From bargain shopping to living on oatmeal and eggs, how Canadians are surviving soaring prices

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Is America ready for the mass influx of starving citizens from Canada (none of them will be members of the Security Industrial Complex, that's for sure) that I warned you could potentially be in the cards? I declared this warning before the pandemic, it's FAR worse now...

Middle-class families barely scraping by​

The current situation is making it tough for people like Dave Arsenault of Moncton, N.B.

He said that before the COVID-19 pandemic, which was declared in early 2020, he would have described his family of four as middle class. Now, he said, they live paycheque to paycheque.

"It feels depressing," Arsenault said. "It's frustrating because it's through no fault of your own that your entire lifestyle changes."

Feeding his family, which includes 11-year-old twins, is tough even with a double income, said Arsenault, who works at a newspaper printing press and is the president of his union local.

Both he and his wife, an office administrator, have unionized jobs with standardized yearly raises, but he said it's still not enough to keep up with rising costs.

"It's a definite struggle," he said.

Is America ready for the mass influx of starving citizens from Canada (none of them will be members of the Security Industrial Complex, that's for sure) that I warned you could potentially be in the cards? I declared this warning before the pandemic, it's FAR worse now...

The current situation is making it tough for people like Dave Arsenault of Moncton, N.B.

He said that before the COVID-19 pandemic, which was declared in early 2020, he would have described his family of four as middle class. Now, he said, they live paycheque to paycheque.

"It feels depressing," Arsenault said. "It's frustrating because it's through no fault of your own that your entire lifestyle changes."

Feeding his family, which includes 11-year-old twins, is tough even with a double income, said Arsenault, who works at a newspaper printing press and is the president of his union local.

Both he and his wife, an office administrator, have unionized jobs with standardized yearly raises, but he said it's still not enough to keep up with rising costs.

Just what we need a horde of diseased illegal aliens crossing our southern border, now from the north a bunch of hungry Canooks, when will it end.

Just what we need a horde of diseased illegal aliens crossing our southern border, now from the north a bunch of hungry Canooks, when will it end.
I am not sure as to what the situation is now----but
in the past, the canadian border was THE WAY for
terrorists and----normal refugees to GET IN

Is America ready for the mass influx of starving citizens from Canada
Sorry, you're mostly white...would screw up the plans down here.

We are aiming at mirroring the RSA, or Brazil by 2050.

I am sure you've seen the commercials...ahead of their time.

/-----/ And here in the Good Old USA, anti-theift security tags on steaks.
1654861889531.png

What do you people have against staple foods like rice, beans and oatmeal?

They are extremely versatile and not to mention way better for you than lots of other shit people eat

Buy cheap cuts.
Right now a rump roast at Kroger is $8.49/lb. Which is indeed outrages for rump roast, but still about 40% cheaper than steak. And you can eat 100% of a rump roast. The $13/lb. for a strip includes the weight of the bone/fat/tendons you won't eat.
When prepared properly a rump roast is very tendor, and full of flavor.
Same with a Pork Shoulder. It will feed you for a week. And also, when prepared properly, a pork shoulder is damn near as tasty as bacon.

What do you people have against staple foods like rice, beans and oatmeal?

They are extremely versatile and not to mention way better for you than lots of other shit people eat

I have nothing against it, I consume all said products.

As Jesus said, "one cannot live on bread alone". Furthermore, with such a level of poverty in Canada, how long fo you think an excessively priced bag of oatmeal is going to last a family when Canadians are $100 from bankruptcy?

Last edited:
I have nothing against it, I consume all aid products.

As Jesus said, "one cannot live on bread alone". Furthermore, with such a level of poverty in Canada, how long fo you think an excessive priced bag of oatmeal is going to last a family when Canadians are $100 from bankruptcy?

In general I don't care about Canadians in Canada

Please direct your fellow countrymen to migrate north. If they walk north enough into the Arctic Circle all their food problems and other problems with surely numb away.

Buy cheap cuts.
Right now a rump roast at Kroger is $8.49/lb. Which is indeed outrages for rump roast, but still about 40% cheaper than steak. And you can eat 100% of a rump roast. The $13/lb. for a strip includes the weight of the bone/fat/tendons you won't eat.
When prepared properly a rump roast is very tendor, and full of flavor.
Same with a Pork Shoulder. It will feed you for a week. And also, when prepared properly, a pork shoulder is damn near as tasty as bacon.

There are many ways to survive on less, including the cooking of cheaper meat cuts for broth for soups and gravies which can feed a family for months. The point for most Americans is we should be able to more easily afford higher quality cuts of meat for the summer grill without breaking the bank. For those Americans who cannot afford meat raising livestock is the way to go, even if that means sheep or a cow in your apartment. Last summer I could purchase three generously heavy ribeye steaks at the local butcher for five bucks a piece. Now they're about $19 per same size steak. Don't get me started on the price of a pound of crab meat this year . . .

Forum List

Back