Frontline pbs

Hello c #1.
Welcome to USMB.

PBS broadcasts some very impressive documentaries. I enjoy many NOVA broadcasts for example. And PBS nature documentaries can be nearly as refreshing as a one hour vacation in the Serengeti, a desert, or an ocean.

As you observe, Frontline makes an important contribution. Bottom line, our democratic republic is lost without educated, informed voters.

Thank you c #1 for calling PBS / Frontline to our attention. Perhaps you may inspire a convert or two, perhaps even some PBS members.

Thanks for joining us USMB. Visit often. Post a lot.

PS
Several weeks ago PBS broadcast the feature movie Lawrence of Arabia. The broadcast coincided with the installation of my new UHD TV. They were a good match. The plot-line is weak. But the breathtaking cinematography helps compensate.
And for current events fans, PBS offers several broadcasts of contemporary interest, including talking head shows.

Hello c #1.
Welcome to USMB.

PBS broadcasts some very impressive documentaries. I enjoy many NOVA broadcasts for example. And PBS nature documentaries can be nearly as refreshing as a one hour vacation in the Serengeti, a desert, or an ocean.

As you observe, Frontline makes an important contribution. Bottom line, our democratic republic is lost without educated, informed voters.

Thank you c #1 for calling PBS / Frontline to our attention. Perhaps you may inspire a convert or two, perhaps even some PBS members.

Thanks for joining us USMB. Visit often. Post a lot.

PS
Several weeks ago PBS broadcast the feature movie Lawrence of Arabia. The broadcast coincided with the installation of my new UHD TV. They were a good match. The plot-line is weak. But the breathtaking cinematography helps compensate.
And for current events fans, PBS offers several broadcasts of contemporary interest, including talking head shows.
Thanks for the info. How is it you are a VIP member? PBS is good, but ultimately most people wont watch educational material, though perhaps enough people. I wish I could get into American Experience, but it's too slow moving for me. A few good one's though- Irish in America one neat.

"Thanks for the info." c #3
My thanks for the topic. I've been a $paying PBS member for generations. $Money well spent in my opinion.
"How is it you are a VIP member?" c #3
It seems I used to post here years ago, and the system has retained my pseud / ID.
"PBS is good, but ultimately most people wont watch educational material, though perhaps enough people." c #3
"Half the people you know are below average."
It's a familiar journalistic problem, battling realities in the newspaper bidness for generations.
- There are headlines that sell newspapers
- there are articles newspaper buyers want to read, &
- there are important articles the editor knows the public should know, even if / when the public doesn't.
"I wish I could get into American Experience, but it's too slow moving for me." c #3
I enjoyed the recent AE on Jesse Owens, the U.S. runner that dope-slapped Hitler's racist nonsense about Aryan supremacy.

Enjoy a rock 'em, sock 'em weekend c #3.

Forum List

Back