Freedom wins...big government loses...Boeing Bill passes

No, but I am saying that in most industries, outcomes would be better from the perspective of workers if firms were unionized. You're certainly free to argue that we should care more about the perspective of businesses than workers, but it's not a free lunch.

Yeah, the GM and Chrysler bankruptcies proved how unions are such a greet boon for workers. I suppose they are if they can get the government to shake down the taxpayers for them.

Wait so companies can keep doing business without retribution web when they violate laws? That's not good.

Labors laws are just a license for unions to commit extortion.

what laws specifically?

Well I am not a legal scholar but , if my assumptions are right, the unions are saying that Boeing does not have a right to close down it's branch in Washinton and open one in The Carolina's because the branch in Washington has Union labor. This is because of possible loss of income by that union labor. That looks pretty close to extortion to me.

Being able to refuse to sign the contract doesn't mean the contract isn't coercive. If we're trapped in the desert and I have water, selling it to you on the condition that I get everything you own would still be coercive, even though you'd have the freedom to refuse it and die.

No, actually that wouldn't be coercive. Holding a gun on you is coercive. Being in a difficult spot is just that. If they guy with the water wasn't there, your only alternative would be dying. He's providing you with an option that you wouldn't otherwise have.

Labors laws are just a license for unions to commit extortion.

what laws specifically?

Well I am not a legal scholar but , if my assumptions are right, the unions are saying that Boeing does not have a right to close down it's branch in Washinton and open one in The Carolina's because the branch in Washington has Union labor. This is because of possible loss of income by that union labor. That looks pretty close to extortion to me.

the gaping hole in the unions theory is that the plant was not shut down, and Boeing actually INCREASED jobs in that plant, in addition to building a plant in the second, non-union, location.

That's not true. States haven't given people the freedom of choice (they've had that all along). They've given people the right to take money out of the pockets of others.

Who is taking money out of who's pockets?

Well at least on this issue we can remain a free republic.

The House of Representatives has passed a bill that would undermine the government's case accusing Boeing Co. of retaliating against union workers.

The measure, approved on a 238-186 vote, would limit the National Labor Relations Board's enforcement power by prohibiting the agency from ordering any employer to shut down plants or relocate work, even after a company had violated labor laws.

Republicans and their allies in the business community have criticized the National Labor Relations Board for more than a year as the agency issued a spate of union-friendly decisions and rules.

Read more: House Passes Bill To Limit Labor Relations Board Authority | Fox News

It will never get past Reid in the Senate. He'll sit on it like he has every GOP jobs proposal since 2008.

He'll sit on it til 2012,, then his ass is going to water the pmegrante trees fucking loser.

So... I re-read this thread and unless I missed something, NO ONE has stated what the penalty would be for a company that breaks the law. Do any of you even know? Or are you honestly saying that no company will ever break the law, never, never, never?

So... I re-read this thread and unless I missed something, NO ONE has stated what the penalty would be for a company that breaks the law. Do any of you even know? Or are you honestly saying that no company will ever break the law, never, never, never?

please specify the law in question.

What law are you referring to so that we can make a reference.

What law are you referring to so that we can make a reference.

i think the question is too hard for him.

Forum List

Back