G20 agrees to raise corporate taxes 15% that will fuel inflation.

Do you think this will fuel hyperinflation

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I don’t care as long as the rich get screwed

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
The other problem with this is that it really damages countries that are seeking to attract new businesses. They are unable to compete because of the new global levy. If a country is a dump, they will stay a dump.

Fixes everything in place

Why don't you start sending me 15% of your lavish government pension?

As you say, it isn't that much.

I know, that's different, because reasons.

The fucking government already takes more than 15% of my government pension, why would I send a freeloader like you more of it?

This is a ludicrous argument if you think about it for more than 5 seconds and are not a Libertarian freakshow.

How many miles of roads must be paved in the grand Cayman islands, the 'tiny speck' as you accurately pointed out?

Now, how many miles of road must be paved in the USA, one of the largest countries in the world?

The grand caymans have a population of 64,400 people...the USA has a population of 330,000,000. How are you going to pay for social security for 330,000,000 people if you tax the country like it has 64,400?

Think before you say such ridiculous things. Comparing a tiny island to the United States is dense.
These are the people that rage against global elites and then go crazy if you try to tax them. They dont do "thinking".

The other problem with this is that it really damages countries that are seeking to attract new businesses. They are unable to compete because of the new global levy. If a country is a dump, they will stay a dump.

This is a problem. I do not really support the tax, just trying to get around the lies being made in this thread. I am personally all for an American company offshoring if I get to by the same product for less money.

Good lord the posts on here...some guy literally came into the topic and demanded 15% of that other poster's paycheck. Like what the hell are y'all even talking about? This place is so freaking weird.

Y'all don't even debate the issues in earnest from what I can tell.

''Give me 15% of your paycheck!!'

How about no, bro.

These countries are not trying to attract a "business". They are looking to have businesses headquarter there to evade taxes and rob all of us. So Amazon trades in the UK and evades UK taxes by headquartering in Ireland or Luxembourg. Its anti competitive and a real threat to our economy and stability.

Attachments

• E8D93868-7A2F-4037-A47B-BCB92CB2B26D.jpeg
    E8D93868-7A2F-4037-A47B-BCB92CB2B26D.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
Too bad we no longer have a president in office who fights to protect Americans from getting hosed like this. But hey, no more mean tweets.
I think it is a great idea. Just raise corporate costs so it can be passed down to us. Then when people can't make ends meet they wind up on government assistance, which causes more government spending of money they don't have and higher inflation which will devastate the poorest among us.

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
Yeah, god forbid you actually educate yourself on a topic before spouting lies about it...that would be far too much work for a lazy fuck like you.
When a term like "global taxes" is used incorrectly I am hardly at fault

The fucking government already takes more than 15% of my government pension, why would I send a freeloader like you more of it?
Who cares.

You said another 15% isn't a big deal.

Why don't you send me 15% of the GROSS you get from your government pension? I promise I'll spend it on things you oppose and try to destroy your lifestyle..

And just who are these "global taxes" being paid to?

This is just more political theater as no country is obligated to pay taxes to some international organization/
They aren't "global taxes", it's a global minimum on corporate taxes. Each country still collects and keeps their own corporate tax, but the minimum is now 15%.

This isn't rocket surgery, kids.

Forum List

Back