CDZ Freedom of speech is peace, and censorship is the use of force.

Censorship is an escalation of things, up above the level of discussion. It takes a brave person to agree to disagree. It takes a coward to shut someone up.
The right's media outlets such as Breitbart, Oann, Newsmax, and others have been censoring free speech all throughout the Trump regime's 4 years.

Why is it any different when the left's media outlets censor incitement to violence.

The right needs to throw all it's support behind their rightist friendly media and make them as big as MSNBC, CBS, etc.

The extreme right needs to stop whining about the left's media and create their own!

The only alternative would be to take over the MSM by force and then the extreme right could dictate their opinions being expressed.
Big deal if that would be a neo-Nazi takeover!

Any "freedom" is attached at the hip to a "responsibility", somewhat as Einstein's "space-time".

I find it amusing that when Trump violates the basic rules of Twitter and is banned, he is somehow "silenced".

Anyone who has a state of the art press room in their house is not silenced. But it does become harder for him to make statements that are not challenged immediately.

WinterBorn: "I find it amusing that when Trump violates the basic rules of Twitter and is banned, he is somehow "silenced".

Anyone who has a state of the art press room in their house is not silenced. But it does become harder for him to make statements that are not challenged immediately."

Yes, highly amusing. Ridiculous, even.

All this mess over a lack of honesty. people willing to sell their self's for money & power under the cover of support of a political party. No one is working for the average working persons best interest.

I find it amusing that when Trump violates the basic rules of Twitter and is banned, he is somehow "silenced".

Anyone who has a state of the art press room in their house is not silenced. But it does become harder for him to make statements that are not challenged immediately.
There's no need for the extreme right to provide their own press rooms in their basements. There are many media outlets in existence that are screaming for attention from the Magas!

What's wrong with Breitbart, Oann, Stormfront, and all the others who aspire to be as big as the biggest the left already has?

Being left of Pinochet, Hitler and Mussolini is not necessarily being 'left'.

I find it silly that the POTUS would be banned from his absolute favorite method to inform the masses.

<giggles>

Trump certainly has worked himself into a silly position. Well, "silly" rather understates it, but...

It also decreases the chance Trump again seeks to incite violence and criminality, which is the point.

For social media it's appropriate, responsible, and warranted, not censorship.

It also decreases the chance Trump again seeks to incite violence and criminality, which is the point.

Trump's turnabout with the message after he allegedly incited the crowd to violence was an indication that he was very afraid of the possible repercussions.
That incitement to violence will still be used as evidence against Trump for any future actions taken by the perpetrators of violence. No apologies for his criminal behaviour can ever excuse the behaviour.

It's now a question on whether Trump will act out again with his incitement of violence? I think he's not likely to take another chance. He now knows that he may not have any pardon tactics at his disposal.

Trump's turnabout with the message after he allegedly incited the crowd to violence was an indication that he was very afraid of the possible repercussions.
That incitement to violence will still be used as evidence against Trump for any future actions taken by the perpetrators of violence. No apologies for his criminal behaviour can ever excuse the behaviour.

It's now a question on whether Trump will act out again with his incitement of violence? I think he's not likely to take another chance. He now knows that he may not have any pardon tactics at his disposal.
Have you considered telling the truth, instead?

A Canadian bringing home the fact that those who accuse others of censorship usually turn out to be the most offensive censors of all.

MSM in America had only censored inappropriate incitements to violence on the part of the extremists. That's how it all started, and then it grew into something much bigger than that.

Americans themselves have succeeded in causing their MSM to be biased, in a way that no other country has succeeded in doing.

IMHO! It's not an issue of free speech and never has been that. It's an issue of people who aspire to fomenting violence turning to MSM outlets for the attention they crave.

Those who support the inciting of violent revolution against their country can run but they can't hide.

Those who support the inciting of violent revolution against their country can run but they can't hide.
Enough with the threats, kid, k?

You seem to want to take everything I say as a threat? It's you that has been threatening everybody that doesn't agree with you, continuously and repeatedly. And referring to everybody as as-holes just doesn't belong in the CDZ section. Do you lack the courage to just say it and make it clear that you consider all of us as-holes?

If that's going to be your behaviour then I'll just have to ignore you from now on.

You seem to want to take everything I say as a threat? It's you that has been threatening everybody that doesn't agree with you, continuously and repeatedly. And referring to everybody as as-holes just doesn't belong in the CDZ section. Do you lack the courage to just say it and make it clear that you consider all of us as-holes?

If that's going to be your behaviour then I'll just have to ignore you from now on.

Saying that people can run but they cannot hide is a threat - obviously so.

I have never called you or anybody else an asshole in the clean debate section. Again, you should try telling the truth, instead.

Censorship is an escalation of things, up above the level of discussion.

How does that make any sense? It's a deescalation of things below the level of discussion.

It takes a brave person to agree to disagree. It takes a coward to shut someone up.

And how does that make any sense? Was Trump a coward when he sent his revolutionaries to the Capital to shut up the process of naming Biden to be the president?

No, of course he wasn't, he was trying to take back the stolen votes! Or something like that?

Trump: I know how you feel, but go home and go home in peace.

Leftist media: OMG TRUMP IS INCITING VIOLENCE

Forum List

Back