from uk experience warning about polls

decker

Oct 12, 2012
in 1992 the polls said neil kinnock would become labour prime minster. he ended up losing to john major

in 2010 election the polls said lib dems would gain many seats up to 80 to 90. they lost seats

so assume nothing is all i say to either gop or dem tonight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

and the cheating matters too.

This time the republcians will get caught

soi your NOT concerned about the election?

your not concerned that your party has cheated?

Concern troll keeps getting more and more concerned.
i am not a concern troll. i reflect my views. you may not like what i say but does not mean im a troll. lazy on your part.

soi your NOT concerned about the election?

your not concerned that your party has cheated?
i would not want anyone to cheat. elections should be fair fight

all i was saying is polls are one thing and what happens on election day is another/

The republicans HAVE cheated.

they have done it for decades in elections

Polls in the UK have no bearing on polls in the US. This is partly because the two system do not resemble each other in any way whatsoever. The UK has a parliamentary system, we do not.

With that said, most of the polls are within the margin of error and can claim they are correct even if they are calling the state for the incorrect candidate and polls can always be wrong. They make assumptions in order to come up with their information and assumptions do not always pan out. In the last few elections they have been pretty accurate though and this is why I think that, in the end, Obama is going to hold onto his presidency.

As a side note, NO ONE is relying on polls of any sort whatsoever. This is a debate board and the polls are the single source of election forecasting and debate points. There is nothing else. It is not a reliance on the polls that make us all debate about them, it is the fact that there is no other reliable counterpoint to debate when it comes to election predictions. I don't think that anyone here believe that the polls are infallible or they are laying all their hopes and dreams on them. What I think is that they consist of all the pre-election info I have at my disposal and I am going to take them as such.

The republicans HAVE cheated.

The democrats HAVE cheated.

Ya, your spouting nonsense again. You had better be careful, your head might explode if Romney wins. You also might want to take care if Obama wins, he is not your savior.

in 1992 the polls said neil kinnock would become labour prime minster. he ended up losing to john major

in 2010 election the polls said lib dems would gain many seats up to 80 to 90. they lost seats

so assume nothing is all i say to either gop or dem tonight.

Yep, you can't rely on polls. The only poll that matters is the one you head to on the day of election.

This fucking guy. I wonder if the concern troll will be back in a few hours. They should be waking up in the UK soon.

Forum List

Back