G. Floyds Autopsy

Sorry the immediate cause of death is important as it is the final complication that caused the death, contributing factors and underlying causes are mention. So his action caused the guy to die. If he did not subdue him in such a manner then GF would not have died on that day. He would eventually die but who know when. It really is that simple. Pointing to underlying causes is not the immediate cause of death. So if he did that then he did his job as required by law. He had a trial and the jury unanimously convicted him.
Hun, Floyd was already overdose and complaining of not being able to breathe before he was even on the ground....the drugs suppressed his breathing and thusly his heart. He was dying even before the cops arrived.
Floyd was hyperventilating because he was scared. Drugs did not kill him, the court was shown proof, professionals stated that, 10 police officers denounced the tactic, the Chief of Police denounced the tactic, the Minneapolis police departments training officer denounced the tactic, so all this whining because a white man got convicted of a murder he was filmed committing really shows us the content of your character....Racist.
His blood toxicity report---says he had enough fentanyl and meth to kill a horse. Holding down violent criminals with a knee is done daily all across the US...I don't care what weak chief or cop denounced what.....the fact is that putting a knee on 6'6 6'7 violent criminal does and would not kill him. Unfortunately, it isn't that easy to kill grown criminals.
Look asshole, the doctor who examined him stated that he did not die from drugs. OK? Floyd was not a violent criminal and you don't get to ignore the motherfucking facts just because you can't handle that one of your fellow racists is going to rot in prison for murdering a black man. Putiing a kne on the back of a persons neck and cutting off air for over 9 minutes will kill everyone ithappens to.
Are you incapable of thinking for yourself....the tox report says clearly that floyd died of drugs. His level of drug abuse was more than enough to suppress his breathing and kill him. I THINK apparently you are incapable of thinking IM2. Floyd held a gun up to pregnant woman as he robbed her---don't fucking try to tell me that he wasn't violent, idiot.

Sorry the immediate cause of death is important as it is the final complication that caused the death, contributing factors and underlying causes are mention. So his action caused the guy to die. If he did not subdue him in such a manner then GF would not have died on that day. He would eventually die but who know when. It really is that simple. Pointing to underlying causes is not the immediate cause of death. So if he did that then he did his job as required by law. He had a trial and the jury unanimously convicted him.
Hun, Floyd was already overdose and complaining of not being able to breathe before he was even on the ground....the drugs suppressed his breathing and thusly his heart. He was dying even before the cops arrived.
Floyd was hyperventilating because he was scared. Drugs did not kill him, the court was shown proof, professionals stated that, 10 police officers denounced the tactic, the Chief of Police denounced the tactic, the Minneapolis police departments training officer denounced the tactic, so all this whining because a white man got convicted of a murder he was filmed committing really shows us the content of your character....Racist.
His blood toxicity report---says he had enough fentanyl and meth to kill a horse. Holding down violent criminals with a knee is done daily all across the US...I don't care what weak chief or cop denounced what.....the fact is that putting a knee on 6'6 6'7 violent criminal does and would not kill him. Unfortunately, it isn't that easy to kill grown criminals.
Look asshole, the doctor who examined him stated that he did not die from drugs. OK? Floyd was not a violent criminal and you don't get to ignore the motherfucking facts just because you can't handle that one of your fellow racists is going to rot in prison for murdering a black man. Putiing a kne on the back of a persons neck and cutting off air for over 9 minutes will kill everyone ithappens to.

Are you so stupid that you don't know basic anatomy.....You can not cut off air supply to someone by putting a knee to their back shoulder/neck area. You see the human body has this thing called a trachea that goes up the center of the front of the neck surrounded by bones and soft tissue. It is very very hard to cut off the airways.....impossible without breaking bones in the neck and leaving soft tissue damage called bruising... Neither of which did floyd have. Then you have this other little issue called not being able to talk if the air supply is cut off because the vocal cords make sounds when AIR flow over them. No air--no vocal sounds.

And oh my gawd..you may want to research that whole 9 minutes of knee that supposedly was but really wasn't.

This George Floyd issue would have never been a national news story or a political hot potato if he had been white.
DOJ stats show that the police kill more than twice as many white suspects annually, but the Psychocrats and the Yellow Press can't use those deaths as political tools.

This George Floyd issue would have never been a national news story or a political hot potato if he had been white.
In 2016, Tony Timpa (who is white) died while being restrained by officers who knelt on him for 13 minutes. It should be noted that Timpa, like Floyd, was high at the time.

The coroner became little more than a movie critic. Siskel and Ebert at the movies, "Geroge Floyd death caused by white cops brutality" . The coroner determined Floyds' s death NOT on his physical findings. Not the Drugs in his system, nor his health condition (enlarged heart and the fentanyl level in his system). Not facts or anything, just a cheap jack bargain basement video.
Have some 200+ pound man kneel on your neck for 9 minutes. Let us know how you feel afterword. Would you please? Better yet...tape it for us.
George Floyd 6' 6" 223 lbs

The coroner became little more than a movie critic. Siskel and Ebert at the movies, "Geroge Floyd death caused by white cops brutality" . The coroner determined Floyds' s death NOT on his physical findings. Not the Drugs in his system, nor his health condition (enlarged heart and the fentanyl level in his system). Not facts or anything, just a cheap jack bargain basement video.
Have some 200+ pound man kneel on your neck for 9 minutes. Let us know how you feel afterword. Would you please? Better yet...tape it for us.
You think Floyd's neck was the first and only one that Chauvin applied his knee to for an extended period of time? If not, then why is Floyd the only one who died as a result?
Are you saying that Chauvin has done this in the past?

And, ya know, it doesn't matter if he's done this 100 times before. If you have someone who has shot 100 people and the past and the 101st person dies...is it anything other than a laughable defense that goes, "Well, I've shot 100 people...none of them died before!"
How many people have died as a result of a gunshot wound at the hands of law enforcement vs. a "neck restraint" maneuver in the past 5 years?
Not sure...

Also not germane.
Very germane. If it's a dangerous practice that's suspect in someone's death, the statistics regarding how often it results in death should be considered.
Well, kneeling on Floyd's death for 9 minutes got Chauvin a murder conviction. Maybe the next cop who decides to do a 9 minutes squat on someone's neck for no reason will think twice....
Given the lack of data showing a prevalence of fatalities involving neck restraints, and that this likely wasn't the first and only time Chauvin employed its use, it seems highly likely that Floyd died of other causes.

It's part of their training so I'm pretty sure it's been done plenty of times.

The G. Floyd original coroner (can't seem to find the name nor the actual Autopsy report...funny about that..) could have been replaced by Siskel & Ebert's modern living equivalent instead of a impartial scientist evaluating actual unbiased facts they found independently.

Are you so stupid that you don't know basic anatomy.....You can not cut off air supply to someone by putting a knee to their back shoulder/neck area. You see the human body has this thing called a trachea that goes up the center of the front of the neck surrounded by bones and soft tissue. It is very very hard to cut off the airways.....impossible without breaking bones in the neck and leaving soft tissue damage called bruising... Neither of which did floyd have. Then you have this other little issue called not being able to talk if the air supply is cut off because the vocal cords make sounds when AIR flow over them. No air--no vocal sounds.

And oh my gawd..you may want to research that whole 9 minutes of knee that supposedly was but really wasn't.
alright doctor that is your medical opinion then. Yet 5 medical experts testified that Floyd primary cause of death was low oxygen due to the actions of the police officer.

I guess that why he was complaining that he can't breath.

Who to believe?

Positional asphyxia is known and that is why most do not do what he did. Even resuscitation has not worked when it has been used due to how perps are restrained.

Well video show that he was complaining that he couldn't breath while the officer was holding him down.

Do you mean when he was on the ground or in the car? He complained about not being able to breathe while in cuffs, before being put in any sort of neck restraint:

Well video show that he was complaining that he couldn't breath while the officer was holding him down.

Do you mean when he was on the ground or in the car? He complained about not being able to breathe while in cuffs, before being put in any sort of neck restraint:

Well he complained while he was in a neck restraint. Pleading to the police officer to stop that action. Yes I have read that there was testimony given that he was saying that before the hold was placed.

Well he complained while he was in a neck restraint. Pleading to the police officer to stop that action. Yes I have read that there was testimony given that he was saying that before the hold was placed.

The video I posted in my last reply clearly shows that he was complaining that he couldn't breathe prior to being placed in any sort of neck restraint.

The video I posted in my last reply clearly shows that he was complaining that he couldn't breathe prior to being placed in any sort of neck restraint.

I am not questioning that he was complaining of not being able to breath prior to the neck restraint.

There is a difference between complaining about breathing problems while not being restraint and complaining about breathing problems while being under the neck restraint.

It is also reported that the officer remained on the guys back at least 3 more minutes after he stop breathing.

Officer was complacent about using this restraint and has paid the price for such arrogance

Now if your applying neck restraint on the guy then that is more of a problem when he complains of not getting enough oxygen

As a police officer you can ignore it , but if the person dies then there will be questions.

My guess he was hoping for the guy to pass out. A recent new story reports that at least 44 people who where place under this type of neck restraint had passed out in the past 5 year.

They were lucky no one died but for one unfortunate policeman someone did die

Since they are not medical people , call an ambulance

I would suspect the point your are making is that the policeman does not know if the guy is lying or when he maybe having problems.

Even if he was having problems breathing before the neck restraint, then it seems to me that using a neck restraint would just create more of a problem. There were at least 4 officers and they are arresting one person.

There is a difference between complaining about breathing problems while not being restraint and complaining about breathing problems while being under the neck restraint.

The ongoing narrative has been that the neck restraint is the reason Floyd couldn't breathe. Simple logic dictates that if Floyd said he couldn't breathe prior to being restrained, then that's not the reason.

Now if your applying neck restraint on the guy then that is more of a problem when he complains of not getting enough oxygen

According to the best available estimates, the fatality rate for chokeholds and neck restraints account for less than 1% of deaths where police are involved, so there's relatively no basis for an officer to assume that a neck restraint would pose a serious risk of being fatal, even when the individual is high. I have no doubt that if the officers actually knew that there was a serious possibility of death, they wouldn't have used it.

My guess he was hoping for the guy to pass out. A recent new story reports that at least 44 people who where place under this type of neck restraint had passed out in the past 5 year.

Okay, and how many people have actually died from neck restraints at the hands of police in the last 5 years?

The ongoing narrative has been that the neck restraint is the reason Floyd couldn't breathe. Simple logic dictates that if Floyd said he couldn't breathe prior to being restrained, then that's not the reason.

According to the best available estimates, the fatality rate for chokeholds and neck restraints account for less than 1% of deaths where police are involved, so there's relatively no basis for an officer to assume that a neck restraint would pose a serious risk of being fatal, even when the individual is high. I have no doubt that if the officers actually knew that there was a serious possibility of death, they wouldn't have used it.

Okay, and how many people have actually died from neck restraints at the hands of police in the last 5 years?

Will what about the incidents of people passing out. That is a clear indication that lack of oxygen caused them to lose consciousness.

Yes people react differently to the same things. Yet when they don't follow the script and die then blame will be a placed.

134 people have died

The argument that the rate of death is low from this method is an acceptable excuse for people to die is problematic especially for the Police. If there are other ways to restrain the person, then they should be used. IF death is caused it is because the officer is using the method incorrectly. The police depends of the publics trust. Officers defending themselves is not a problem.

Lieutenant Johnny Mercil, who teaches the proper use of force for the department, told jurors the neck restraint applied by Chauvin during the deadly arrest of Floyd was unauthorized. Officers are trained to use the least amount of force necessary to subdue a suspect.

The medical coroner said that "cardiopulmonary arrest cardiopulmonary arrest" occurred during "law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression" and was ruled a homicide.

Will what about the incidents of people passing out. That is a clear indication that lack of oxygen caused them to lose consciousness.

Yes people react differently to the same things. Yet when they don't follow the script and die then blame will be a placed.
In the case of someone who's complaining that they can't breathe prior to being placed in a neck restraint, it's apparent that the neck restraint didn't cause their breathing difficulty.

134 people have died

However, it's necessary to put that number in context. How many people are killed by police every year? Divide that number by the total number of individuals who die from neck restraints and, according to a policy assessment released this year by the Task Force on Policing, asphyxiation accounts for less than 1% of estimated police killings.

The argument that the rate of death is low from this method is an acceptable excuse for people to die is problematic especially for the Police. If there are other ways to restrain the person, then they should be used. IF death is caused it is because the officer is using the method incorrectly. The police depends of the publics trust. Officers defending themselves is not a problem.

Ideally, there would be no deaths involving police, and no one is excusing wrongful death. However, if deaths resulting from neck restraints represent less than 1% of all deaths involving police, then that means the overwhelmingly vast majority of deaths (99%) occur by other means. To save the largest percentage of lives, shouldn't the national focus be on police actions that result in the largest percentage of deaths rather than the lowest? Do you happen to know what represents the largest percentage of deaths involving police?

The medical coroner said that "cardiopulmonary arrest cardiopulmonary arrest" occurred during "law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression" and was ruled a homicide.

Like juries, not all examiner's agree with one another. You've heard the opinion of two. And the examiner's own report stated that Floyd tested positive for methamphetamines, which itself carries a high risk of breathing problems, heart attack, and death. I'm aware that the examiner stated the method of death was a homicide, but like the jurors, I also think they take the looming threat of riots and bodily harm from certain factions of the public into account when weighing their decisions. Given the focus on death, riots, and looting by the media as a result of Floyd's death, how could they not?

In the case of someone who's complaining that they can't breathe prior to being placed in a neck restraint, it's apparent that the neck restraint didn't cause their breathing difficulty.

134 people have died

However, it's necessary to put that number in context. How many people are killed by police every year? Divide that number by the total number of individuals who die from neck restraints and, according to a policy assessment released this year by the Task Force on Policing, asphyxiation accounts for less than 1% of estimated police killings.

Ideally, there would be no deaths involving police, and no one is excusing wrongful death. However, if deaths resulting from neck restraints represent less than 1% of all deaths involving police, then that means the overwhelmingly vast majority of deaths (99%) occur by other means. To save the largest percentage of lives, shouldn't the national focus be on police actions that result in the largest percentage of deaths rather than the lowest? Do you happen to know what represents the largest percentage of deaths involving police?

Like juries, not all examiner's agree with one another. You've heard the opinion of two. And the examiner's own report stated that Floyd tested positive for methamphetamines, which itself carries a high risk of breathing problems, heart attack, and death. I'm aware that the examiner stated the method of death was a homicide, but like the jurors, I also think they take the looming threat of riots and bodily harm from certain factions of the public into account when weighing their decisions. Given the focus on death, riots, and looting by the media as a result of Floyd's death, how could they not?
1. In the case of someone who's complaining that they can't breathe prior to being placed in a neck restraint, it's apparent that the neck restraint didn't cause their breathing difficulty.

But the neck restraint made it worse to the point of death. IF someone is complaining of breathing problems you do not put your hold on his neck. The move is know to cause people to black out. It creates more of a problem. A lot of people have breathing problems. It does not mean they will die because they are able to compensate for it.
Still meth death have unique cardiovascular consequences that they can determine during medical examinations. They knew that he was on meth but that was not the cause of death. IF you believe it cause death then that is your believe but it is not a medical diagnosis. It is an example of faulty cause and effect. Much like complaining why does it always rain when I wash my car.

1622679140192.png

Assuming that he had prior problems breathing, if they did not use a neck restraint he would have survived.

When the paramedic arrived their testimony was that they though that floyd was dead from preliminary observations. They say the police officer was still applying pressure to the neck and floyd was in handcuffs. Additionally two other officers were also holding him down. Holding down a guy that was not moving.

They began to check for a pulse and to assess if he could be revived. Yet the officer still has on his neck.

2. justifying it by saying that a low number of people die because of the restraint. More people die of other police activities. That still does not make it acceptable. Just because the number is low does not mean it cannot be addressed. By address the issue then it can save lives and at the same time prevent an officer from ruining his life. You can address all the issues. Again you are ignoring what other officers are saying about what happen and what he did was not what he was trained to do.

People only have one life. If they fall in the higher level versus the lower level of police killings does not matter to the dead person or to the relatives.

Finally you are saying that the medical examiner made his judgments based on what the public might think. Well it is just your opinion. There is no proof that they made the determination on what the public things. He made the decision on what his training tells him and that is his job. Believe it or not some people can do that with considering politics or public opinion.

Again meth was not the cause of death. It was just present in the body when death occurred. You are just assuming that meth caused the death because it was present in the persons body. Yet if that was the case the medical examiners would agree with you as the cause of death. He doesn't.

But the neck restraint made it worse to the point of death.
It's certainly possible, but given that heart attack and death are directly correlated with methamphetamine use, I don't know that.

IF someone is complaining of breathing problems you do not put your hold on his neck.
Depends on the situation. In this case, it may not have been necessary.

They knew that he was on meth but that was not the cause of death. IF you believe it cause death then that is your believe but it is not a medical diagnosis.
I simply take issue with the popular narrative that Floyd's breathing issues were the result of a neck restraint. It's certainly possible that the restraint was a prime factor in his demise, but given the social pressure surrounding the case and the fact that he was high on methamphetamines, I'm skeptical.

Assuming that he had prior problems breathing, if they did not use a neck restraint he would have survived.
Given that methamphetamine use is strongly correlated with heart attacks and death, there's really no basis for presuming he would've survived. I mean, in addition to using meth, Floyd had heart disease.

justifying it by saying that a low number of people die because of the restraint. More people die of other police activities. That still does not make it acceptable.
I specifically said no one is excusing wrongful death. It's unfortunate that anyone would die due to negligence. In an ideal world, there would be no deaths involving police at all, but if the media is going to shine a light on deaths involving the police, I'd contend that more lives would be saved by shining it on issues that'll save the largest percentage of lives rather than those that equal less than 1% of the total deaths involving police. In my opinion, the primary reason they focused so intently on it in this case is because 1) George Floyd was black and 2) riots caused over a billion dollars in damages to public and private property.

Finally you are saying that the medical examiner made his judgments based on what the public might think. Well it is just your opinion. There is no proof that they made the determination on what the public things.
What sort of proof would you need? An open confession?

But the neck restraint made it worse to the point of death.
It's certainly possible, but given that heart attack and death are directly correlated with methamphetamine use, I don't know that.

IF someone is complaining of breathing problems you do not put your hold on his neck.
Depends on the situation. In this case, it may not have been necessary.

They knew that he was on meth but that was not the cause of death. IF you believe it cause death then that is your believe but it is not a medical diagnosis.
I simply take issue with the popular narrative that Floyd's breathing issues were the result of a neck restraint. It's certainly possible that the restraint was a prime factor in his demise, but given the social pressure surrounding the case and the fact that he was high on methamphetamines, I'm skeptical.

Given that methamphetamine use is strongly correlated with heart attacks and death, there's really no basis for presuming he would've survived. I mean, in addition to using meth, Floyd had heart disease.

justifying it by saying that a low number of people die because of the restraint. More people die of other police activities. That still does not make it acceptable.
I specifically said no one is excusing wrongful death. It's unfortunate that anyone would die due to negligence. In an ideal world, there would be no deaths involving police at all, but if the media is going to shine a light on deaths involving the police, I'd contend that more lives would be saved by shining it on issues that'll save the largest percentage of lives rather than those that equal less than 1% of the total deaths involving police. In my opinion, the primary reason they focused so intently on it in this case is because 1) George Floyd was black and 2) riots caused over a billion dollars in damages to public and private property.

Finally you are saying that the medical examiner made his judgments based on what the public might think. Well it is just your opinion. There is no proof that they made the determination on what the public things.
What sort of proof would you need? An open confession?
It's certainly possible, but given that heart attack and death are directly correlated with methamphetamine use.

Doctors are the only one who can make that correlation. Reading about it cannot. Smoking will eventually kill someone and cause a whole host of problems but it takes years for that to happen.

Well there is a direct correlation that choke holds cause death. Yes it is a small number but it happens. There is a direct correlation that people will pass out from yes lack of oxygen while being under this choke hold

IF methamphetamine was the cause of death it would be listed as the cause of immediate death. They have the technology to diagnose it as a cause of death if the levels are high enough they are able to do that. They didn't.

Yet Floyd was struggling with the police walking around going to the store passing counterfeit bills and hanging with the gang. It was not reported that prior to the encounter he was having problems.

So far 5 states including Florida have banned it.

8 cities have banned it. More will follow.

Forum List

Back