G a s o l i n e

Just stfu already. The men and women who build this country have no choice but to buy gas. Your analogy falls flat on its face because THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE.

You are not a conservative and you're fooling no one but yourself.

Only forced ones by Obama and the left that aren't economically viable for the forseeable future.

And the ones he's trying to force on the market won't haul the slabs of stone or travertine products I work with. So I'm supposed to change jobs apparently or shut up about high gas prices. How very American huh?

Fucking liberals.
Don't you wingnuts tell people to change jobs or stfu about what they are getting paid?

What about the question I asked? It's bolded, for the aged.

Do you think speculation raises the price?
If so, please explain how. Thanks!
Defense of oil speculation is just plain wrong - opinion - Mar. 26, 2012

Here's one from noted oil expert Dan Dicker:

Daniel Dicker: Oil Market Itself Proves Gas Prices Are All Speculation-Driven

S.O.S. Now - Stop Oil Speculation Now

Sorry, didn't see proof for the claim.
Maybe you can cut and paste the proof?
Or explain in your own words?

Focus, Grampa. Why are we exporting record amounts to other countries while our gas is at $4.00?

Why aren't we keeping that gas here to make prices go down for Americans?

Because the oil isn't ours to keep. It belongs to the people that paid to have it extracted from the earth and they are free to sell it to whomever they choose.

Are you suggesting a govt take over of the oil industry?
Then don't bitch about gas prices, and don't blame Obama, because you clearly believe that the price is set by the people who get it out of the ground (which costs them only $2.00 per barrel, BTW - deep water drilling cost them $37 per barrel).

We won't. Just like democrats didn't blame President Bush.. We won't.. We promise.. cross our hearts.. yep. :D

The link proves that we have enough gas to keep prices a lot lower. Prices are supposed to go up when there is higher demand and lower supply. The link shows that we have so much supply that we are exporting gas at record levels.

It blows away all of your talking points.

No, the link proves that oil companies are in the business of selling their product- The global demand drives their doing so- not the domestic demand. It would certainly be a benevolent thing for oil companies to leave their product here- but THAT is not in the presidents "free market" purview- which is what my original post addressed- are you always this obtuse?

Another one who, by her own words, absolves Obama of any blame. Great job, wingnut!

Speculators add about 25- 30% increase to domestic pricing. Regulating their ability to repatriate that investment earning would curb a lot of the high pricing in the market- It was one of the 4 "free market" solutions I put forth. You and your ilk seem only able to yammer "exports and Wall Street". YOU are devoid of solutions.

Explain that to Todd. He doesn't understand. :)

Why don't you explain it to me?

Only forced ones by Obama and the left that aren't economically viable for the forseeable future.

And the ones he's trying to force on the market won't haul the slabs of stone or travertine products I work with. So I'm supposed to change jobs apparently or shut up about high gas prices. How very American huh?

Fucking liberals.
Don't you wingnuts tell people to change jobs or stfu about what they are getting paid?

More liberal stupidity. Yes you can change jobs at any time to get a different pay scale. Changing jobs a thousand times won't effect gas prices now will it?

Fucking moron

The link proves that we have enough gas to keep prices a lot lower. Prices are supposed to go up when there is higher demand and lower supply. The link shows that we have so much supply that we are exporting gas at record levels.

It blows away all of your talking points.

No, the link proves that oil companies are in the business of selling their product- The global demand drives their doing so- not the domestic demand. It would certainly be a benevolent thing for oil companies to leave their product here- but THAT is not in the presidents "free market" purview- which is what my original post addressed- are you always this obtuse?

Another one who, by her own words, absolves Obama of any blame. Great job, wingnut!

Speculators add about 25- 30% increase to domestic pricing. Regulating their ability to repatriate that investment earning would curb a lot of the high pricing in the market- It was one of the 4 "free market" solutions I put forth. You and your ilk seem only able to yammer "exports and Wall Street". YOU are devoid of solutions.

Explain that to Todd. He doesn't understand. :)

Nice try Mr. Obfuscation! I named the "free market" ideas (those ideas you demanded) and regulatory purview that government- of whom Mr. Obama is the leader of, actually does have. That indeed shows him to be responsible to act!!!

Will any liberal answer why in 2008 blaming the President for high gas prices was logical and correct and now in 2012, blaming the President for high gas prices is wrong and. Of logical? I won't hold my breath for an honest answer, but I will be amused all the stupid excuses.

Not really. Demand is the highest its ever been globally because of emerging economies in the east. Oil is sold on a global market. And that market is growing rapidly. Thus more drilling and more refineries would have an impact.
Focus, Grampa. Why are we exporting record amounts to other countries while our gas is at $4.00?

Because the oil isn't ours to keep. It belongs to the people that paid to have it extracted from the earth and they are free to sell it to whomever they choose.

It won't ever happen but yes, the US government should have retained all rights to US oil and gas on federal lands, and developed a government oil industry, bottom to top, to find, extract, refine, and sell or use that oil.

Constitutionally justified as a national security interest.

It won't ever happen but yes, the US government should have retained all rights to US oil and gas on federal lands, and developed a government oil industry, bottom to top, to find, extract, refine, and sell or use that oil.

If gas was $12/gallon - would your tongue still dart into Obama's anus?

How's it taste up there?

Nutty?

What's the quickest way to build a money losing oil company?

....... the US government should have retained all rights to US oil and gas on federal lands, and developed a government oil industry, bottom to top, to find, extract, refine, and sell or use that oil.

....... the US government should have retained all rights to US oil and gas on federal lands, and developed a government oil industry, bottom to top, to find, extract, refine, and sell or use that oil.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to sell our oil to Big Oil at rock bottom royalties and then have to buy it back in the open market?

No, you don't.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to sell our oil to Big Oil at rock bottom royalties and then have to buy it back in the open market?

No, you don't.

That's awful!
How much are oil company earnings?
How much do they pay the government in total?
Do you have any idea?

No you don't.

No, you don't.

That's awful!
How much are oil company earnings?
How much do they pay the government in total?
Do you have any idea?

No you don't.

And how much did Government glean from taxes on the same products being sold? Betcha' the Government made more than the Oil companies...

Isn't government prohibited from owning companies they control?

One of the original goals of Mr Carter's Department of Energy Organization Act was to reduce US dependence upon foreign energy (oil).

Yeah, that worked out so well that 35 years later, Solyndra is now a leading energy producer. <sarcasm intended>
Good thing we can count on the existence of government bureaucracy to make everything better, let's put them in charge of medical insurance and see what happens in 35 years.

And then along came Raygun....and the pseudo-conservative surge:D

Will any liberal answer why in 2008 blaming the President for high gas prices was logical and correct and now in 2012, blaming the President for high gas prices is wrong and. Of logical? I won't hold my breath for an honest answer, but I will be amused all the stupid excuses.

Second time with this question, liberals? Got an answer?

Isn't government prohibited from owning companies they control?

Well in a constitutional republic yes, but remember Obama changed the game, we are now proud owners of company that recorded record profits, after they ripped off their private investors. :) Somehow I think that just may be unconstitutional, but hey he knows best.

Sorry, didn't see proof for the claim.
Maybe you can cut and paste the proof?
Or explain in your own words?
Sorry - I don't have any links that will explain it to you with only pictures.

Forum List

Back