From the Washington Post?

Shelzin

Equal Opportunity Asshole
Jul 15, 2012
Trump’s concern about mail-in ballots is completely legitimate

No one questions that mail-in ballots have much higher rates of not being counted. A Massachusetts Institute of Technology study found that in the 2008 presidential election, 7.6 million of 35.5 million mail-in ballots requested were not counted because they never reached voters or were rejected for irregularities. That is a failure rate of more than 21 percent. In 2008, it did not matter because the election was not particularly close and mail-in ballots only accounted for a fraction of votes cast. But imagine the impact that would have in a close election in which mail-in voting is tried on a massive scale.

If mail-in ballots are adopted widely for the 2020 election, mass failures would be inevitable because about half the states have either no or extremely limited vote-by-mail options, and thus lack the experience or infrastructure for sending out, receiving or securing millions of mail-in ballots. We’d be conducting an experiment of unprecedented scale right in the middle of one of the most contentious elections in U.S. history.

I expected that some news media somewhere would say something... But I didn't think it would be the WPO saying it. Good on them.

The states get to decide how to run the elections in each of their respective states. Trump doesn't get to control all aspects of an election.
Election changes must be voted on within the states...and there is no time for that before this next election...unless they just do it...but that would only be in deep blue states which don't matter a hill of beans.....

Mail in votes are only a problem for the loser of the election.

The biggest problem is when individuals must determine if signature matches. The problem with someone determining if the signature matches assumes everyone writes the same way all the time. It assumes that the election official can make that determination without error on there part.

The only solution is to have Trump call every mail in voter and ask then "Did you vote for me?"

Then there is a click and the phone dial-tone can be heard. Yep that is a vote for me.

The biggest problem is when individuals must determine if signature matches. The problem with someone determining if the signature matches assumes everyone writes the same way all the time. It assumes that the election official can make that determination without error on there part.

The only solution is to have Trump call every mail in voter and ask then "Did you vote for me?"

Then there is a click and the phone dial-tone can be heard. Yep that is a vote for me.
Why democrats so against protecting Voting Rights?

• Banned

Why democrats so against protecting Voting Rights?
They seem to believe that the United States belongs to the world, and isn't a entity of itself. I admittedly don't understand why they reject citizenship.

• Banned
What? Did I have to have a "Breaking News" sign on it?

Forum List

Back