Free Speech Week Is Off...

You are so dedicated to believing in your delusions of victimhood that you've now got straight through to outright denial of reality.
Where did I say that *I* was a victim of Berkley's fascism?

I wouldnt go to speak there for a million dollars.

Why bother speaking to some of Americas most closed minded and asinine students?

UC Berkeley student group cancels 'Free Speech Week' event

The conservative student group Berkeley Patriot was dropping out for safety reasons, the Berkeleyside, a local website, reported Saturday.

“The university has made it impossible to hold the event,” the group’s attorney, Marguerite Melo, told the website. “A lot of these speakers have withdrawn. To have an empty gesture of ‘Free Speech Week,’ when there are no speakers is impossible. And the university couldn’t guarantee our speakers would be safe.”

“We are very disappointed,” she added “We are going to cancel. We have made a determination, or our clients have, that it is just not safe. If we had had Zellerbach Hall, that would be a different story. But my clients didn’t want to be responsible, even morally, if something happened.”​

So the Berkley administration is going to let Antifa faggots determine who is going to be able to speak at Berkley.

Berkley is one of the most mentally constrained and intellectually blinkered colleges in the world.

just pull its federal funding and let it die folks.

Marc Thiessen: In Berkeley, Shapiro spoke but Antifa won

Indeed, Middlebury College has already shown Antifa how it can shut down events on its campus with threats of violence. In its newly issued “Interim Procedures for Scheduling Events and Invited Speakers” (which might be better titled “Interim Procedures for Getting Conservative Events Cancelled”), the school announced that it will conduct a special review of “any events that are a likely target of disruption, threats, violence, or other acts of intimidation, or are likely to draw unusually large crowds.” It adds that it will implement security procedures and that “only in cases of imminent and credible threat to the community that cannot be mitigated by revisions to the event plan would the president and senior administration consider canceling the event.”

Here is what Antifa heard: if we pose an “imminent and credible threat,” we can cancel events at Middlebury.

Nowhere in Middlebury’s procedures was there an echo of the message Berkeley’s Chancellor delivered before Shapiro’s lecture: “We will not tolerate violence, and we will hold anyone accountable who engages in it.” Little wonder, as this is the same school which allowed radical students to shut down a speech by my AEI colleague, Charles Murray, with near-total impunity. He and the professor who invited him were attacked by a mob as they left the building, including students wearing ski masks. The professor had to be taken to the hospital. No one was suspended or expelled. Indeed, Murray recently pointed out that “only one school, Claremont McKenna, has suspended or expelled students who have shut down speeches, participated in violent riots, or physically threatened speakers over the last few years.”​

Commie professors letting their little baby commies do their dirty work while the college admins try to wash their bloody hands and pose as keepers of the flame of free thought and free speech.

roflmao

UC Berkeley student group cancels 'Free Speech Week' event

The conservative student group Berkeley Patriot was dropping out for safety reasons, the Berkeleyside, a local website, reported Saturday.

“The university has made it impossible to hold the event,” the group’s attorney, Marguerite Melo, told the website. “A lot of these speakers have withdrawn. To have an empty gesture of ‘Free Speech Week,’ when there are no speakers is impossible. And the university couldn’t guarantee our speakers would be safe.”

“We are very disappointed,” she added “We are going to cancel. We have made a determination, or our clients have, that it is just not safe. If we had had Zellerbach Hall, that would be a different story. But my clients didn’t want to be responsible, even morally, if something happened.”​

So the Berkley administration is going to let Antifa faggots determine who is going to be able to speak at Berkley.

Berkley is one of the most mentally constrained and intellectually blinkered colleges in the world.

just pull its federal funding and let it die folks.

:lol:

Didn't you just try to complain that I was being bull-headed and refusing to recognize facts, in another thread?

The Berkeley administration is not letting ANTIFA decide anything. As of this morning, the administration was under the assumption that the event was going to occur as planned. As much as the "Berkeley Patriots" attorney may like to claim it, the school has actually bent over backwards to accommodate the group, including spending upwards of a million dollars on security for it. The group is the one who made the call to cancel the event - and they did it the day before it was supposed to occur.

As for the locations of the event, that's also on the Berkeley Patriots. The lawyer complains that they didn't have Zellerbach Hall for the event - but that's only because the group failed to file the required paperwork to reserve it. This event has been in planning for nearly 9 months, and yet the group was unable to meet any of the deadlines for venue reservations.

I understand that you are trying desperately to shift the blame for this event's failure to the Berkeley administration. In doing so, you're outright denying the reality of the situation.

Marc Thiessen: In Berkeley, Shapiro spoke but Antifa won

Indeed, Middlebury College has already shown Antifa how it can shut down events on its campus with threats of violence. In its newly issued “Interim Procedures for Scheduling Events and Invited Speakers” (which might be better titled “Interim Procedures for Getting Conservative Events Cancelled”), the school announced that it will conduct a special review of “any events that are a likely target of disruption, threats, violence, or other acts of intimidation, or are likely to draw unusually large crowds.” It adds that it will implement security procedures and that “only in cases of imminent and credible threat to the community that cannot be mitigated by revisions to the event plan would the president and senior administration consider canceling the event.”

Here is what Antifa heard: if we pose an “imminent and credible threat,” we can cancel events at Middlebury.

Nowhere in Middlebury’s procedures was there an echo of the message Berkeley’s Chancellor delivered before Shapiro’s lecture: “We will not tolerate violence, and we will hold anyone accountable who engages in it.” Little wonder, as this is the same school which allowed radical students to shut down a speech by my AEI colleague, Charles Murray, with near-total impunity. He and the professor who invited him were attacked by a mob as they left the building, including students wearing ski masks. The professor had to be taken to the hospital. No one was suspended or expelled. Indeed, Murray recently pointed out that “only one school, Claremont McKenna, has suspended or expelled students who have shut down speeches, participated in violent riots, or physically threatened speakers over the last few years.”​

Commie professors letting their little baby commies do their dirty work while the college admins try to wash their bloody hands and pose as keepers of the flame of free thought and free speech.

roflmao

If you're going to blame ANTIFA for the security expense, you could just as easily blame it on the speakers. Milo cost the school over a million dollars for an event that he probably didn't expect or want to actually occur.

No one at Berkeley actually wanted Milo's little event, and yet, they're still out a million dollars - just because he felt the need to troll liberal students.

I could never imagine that so much of the country would be turned over to feelings addled liberals who are impeding the functioning of the country because they will not accept that they lost

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You should really read your article. It doesn't say what you think it does.

I read the article. It says what I thought it said.

You should really read it too.
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

The article you posted is an opinion piece, suggesting that the whole event was a set-up in the first place, that Milo never had any intention of getting the people he promised and that he's been lying to the public for days, even though he knew the event wasn't going to happen last week. Is that what you thought it said?

It also points out that the school didn't cancel the event, the student group that was organizing it did - after failing repeatedly to arraign venues for the speakers or being able to confirm their guest list - of which 3 had already dropped out, and at least 4 hadn't been invited in the first place.

Charles Murray, in my favorite response, told reporters that not only had Milo not invited him (even though his name had been on the guest list for weeks), he would have refused to go or appear on stage with Milo, who he described as "a despicable asshole".

But Michael Cohen, an American studies professor at UC Berkeley who also attended the march, said, “This has never been about free speech.”

“This is the equivalent of a five-day flat earther conference in front of the physics department,” he said.

Tidy !
They spent a million dollars facilitating these idiots. Money better spent on , um, education.

Forum List

Back