure you think that was Biden's fault as well
if people weren’t traveling, there was lower demand…

hence we should have plenty of fuel, and prices shouldn’t be up to record highs

that my friend isn’t happening

a pandemic might be to blame, but the virus is the demafacist and their policies of destruction

if people weren’t traveling, there was lower demand…

hence we should have plenty of fuel, and prices shouldn’t be up to record highs

that my friend isn’t happening

a pandemic might be to blame, but the virus is the demafacist and their policies of destruction

Well, they are travelling now, and production is still way lower than it was prior to being slashed 20%.

But I am sure that lower production has ZERO to do with the price....nobody actually believes the law of supply and demand... :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Well, they are travelling now, and production is still way lower than it was prior to being slashed 20%.

But I am sure that lower production has ZERO to do with the price....nobody actually believes the law of supply and demand... :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:
oh i don’t doubt it does…why isn’t xiden pushing for more production? the demand is there now

That is what happens when production is slashed, prices go up. Anyone with more than half a brain would know this.

Prices started to rise in April after the slash in production. Then as more and more people started to drive more again they have now skyrocketed due to the production still being way lower than at the start of 2020

You are trying to explain capitalism economics to a person who professes to be a capitalist yet doesn't know the simple capitalism law of supply and demand.

These people believe that we are a communist nation where the government owns everything and controls the price of everything.

You are trying to explain capitalism economics to a person who professes to be a capitalist yet doesn't know the simple capitalism law of supply and demand.

These people believe that we are a communist nation where the government owns everything and controls the price of everything.
are you suggesting Hovt policies don’t have an impact on the cost of things? in particular energy?

oh i don’t doubt it does…why isn’t xiden pushing for more production? the demand is there now

US production is up since he took office, but it is not as easy as just flipping a switch. He tried to get OPEC to go back to the production level prior to when Trump threatened them to get the to cut it last year. They laughed at him, which I am not surprised by

Why do we import any of our oil from Saudi Arabia, Canada, Mexico etc, if you say we are energy independent?

Why not use all of our own oil instead of having to depend on foreign oil importation?

Our ruling
An image widely shared on Facebook claimed: "The United States was energy independent in 2019 for the first time since 1957. In just 10 days we are sent back 50 years."

In 2019, U.S. energy production exceeded consumption on an annual basis for the first time since 1957. That’s one definition of energy independence. Through the first 10 months of 2020, the latest period for which data are available, energy production was down from a year earlier, but still exceeded consumption. Meanwhile, the U.S. continues to import millions of barrels of petroleum per day.

The claim that Biden’s orders reversed the trend or the gains in U.S. energy independence is not supported. The government hasn’t published full-year data for 2020, or for the period since Biden took office.

The orders didn’t stop any current production, and any new production from the avenues he closed off would have taken years to materialize.

The image contains an element of truth, but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False
Politifact. Hilarious.
Leftard fake news.
In a Sept. 16, 2020 fact check, PolitiFact declared it a "Pants on Fire" conspiracy theory that the coronavirus might have resulted from humans tampering with it in the lab.

Oh it's in Gorda?

I was just there this last April when I drove up the coast. It's a cute little town in a very beautiful but remote area.

Gorda is a very small town in the middle of nowhere. They only have one gas station too so the station has a monopoly.

There are only 1369 people living in that town.

They are the only gas station for miles around.

Capitalism caused the price of gas to be high in that town.

The OP is very dishonest.

It's also for premium gas. Not the regular gas that most people buy.

Gorda has always had a history of having high gas prices. It's even on their Wiki page:

High fuel prices[edit]​

As of April 26, 2008, Gorda had the highest gasoline prices in the United States at $6.70 per gallon. This is due in part to the cost of a diesel generator that provides electricity to the gas station and town.
Hilarious. Leftard claims $7.60 for low grade gas is a good deal.

crazy how coming out a pandemic when people were not travelling and during which oil production was slashed will lead to a higher gas prices once people start driving more again.

Perhaps cutting domestic oil production by 20% in 2020 was not such a great idea after all.

But I am sure you think that was Biden's fault as well
Shitforbrains thinks gas prices are at January 2020 levels.

Hilarious. Leftard claims $7.60 for low grade gas is a good deal.

You really aren't very honest here.

The price of gas isn't 7.60 for regular or over 8 dollars for premium anywhere but that ONE small town on the coast of California.

You post as if that is the price for the whole state.

It's not.

If you bothered to do some research you would learn that town has always had high gas prices.

This isn't anything new.

Why didn't you have a problem with that small town having high gas prices before?

Why now?

Shitforbrains thinks gas prices are at January 2020 levels.

did I say that? Show me where I said that?

What is not at January 2020 levels is US oil production that was slashed by 20% in Feb and March of 2020.

We would be sitting pretty had that not taken place.

You really aren't very honest here.

The price of gas isn't 7.60 for regular or over 8 dollars for premium anywhere but that ONE small town on the coast of California.

You post as if that is the price for the whole state.

It's not.

If you bothered to do some research you would learn that town has always had high gas prices.

This isn't anything new.

Why didn't you have a problem with that small town having high gas prices before?

Why now?
99 cents under President Trump.

LETS GO BRANDON!

99 cents under President Trump.

LETS GO BRANDON!

If only the former guy had not pushed US companies and OPEC to slash production in 2020.

maybe he did it knowing he was going to lose....he is that sort of a person.

Maybe these high gas prices will keep a lot of those giant fuck-you-mobiles off the road and out of my way.

You don't like my truck?

rolling-coal-696x386.jpg

Forum List

Back