Freedom wins...big government loses...Boeing Bill passes

Whose freedom? I thought Americans had a right to fight injustice, did something change? Corporate propaganda has created the greatest number of anti American freedom righties ever, that someone could cheer this loss of freedom as freedom is insane.

"Corporate propaganda directed outwards, that is, to the public at large, has two main objectives: to identify the free enterprise system in popular consciousness with every cherished value, and to identify interventionist governments and strong unions (the only agencies capable of checking a complete domination of society by corporations) with tyranny, oppression and even subversion. The techniques used to achieve these results are variously called 'public relations', 'corporate communications' and 'economic education'." Alex Carey 'Taking the Risk out of Democracy' [see also Democracy after Citizens United | MIT World ]

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism." Amazon.com: Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan (9780393059304): Kim Phillips-Fein: Books

the employees are free to decide if they wish to relcoate and still work for them. They are free to decide if they still wish to work for them without a union. The company is free to decide where it will operate. The vendors are free to decide if they still wish to supply them. The Airlines are still free to decide if they wish to purchase their products.

Please explain who lost freedom here.

I bet you will struggle.

Employees did.

So employees have the freedom to decide if a company may or may not open a new branch and grow thier business if they feel it is not in thier best interest?

I go to work at a restaurant as a waiter and the restaurant decides to open a new location five miles away. I have the freedom to tell that restaurant they cannot do that because I think it will diminish my tips? Yes I do, but it should not have the weight to prevent them from carrying out their plans.

No, but I am saying that in most industries, outcomes would be better from the perspective of workers if firms were unionized. You're certainly free to argue that we should care more about the perspective of businesses than workers, but it's not a free lunch.

then why is union membership at an all time low, and dropping?

Because most states have effectively banned unions.
No, it's because most states have given people the freedom to decide if they want to organize or not.

Most people don't want to unionize. I'd ask if that tells you anything, but I know it doesn't.

No, it's because most states have given people the freedom to decide if they want to organize or not.

Most people don't want to unionize. I'd ask if that tells you anything, but I know it doesn't.

That's not true. States haven't given people the freedom of choice (they've had that all along). They've given people the right to take money out of the pockets of others.

the employees are free to decide if they wish to relcoate and still work for them. They are free to decide if they still wish to work for them without a union. The company is free to decide where it will operate. The vendors are free to decide if they still wish to supply them. The Airlines are still free to decide if they wish to purchase their products.

I bet you will struggle.

Employees did.

So employees have the freedom to decide if a company may or may not open a new branch and grow thier business if they feel it is not in thier best interest?

I go to work at a restaurant as a waiter and the restaurant decides to open a new location five miles away. I have the freedom to tell that restaurant they cannot do that because I think it will diminish my tips? Yes I do, but it should not have the weight to prevent them from carrying out their plans.

I think once more, as happens too often, we are confusing freedoms for rights.

That's not true. States haven't given people the freedom of choice (they've had that all along). They've given people the right to take money out of the pockets of others.
That's what unions do. That's what Democrats do. Why do you object to it?

Well at least on this issue we can remain a free republic.

The House of Representatives has passed a bill that would undermine the government's case accusing Boeing Co. of retaliating against union workers.

The measure, approved on a 238-186 vote, would limit the National Labor Relations Board's enforcement power by prohibiting the agency from ordering any employer to shut down plants or relocate work, even after a company had violated labor laws.

Republicans and their allies in the business community have criticized the National Labor Relations Board for more than a year as the agency issued a spate of union-friendly decisions and rules.

Read more: House Passes Bill To Limit Labor Relations Board Authority | Fox News

that's your dumbass idea of what makes us a "free republic"?

i'm gonna bet it won't get past the senate.

So forcing someone to join a union is better than letting them decide if they want to be in the union or not??

Being forced to be in a union is a freedom?? I'm so confused.:confused:

No, but I am saying that in most industries, outcomes would be better from the perspective of workers if firms were unionized. You're certainly free to argue that we should care more about the perspective of businesses than workers, but it's not a free lunch.

Please link to a single state law banning unions from said state.

I dare you.

I bet you will struggle.

Employees did.

Which employees? What freedom did they lose?

The employees did. They're free to decide to sign a contract in which they have no negotiating power. That's not free in any meaningful sense of the word.

Good employees always have negotiating power. What your talking about is the power to extort money from private firms. You're talking about a license to steal, not freedom.

So let me get this straight.

If a client of mine opts to give business to my competitor, it is the ideology of the left that I have the right to complain and consider it a loss of my freedom that a company made a business decision they deemed to be in their best interest?

Wow...and they say conservatism is evil?

If you start shopping at Publix instead of Piggly Wiggley, then you have violated the rights of all Piggly Wiggley union members to your business.

Forum List

Back