fucking statist asshole take a homeless mans dog away b/c he was homeless!

So if someone sees my clean, well kept dog, and offers my friend a $25 finder's fee, I lose all my rights to my dog?

And somehow this is legal?

Give the man his dog back. It's the least we can do for him. He lost everything else, why does he have to lose his only best friend?

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Thats so wrong to take a pet away from someone. I feel badly for he man, he looks so sad and upset.

However if the man is homeless how is going to be able to care for a dog?

One of the things i do is donate pet food to an animal shelter that has a barrel for homeless pets.

in Europe it seems all the homeless have dogs, for nitwits like me who give them money to "feed them".....

frankly it may be all the companionship he desires or has....I say, wtf, let him keep the dog. Unless it is malnourished, abused etc. of course.

oh and;

Leonard, 49, a former county and city worker, said the man also gave them a bag of dog food and the dog's veterinary records.

so they do fire public employees? His union must have sucked.

Thats so wrong to take a pet away from someone. I feel badly for he man, he looks so sad and upset.

However if the man is homeless how is going to be able to care for a dog?

One of the things i do is donate pet food to an animal shelter that has a barrel for homeless pets.

the article stated that he took care of the dog fine and the dog was taken away solely b/c the guy was homeless

If there is no sign of neglect and the dog's shots were all current I dont see how you justify taking the dog away. On the flip side, and this is purely speculative, how long could the homeless guy really afford to keep the dog current on shots, flee, tick and heartworm medicines?

Can a homeless person take adequate care of themselves? If not, I think it cruel to subject an animal to those circumstances. Perhaps it would motivate the person to improve their condition and regain ownership of the animal?

Can a homeless person take adequate care of themselves? If not, I think it cruel to subject an animal to those circumstances. Perhaps it would motivate the person to improve their condition and regain ownership of the animal?

Are you of the opinion that the government should take away a homeless person's right to own a pet?

You might want to change your name to selectiveliberty.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Are you of the opinion that the government should take away a homeless person's right to own a pet?

The government will take away your children for less, but I forget we value pets above people.

Last edited:

The government will take away your children for less, but forget we value pets above people.

You didn't answer my question.

In addition, dogs can survive outside on their own for far longer than a human child. And a dog living with a homeless person is far better off than a dog living on their own.

The dog was clean and well fed. Mebbe if that had not been the case, I'd agree....still seems unbelievably cruel to me.

The government will take away your children for less, but forget we value pets above people.

You didn't answer my question.

In addition, dogs can survive outside on their own for far longer than a human child. And a dog living with a homeless person is far better off than a dog living on their own.

I clearly stated that the person needed to be able to take care of themselves first, before considering the care of an animal. If they can't care for themsleves, then by definition they are not going to be able to care for the animal. I also made mention of standards for care. Can the person keep the laws regarding pet ownership? Is the dog on a leash at all times he is in public (all the time)? If he needs assistance with the care or feeding of the pet from the state, he probably falls under additional rules and restrictions.

I clearly stated that the person needed to be able to take care of themselves first, before considering the care of an animal. If they can't care for themsleves, then by definition they are not going to be able to care for the animal.

It sounds like you propose a state enforced minimum standard of personal care.

Who determines if someone is taking care of themselves? Would there be a special department that makes this determination? Maybe a panel of experts who makes the decision?

I clearly stated that the person needed to be able to take care of themselves first, before considering the care of an animal. If they can't care for themsleves, then by definition they are not going to be able to care for the animal.

It sounds like you propose a state enforced minimum standard of personal care.

Who determines if someone is taking care of themselves? Would there be a special department that makes this determination? Maybe a panel of experts who makes the decision?

Apparently someone already does that function. I would imagine that is how our friend the dog owner got himself into this pickle. Look one of my points is, maybe the guy will try harder to get back into society if getting the dog back is possible. I'd like to see the dog and the person do well.

Forum List

Back