"Free" College for EVERYONE!

FREE! FREE! It's all FREE! :spinner:

K-12 is free
Not according to my rising property tax statement or living in a state with the 3rd highest tax rate in the country.
So no, it is definitely NOT free, Dorothy.
Is your police and fire coverage free or do you receive a bill ?
The bill is the theft of my personal income before I even see my check. Payroll taxes are downright theft. Who knows where the hell that goes.
It also occurs on property tax statements, which is also a bill even though as a statist you can't see that. At least that bill is itemized for those services you just mentioned.

Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society.......Oliver Wendell Holmes

K-12 is free
Not according to my rising property tax statement or living in a state with the 3rd highest tax rate in the country.
The bill is the theft of my personal income before I even see my check. Payroll taxes are downright theft. Who knows where the hell that goes.
It also occurs on property tax statements, which is also a bill even though as a statist you can't see that. At least that bill is itemized for those services you just mentioned.

Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society.......Oliver Wendell Holmes
Funny how the most heavily taxed areas of America are the least civilized.

K-12 is free

Tell it to Appalachia

K-12 is free

Tell it to Appalachia
The weak go to of the left. :lame2:

Hillbillies are heavily taxed?
Are they rioting too?

K-12 is free

My property tax bill disagrees.

I never received a bill

I don’t receive a bill for roads, police protection, fire protection, the military.......

I never received a bill

You never received a property tax bill?

My taxes pay for many things. Some I support, some I do not.
I would rather pay for education, healthcare and modern infrastructure than provide a military to protect the world and give the wealthy the lowest tax rate in generations.

My taxes pay for many things.

Yup.

I would rather pay for education,

It won't be free? Biden was lying......again?
Scroll up

First you said K-12 is free. Now you say you pay for it.

Were you lying then or are you lying now?
Did you really not understand what he meant by free? Students don’t pay tuition to go. Why did I need to explain that to you? Slap yourself in the face and turn your brain on please.

Did you really not understand what he meant by free?

I understand he was lying. It's not free.

You send your kid to Second Grade, you don’t get a bill for $10,000. That is Free in my book. Yes, you may pay $3000 a year in school taxes but that does not pay for the two kids you have in the school system.

The difference is made up by people like me who haven’t had a kid in school for 20 years but still pay my $3000 a year in school taxes.

So yes......those schools are “Free”

You send your kid to Second Grade, you don’t get a bill for $10,000.

And a portion of my property taxes go to the school district.

Still funny.

You don’t “pay” for your kids to go to public school. If you have multiple kids in school, your taxes do not come close to what it costs to educate your children. Your community and state pick up the rest.

So stop trying to claim you pay for school through your taxes

You don’t “pay” for your kids to go to public school.

If there was no public school, my property tax bill would be much lower.

If you have multiple kids in school, your taxes do not come close to what it costs to educate your children.

Costs? It's not free? DURR.

Your community and state pick up the rest.

I never pay taxes to my state or community, eh?

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I don’t receive a bill for roads, police protection, fire protection, the military.......

I never received a bill

I would rather pay for education, healthcare and modern infrastructure than provide a military to protect the world and give the wealthy the lowest tax rate in generations.

Yup.

Scroll up

Did you really not understand what he meant by free? Students don’t pay tuition to go. Why did I need to explain that to you? Slap yourself in the face and turn your brain on please.

You send your kid to Second Grade, you don’t get a bill for $10,000. That is Free in my book. Yes, you may pay $3000 a year in school taxes but that does not pay for the two kids you have in the school system.

The difference is made up by people like me who haven’t had a kid in school for 20 years but still pay my $3000 a year in school taxes.

Still funny.

You don’t “pay” for your kids to go to public school. If you have multiple kids in school, your taxes do not come close to what it costs to educate your children. Your community and state pick up the rest.

If you have multiple kids in school, your taxes do not come close to what it costs to educate your children.

Idiots......I’m surrounded by Idiots

:banghead:

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I never received a bill

Yup.

Scroll up

Still funny.

Idiots......I’m surrounded by Idiots

:banghead:
Don’t waste your time. When Todd is shown to be wrong he goes into troll mode. He did that a few pages back in this conversation

By the time you graduate, it'll be time for you to retire.

But that doesn't matter. Maybe I won't retire...

Anyways, it's not a free for all, there would still be an entrance exam to only take the top candidates, not everyone who applies.

Oh, that's how it'll work? Can you point me to the list of criteria that's been publicized about how this will all work?

But, aside from that, your comment is a bit ignorant, as it seems to suggest that someone in their 50's couldn't pass a college entrance exam...
Not someone in their 50s, you. You thought that it would be free for anyone who wants to go, lol.

Well, dipshit, I'm 58 and have two Master's degrees, so go eat a dick...
A double Master would be able to come with something a little clever than the moronic "eat a dick".

And anyways, if you have 2 Masters, why go back and take someone younger's spot who could use a degree. Or are your Masters in basketweaving and changing diapers.

Does this mean someone like me can go to college for free?

I'm 58 years old but, unless this plan is discriminatory, age shouldn't be an issue, correct?
Correct
Canon, if you think that it's appropriate for a 58 year old to take up a space in college, my guess is that you wouldn't pass the entrance exam.

What's "appropriate" isn't the issue.

And how is it "taking up space"? Why shouldn't someone in their 50's be permitted to take advantage of a government program which could better them and make them more productive?
It’s a fair point... 30 year olds can’t enroll in high school after all. There is age based progression through our education system so thy would perhaps continue into higher level education after high school. I do support people of any age however going back to school and getting educated if that’s what they want to do. It’s a good discussion
By the time you graduate, it'll be time for you to retire.

But that doesn't matter. Maybe I won't retire...

Anyways, it's not a free for all, there would still be an entrance exam to only take the top candidates, not everyone who applies.

Oh, that's how it'll work? Can you point me to the list of criteria that's been publicized about how this will all work?

But, aside from that, your comment is a bit ignorant, as it seems to suggest that someone in their 50's couldn't pass a college entrance exam...
Not someone in their 50s, you. You thought that it would be free for anyone who wants to go, lol.

Y'all ought to Google "usa's oldest high school graduates" sometime. You'd be surprised. There have been several who went back to school and graduated in their older years (60 plus).
"several", meaning 6. Over 20 years. Which isn't what Can is talking about, he wasn't all old people to go back to school so that young people have no more room.

Which isn't what Can is talking about, he wasn't all old people to go back to school so that young people have no more room.

Your challenges with the English language aside ("he wasn't all old people"?? WTF?), your assertion that I want "old people" to go back to school is so that young people have no more room is stupid and ignorant.

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass who goes back to school. I just believe that, if there's going to be free college for everyone, then everyone should be able to avail themselves of that if they so choose.

And you've proven only to be a pathetic failure at listing the criteria which would be in play, despite the fact that you seem to believe you know how it'll work (entrance exams, etc).

Pull your head out of your ass and you'll appear smarter...

Which isn't what Can is talking about, he wasn't all old people to go back to school so that young people have no more room.

Your challenges with the English language aside ("he wasn't all old people"?? WTF?), your assertion that I want "old people" to go back to school is so that young people have no more room is stupid and ignorant.

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass who goes back to school. I just believe that, if there's going to be free college for everyone, then everyone should be able to avail themselves of that if they so choose.

And you've proven only to be a pathetic failure at listing the criteria which would be in play, despite the fact that you seem to believe you know how it'll work (entrance exams, etc).

There will always be entrance exams, just look at countries were it is free, that doesn't mean everyone who wants to goes, you still need the brains to get in. What would be the point of sending a bunch of retards to college? :dunno:

There will always be entrance exams, just look at countries were it is free, that doesn't mean everyone who wants to goes, you still need the brains to get in. What would be the point of sending a bunch of retards to college? :dunno:

You've failed (this is becoming a pattern, BTW) to address my point. You flat-out lied about why I think older folks should be permitted to go. It had nothing to do with there being no room for young people. That mere suggestion is funny, though, because your comment essentially says that if older folks wanted to go to college the young bucks couldn't compete.

I won't disagree with that...

Forum List

Back