Game of Thrones Season 7

I wonder if Dany is going to decide to throw in with Jon and fight the white walkers, leaving Cersei to think she has won......right up until Arya assassinates her? :)

I think that they're either going to play out the Dany vs. Targaryen war and then deal with the white walkers, or try to unite the kingdom against the white walkers leaving Cersei in charge of her armies. If they do the latter, I think a good plot turn would be for Cersei to betray everyone in the hope that the white walkers will kill off her enemies, and for Jamie to kill her for it after finally realizing how crazy she is.

I wonder if Dany is going to decide to throw in with Jon and fight the white walkers, leaving Cersei to think she has won......right up until Arya assassinates her? :)

I think that they're either going to play out the Dany vs. Targaryen war and then deal with the white walkers, or try to unite the kingdom against the white walkers leaving Cersei in charge of her armies. If they do the latter, I think a good plot turn would be for Cersei to betray everyone in the hope that the white walkers will kill off her enemies, and for Jamie to kill her for it after finally realizing how crazy she is.

Cersei has gotten a lot smarter since her first attempt at power behind the throne with Jofffrey.

She figured out Castily Rock would be a target, and the Tyrells would be pretty much defenseless without Tarly to back them up.

Cersei has gotten a lot smarter since her first attempt at power behind the throne with Jofffrey.

She figured out Castily Rock would be a target, and the Tyrells would be pretty much defenseless without Tarly to back them up.

They also figured out Castley Rock had no value while the Tyrells had a ton of gold to plunder to fund the war and pay back the Ironbank. I like how she is playing Euron.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

They also figured out Castley Rock had no value while the Tyrells had a ton of gold to plunder to fund the war and pay back the Ironbank. I like how she is playing Euron.

I suspect the Lannister army goes up in flames next episode. We'll be more than halfway through the season; time for a set piece battle episode!

I suspect the Lannister army goes up in flames next episode. We'll be more than halfway through the season; time for a set piece battle episode!

Interesting. You think Danny will about face and not seek out Euron and take out the Lanisters army as they return home! That would be a nice twist.

Interesting. You think Danny will about face and not seek out Euron and take out the Lanisters army as they return home! That would be a nice twist.

I think she has to. She can't let the Lannisters get back to King's Landing with the Tyrell's gold to pay back the Iron Bank, and she's right in King's Landing's backyard. She could attack and be back home by sunset.

A few things don't make sense. The UnSully were at dragonstone. Castley Rock is a port castle on the other coast. How did they and then how did Euron get there so quickly. It should have taken months to sail there! It would be like sailing from Florida all the way around South America to get to California!

I think you have been reading spoilers!

I read everything. Besides, Dany has no means of defeating Euron's Navy right now. She needs the continent, not the seas.

I think Cersei will win
Dani has the power but Cersei will keep her in check

But it is a hollow victory. Cersei is no match for the White Walkers. It will be up to Jon Snow and Sam to defeat them

I read everything. Besides, Dany has no means of defeating Euron's Navy right now. She needs the continent, not the seas.
Dragons can defeat the navy any time she wants

The dragons are invaluable. She can't send them into a battle alone. Those ships all have ballistas.

The dragons are invaluable. She can't send them into a battle alone. Those ships all have ballistas.

That's not the problem, or at least not the one Dany knows about. The problem, as they laid out in the episode, is that she would basically have to go searching for Euron alone, with no idea how long or even if she would find his ships. Also, if they did find the Greyjoy fleet, Dany would be at risk.

The ballistae are still mostly secret, I believe.

That's not the problem, or at least not the one Dany knows about. The problem, as they laid out in the episode, is that she would basically have to go searching for Euron alone, with no idea how long or even if she would find his ships. Also, if they did find the Greyjoy fleet, Dany would be at risk.

I assumed those green missiles Euron was firing came from ballista's. I bet they could do damage to a dragon. I wouldn't risk Dany and her dragons going alone to take on the Greyjoy fleet.

I assumed those green missiles Euron was firing came from ballista's. I bet they could do damage to a dragon. I wouldn't risk Dany and her dragons going alone to take on the Greyjoy fleet.

I suppose it's possible, but generally one would assume those were from something more like a trebuchet. A ballista is basically a crossbow writ large, like the one the mad scientist of Cersei's showed to her. I'm not sure how well those would work to shoot burning ammunition, since they fire a large bolt. A trebuchet, on the other hand, is what I usually think of when I see the term catapult: a sling or bowl holds the ammunition, and it is flung in an arc onto the target. That allows you to use a wider variety of ammunition, and seems like it would be easier and more efficient for throwing something on fire.

I suppose it's possible, but generally one would assume those were from something more like a trebuchet. A ballista is basically a crossbow writ large, like the one the mad scientist of Cersei's showed to her. I'm not sure how well those would work to shoot burning ammunition, since they fire a large bolt. A trebuchet, on the other hand, is what I usually think of when I see the term catapult: a sling or bowl holds the ammunition, and it is flung in an arc onto the target. That allows you to use a wider variety of ammunition, and seems like it would be easier and more efficient for throwing something on fire.
I just looked it up. In the books they were called "spitfires" and they shoot wildfire.

I just looked it up. In the books they were called "spitfires" and they shoot wildfire.

Yep, those appear to be more of an arm-style catapult than a ballista.

I don't remember if they were used in any sea battles. It's been years since the last book came out, and the show has moved beyond the books. None of what is going on now has been in the books. :)

Forum List

Back