Funny No One Burns Down Mosques, Just Synagogues and Christian Churches

Lot of Buddhist shrines in America. Not touched.

I don't think religions consider Buddhism a threat. Despite the fact there are about half a Billion of them.

You rarely here about a Buddhist extremist and they don't cop a rap for killing Jesus.

Arsonists are attacking for only reason.

I blame Jack Nicholson.

8847b045-cb2c-4b7d-8af8-8d0963dd4d25.jpg

Before his 1975 movie, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", we could take crazy people and involuntarily commit them to a facility where they would receive care (in some cases a bit too much care). His melodramatic movie about sadistic nurses and indifferent doctors made people fear and loathe the concept of involuntary committal.

Now we have a small percentage of the population that cannot function in a human society. Because of substance addiction or severe mental problems, that cannot be treated on an out-patient basis, some of these people will crack some day and do damage not only to themselves, but others. There is no way to predict who. There is no way to predict when. Nor is there anyway to predict where.

But, the more we rely on an inadequate and ineffective mental health system where the worst patients receive little or no car, the more things like this are going to happen.

Demons know who the one true God is.

Lot of Buddhist shrines in America. Not touched.

Demons know who the one true God is.

Escondido mosque fire​

The Escondido mosque fire was a terrorist arson attack perpetrated against the Islamic Center of Escondido, California, in March 2019. Police found graffiti on the mosque's driveway that referenced the Christchurch mosque shootings in New Zealand, leading them to consider the fire a terrorist attack.

Texas Man Sentenced to Almost 25 Years for Hate Crime in Burning Down Mosque in Victoria, Texas​

The Justice Department today announced that Marq Perez, 26, was sentenced to more than 24 years in prison for burning down the Victoria Islamic Center on Jan. 28, 2017. Acting Assistant Attorney General John Gore of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, U.S. Attorney Ryan Patrick for the Southern District of Texas, Special Agent in Charge Fred Milanowski of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and Special Agent in Charge Perrye K. Turner of the FBI made the announcement.

Spate of mosque fires stretches across the country​

March 2, 2017
In just the first two months of the year, at least four mosques have gone up in flames as attacks against religious minorities have surged.
Those fires follow “the worst year on record for incidents in which mosques were targets of bias,” according to the Council of American-Islamic Relations.

I suspect that people know there are more immediate consequences to burning down a mosque than the jurisprudence system.

If you burn down a mosque, the "hopes and prayers" will be for you.
You burn down a mosque....you're a dead man walking....an excellent demonstration of what the spectre of consequences can do.

The mosques in Noel and Joplin, Mo. were burned down, the one in Joplin twice.
I am not a Christian, but worldwide, Christians are definitely being targeted in far larger numbers world wide. In America, England, in Europe and Africa. It shouldn't happen at all. Neither should have the crusades. Or 9/11.

Historically, in America at least.

Why a church, shul, or any place of worship is damage or desecrated falls into three categories...

1. Religious violence ... groups of different faiths that oppose each other attack the facilities and worshipers of another faith.

While wide-spread today outside of America. It was rare in America. There are examples dating back to before the Revolutionary War but, many are more politically motivated than religious (for example, violence against Catholic immigrants).

The exception to this was extreme violence against The Mormon Church in the late 19th and early 20th Century. Hundreds of Mormons were murdered in America, including the founder of the faith, Joseph Smith and his brother, who were lynched by a mob while in jail.

There are not many examples of pure religious-motivated crime in America in the late 20th and 21st centuries

2. Political violence ... during the civil rights movement, many of the examples (most of those I can cite) of violence against religious groups were politically motivated. Religious groups identified with pro-civil rights movements were attacked and their facilities burned or otherwise damaged.

The largest example of what could be considered religiously-motivated violence in America, (The 911 Attacks), though they have a religious element to them, were overwhelmingly politically-motivated. Just as the situation in The Middle East may seem to be religiously-motivated, it is in fact, completely political. A grab for land and power in the region.

3. Violence committed by the mentally unstable ... these account for the greatest number of such violent attacks in the late 20th and 21st Centuries. -- although, you could make an argument of mental illness component to any violent attack.

Our failure to treat or otherwise control the actions of a few mentally unstable people has led to an increase in outbreaks by a small minority of these people.

In fact, in an effort to remove the stigma of mental illness from society, we regularly fail to report abhorrent behavior and, in many cases, attempt to normalize it.

Next time, learn to use Google. Will help you look less of a fool. :itsok:
Sure there's a few mosque fires but I dare say most people would be a great deal more afraid to proudly burn down a mosque and make a public issue out of it then they would any other building of worship. You pick the wrong mosque and you might as well do yourself in immediately afterwards.

You burn down a mosque....you're a dead man walking....an excellent demonstration of what the spectre of consequences can do.

I regularly attended a shul (synagogue) in Singapore for many years. While Singapore is a very peaceful and mostly lacking in sectarian violence. The fact remains that there is a large part of the population there that have a political problem with Jews and there has been historical incidents of anti-Jewish violence in the past.

So, our shul had pretty good private (unarmed) security on a daily basis. Persons unknown to security were not allowed into the complex without a reason and a visitor's pass.

On Jewish holidays, where attendance was highest, the Singapore police provided members at the entrance points with automatic weapons to provide extra security.

In the 10 years I attended there, except for some antisemitic graffiti, there were no incidents of violence.

Synagogue?

Where?

As for the mosques, the Muslims have a different code of ethics than the Christians.

I kinda admire that.

Sure there's a few mosque fires but I dare say most people would be a great deal more afraid to proudly burn down a mosque and make a public issue out of it then they would any other building of worship. You pick the wrong mosque and you might as well do yourself in immediately afterwards.
Who in America has burned down a mosque and was killed immediately afterwards?

Forum List

Back