Fuck the Confederacy

The Confederate flag largely disappeared after the Civil War.
The fight against civil rights brought it back.

Analysis | The Confederate flag largely disappeared after the Civil War. The fight against civil rights brought it back.

No it didn't. These jerks just pick and choose "convenient moments" to DECLARE when it came back. It never left. Check the history of Univ Miss for example. In recent decades it's a symbol of the NEW south. The one that stole all your Yankee Auto Plants, jobs and GROWING cities.

IN FACT -- if someone would MAKE a flag for the NEW South -- the old stars n' bars just MIGHT die away.

There's a sense of heritage and connection to the South. And it's NOT about slavery. It now includes the HONEST and almost complete meeting of the races in the South. In the North -- you TALK about race relations. In the South we LIVE race relations. Been that way since the 60s.

The NEW South belongs to everyone who loves this place and the people. Even Black footballers at Univ of Miss who dont sweat "symbols" like the stars n' bars.

oh so the SOUTH gets to declare the NEW meaning of historical hate group symbols at their timely convenience...? :cuckoo:

well, what is 'conservative' anti-government SOUTH waiting for, if the lily white snowflakes neeed a NEW flag to make them feeel proud?

do they need big daddy federal government to hold their hand in that silly endeavor??

and WTF is wrong with pride for OLD GLORY representing the UNITED States of America??

why does the NEW south prefer to forever separate themselves and give USA government diplomacy efforts the middle finger?

sure the civil war loser flag never left just as racism never left but recently bad leadership amplifies and perpetuates repetitive destruction.

but somehow "THE NEW SOUTH" with the same old hate symbols feels righteous and PROUD about something. :uhoh3:

in the NORTH we walk the diversity walk rationally and compassionately, but keep lying with your ignorant divisive rhetoric.

in the SOUTH it seems lily white snowflakes just can't stop melting over their discomfort with diversity and *gasp* progress.

YouGov | Northeast happiest with diverse America

Of course you'd think that way. And a post a link that CLAIMS people "like" diversity. How many Blacks in the 3 upper states of the NorthEast? How many schools STILL de facto segregated because of neighborhood segregation?

We don't need ANYONE to care about our pride of WHAT'S BEEN DONE and how we're Whooping Yankee ass in industrial growth, financial centers, GROWING financially STABLE, safe cities...

We don't expect you vile haters and apartment dwellers who never saw a deer in their yard to understand our love of the land we live on and things we value. Or the fact that "country music" is the center of telling stories about our lives. And that the awards shows for CMusic are now bigger draws than your Oscars and Emmys.

We know you wouldn't value the fact that turns signals MEAN SOMETHING in the South and we go out of our way to be courteous to strangers without checking their skin color. Or that we got over the racial divide with Charlie Pride and football while you folks needed Feds and a bureaucracy..

If we FORGET the past --- or you attempt to FORCE US to forget the past and from we came -- you are insulting all the progress that's been made and fine way of life that we have here.

I live within walking distance of 3 major Civil War battlefields. There are Heritage sights in the neighboring towns with blood stains pooled on the floor from field hospitals where the amputations piling up outside the windows.

What I saw this morning was a MOB of 20 somethings, tearing down a statue with RABID hatred. This is what ISIS and the Taliban do to purge the "losers" from their conquests.

You need to tell me why ISIS is not ENTITLED to go in and wreck World Heritage sites that they SAY --- stand for hate. After all -- they are only PURGING and destroying symbols that opposed Islamic Rule. Aint a spit of difference in what I saw this morning playing out on TV...

Robert E Lee has been on FIVE US gubermint postage stamps. YOUR FEDERAL GOVT that you worship was STILL designing and building BLACK GHETTOS in the 50s and 60s. YOUR hands are nowhere near clean either.

Maybe we should tear down those FED GOVT MANDATED ghettos as well... THAT'S how much I'm committed to racial parity...

You guys lost all the way back in 1865. Get the fuck over it.

The southerns know that. They knew it in 1866. So did the Northerns and the Westerners.

But for over a hundred years, the Battle Flag has been accepted as a harmless symbol of Southern Pride, with no overtones of treason or racism.

From the 1980s,

john_schneider_general_lee.jpg

There are many Confederate Flags with many meanings. It's not ALL about the coloreds. These flags are representing States Rights and Religious Freedom. Fighting terrorism since 1861.

We don't expect you vile haters and apartment dwellers who never saw a deer in their yard to understand our love of the land we live on and things we value.

:laugh: oh my so many ignorant cliches so little time...

The southerns know that. They knew it in 1866. So did the Northerns and the Westerners.

But for over a hundred years, the Battle Flag has been accepted as a harmless symbol of Southern Pride, with no overtones of treason or racism.

From the 1980s,

yeah i remember enjoying that show as a kid... and we all understood that was the civil war loser flag the good old boys liked to call the "rebel" flag to make themselves feel better about losing the civil war... it was so much more comfortable to gloss over the rest of the story. funny show.

NOW the squawking parrot talking point is that all the uncomfortable fuss these days is just cuz libtard snowflakes, etcetera...

OF COURSE that is the story the south would much rather sell........... :eusa_liar:

USA Today reported in May that in North Carolina alone, 35 Confederate monuments have been built since the year 2000. It’s hard to argue that those monuments are about history and heritage.

The paper also points out that Kentucky is saturated with Confederate memorials — far more than, say, Union memorials — even though Kentuckians fought for the Union by a 2-1 margin.

A recent Phoenix New Times report
found that half of the six Confederate memorials in Arizona were built in 1999 or later, the most recent in 2010. The oldest of the six was erected nearly 80 years after the Civil War, during which Arizona wasn’t yet a state.

your post was a novel, you lost me at all the ignorant claims you made...

what was the question?

From the 1980s,

yeah i remember enjoying that show as a kid... and we all understood that was the civil war loser flag the good old boys liked to call the "rebel" flag to make themselves feel better about losing the civil war... it was so much more comfortable to gloss over the rest of the story. funny show.

NOW the squawking parrot talking point is that all the uncomfortable fuss these days is just cuz libtard snowflakes, etcetera...

OF COURSE that is the story the south would much rather sell........... :eusa_liar:

USA Today reported in May that in North Carolina alone, 35 Confederate monuments have been built since the year 2000. It’s hard to argue that those monuments are about history and heritage.

The paper also points out that Kentucky is saturated with Confederate memorials — far more than, say, Union memorials — even though Kentuckians fought for the Union by a 2-1 margin.

A recent Phoenix New Times report
found that half of the six Confederate memorials in Arizona were built in 1999 or later, the most recent in 2010. The oldest of the six was erected nearly 80 years after the Civil War, during which Arizona wasn’t yet a state.

And the WWII National Memorial wasn't built until 2004.

So?

And the WWII National Memorial wasn't built until 2004.

So?

so you recognize that opposition to nazis is not some radical leftist ideal... excellent.

You were making some point about a few dozen confederate memorials being built long after the war,

my post was a request for you to clarify your point, which I did not get, with a counter example to try to demonstrate my confusion about your point.

YOur response was not helpful or informative in any way.

What were you trying to say?

There are many Confederate Flags with many meanings. It's not ALL about the coloreds. These flags are representing States Rights and Religious Freedom. Fighting terrorism since 1861.

You know. We used to talk about those states rights that the South felt were being violated. The right for states to have their slaves returned to them when they ran away. The right to expand slavery to new territories. The right to re-open the slave trade.

We used to talk about the original meanings of that flag. About the fire eater who was an extreme confederate who made it. Who felt the Confederacy wasn't going far enough. That owning slaves wasn't just a political right but a God Given right to own the black man. Who felt that opening the slave trade again was the only way the country could move forward.

We used to talk about Robert E Lee, begging southerners with his wish that they would put the flag away, and the KKK and dixiecrats making it their calling card against the civil rights movement.

But we like erasing all these things that don't make us feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. We like removing the history of that 4 years that doesn't fit our agenda, burning the books, and rewriting what we can.

You know. We used to talk about those states rights that the South felt were being violated. The right for states to have their slaves returned to them when they ran away. The right to expand slavery to new territories. The right to re-open the slave trade.

We used to talk about the original meanings of that flag. About the fire eater who was an extreme confederate who made it. Who felt the Confederacy wasn't going far enough. That owning slaves wasn't just a political right but a God Given right to own the black man. Who felt that opening the slave trade again was the only way the country could move forward.

We used to talk about Robert E Lee, begging southerners with his wish that they would put the flag away, and the KKK and dixiecrats making it their calling card against the civil rights movement.

But we like erasing all these things that don't make us feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. We like removing the history of that 4 years that doesn't fit our agenda, burning the books, and rewriting what we can.

I think you messed up my quote in this post. That doesn't sound like something I would say.

I think you messed up my quote in this post. That doesn't sound like something I would say.

Yeah it got all jacked up. Was more a statement to those that claim "states rights" for the reason of the war, hoping that hides the fact that those states rights were more pro-slavery agendas

Let's all blame the Confederacy for having slavery for 4 years, and forget that the USA had slavery for 89 years.

Nope, not one person has said to forget that here that I've seen. When you have to lie to make your point it ruins your point.

It's a dark part of US History. The northern colonies wanted to ban it from the start, but felt that the full 13 colonies had a stronger power, and gave in to those in the south rather than split over the issue. Most Northern States banned slavery DURING the revolutionary war. Washington was the US president in office when the USA banned the slave trade.

A difference is that the USA was not founded on the principles of slavery. The USA did not thoroughly identify with the institution of slavery. It was not the cornerstone of the founding of America. Just because there has been some American influenced negative treatment of the Jews doesn't make us Nazi Germany.

Let's all blame the Confederacy for having slavery for 4 years, and forget that the USA had slavery for 89 years.

Nope, not one person has said to forget that here that I've seen. When you have to lie to make your point it ruins your point.

It's a dark part of US History. The northern colonies wanted to ban it from the start, but felt that the full 13 colonies had a stronger power, and gave in to those in the south rather than split over the issue. Most Northern States banned slavery DURING the revolutionary war. Washington was the US president in office when the USA banned the slave trade.

A difference is that the USA was not founded on the principles of slavery. The USA did not thoroughly identify with the institution of slavery. It was not the cornerstone of the founding of America. Just because there has been some American influenced negative treatment of the Jews doesn't make us Nazi Germany.

So it is OK with you that the USA had slavery for 89 years. But not OK that the Confederacy had slavery for 4 years. :laugh:

Forum List

Back