"Free" College for EVERYONE!

FREE! FREE! It's all FREE! :spinner:

K-12 is free

My property tax bill disagrees.

I never received a bill

I don’t receive a bill for roads, police protection, fire protection, the military.......

I never received a bill

You never received a property tax bill?

My taxes pay for many things. Some I support, some I do not.
I would rather pay for education, healthcare and modern infrastructure than provide a military to protect the world and give the wealthy the lowest tax rate in generations.

My taxes pay for many things.

Yup.

I would rather pay for education,

It won't be free? Biden was lying......again?
Scroll up

First you said K-12 is free. Now you say you pay for it.

Were you lying then or are you lying now?
Are you stupid or just stubborn?

We provide free public school with our taxes. We need to provide free college with our taxes.

You do not get a bill, just like you don’t get a bill for the military, police, new roads, plowing your streets in the winter.

It all comes out of our tax revenue.

We provide free public school with our taxes.

We pay for public school with our taxes. It isn't free.

We need to provide free college with our taxes.

Taxpayer funded college for all is a bad idea. If we wanted to
do it like some other countries, and only accept the top 10% or so
of students, it could work. But it would be called racist.

We already graduate too many students with useless degrees.
Why spend trillions more to increase that number?

You do not get a bill,

I do get a bill for my local public schools and local community college.

Free higher education
Free Universal Healthcare
Invest Trillions in a modern infrastructure

Pay for it by:

Returning tax rates to Pre-Reagan rates
Scale down Military support to Europe and Asia.
Use money spent by employers and employees on health insurance on universal healthcare

Free higher education

For 100% of applicants?
Back in my day there were admission standards.
CLEP test, maybe?
CLEP test are not an entrance exam it is a test for the semester of a subject
Been a long time. :p

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I don’t receive a bill for roads, police protection, fire protection, the military.......

I never received a bill

I would rather pay for education, healthcare and modern infrastructure than provide a military to protect the world and give the wealthy the lowest tax rate in generations.

Yup.

Scroll up

Are you stupid or just stubborn?

We provide free public school with our taxes. We need to provide free college with our taxes.

You do not get a bill, just like you don’t get a bill for the military, police, new roads, plowing your streets in the winter.

It all comes out of our tax revenue.

We provide free public school with our taxes.

We pay for public school with our taxes. It isn't free.

We need to provide free college with our taxes.

Taxpayer funded college for all is a bad idea. If we wanted to
do it like some other countries, and only accept the top 10% or so
of students, it could work. But it would be called racist.

We already graduate too many students with useless degrees.
Why spend trillions more to increase that number?

You do not get a bill,

I do get a bill for my local public schools and local community college.

No Shit Sherlock

It comes down to a decision of how we allocate our revenue And priorities. Right now, higher education, healthcare and infrastructure are not priorities

An educated population benefits the country as a whole
yes, but who is going to pay for that free education?...

See the post above yours
i seen it but it will never happen....just more empty promises to get elected......
It will take a change in priorities. We need to wean ourselves from the desire to be guardians of the globe.

We also need to wean ourselves off of Reagan era Supply Side economics and invest in our working class instead of the wealthy.
yea good luck with that.....

It will take a change in priorities. We need to wean ourselves from the desire to be guardians of the globe.

But the problem is that the world has come to expect it, especially after eight years of the boy king bending over backwards to appease foreign leaders.

I hav long held that we should not get involved every time there's a problem somewhere in the world...

The EU has not needed our military support since the fall of the USSR. Let them pay for their own defense as well as the Middle East, Iran and Iraq. US can provide some token presence

Trump has been pushing them to raise their military spending to GDP ratio. We need to reduce ours and force them to pick up the slack.

European nations provide free universal healthcare, have modern infrastructure that we helped build, have free higher education. We could too if we weren’t out defending the globe
i hear what you are saying RW but that wont happen with biden.....

But the problem is that the world has come to expect it, especially after eight years of the boy king bending over backwards to appease foreign leaders.

I hav long held that we should not get involved every time there's a problem somewhere in the world...

The EU has not needed our military support since the fall of the USSR. Let them pay for their own defense as well as the Middle East, Iran and Iraq. US can provide some token presence

Trump has been pushing them to raise their military spending to GDP ratio. We need to reduce ours and force them to pick up the slack.

European nations provide free universal healthcare, have modern infrastructure that we helped build, have free higher education. We could too if we weren’t out defending the globe
Won‘t happen overnight.

But we will start to wean ourselves off of Supply Side tax rates, shore up Obamacare, provide more higher education opportunities.

It will take a while, but the US needs to start moving in the right direction

Does this mean someone like me can go to college for free?

I'm 58 years old but, unless this plan is discriminatory, age shouldn't be an issue, correct?
Correct
Canon, if you think that it's appropriate for a 58 year old to take up a space in college, my guess is that you wouldn't pass the entrance exam.

What's "appropriate" isn't the issue.

And how is it "taking up space"? Why shouldn't someone in their 50's be permitted to take advantage of a government program which could better them and make them more productive?
By the time you graduate, it'll be time for you to retire. Anyways, it's not a free for all, there would still be an entrance exam to only take the top candidates, not everyone who applies.

Won‘t happen overnight.

But we will start to wean ourselves off of Supply Side tax rates, shore up Obamacare, provide more higher education opportunities.

It will take a while, but the US needs to start moving in the right direction
you have more faith in these clowns than i do.....

We will end up with people that never finish. Imagine living for,free, and all you have to do is show up to class.

Nobody is saying unqualified students should get to go to college for free. Let them prove themselves in community college like they do today.

Students still have to make the grade or drop out. Just like today
Get a V and buy test answers. And where is anyone quoted as saying they have to qualify?

Does this mean someone like me can go to college for free?

I'm 58 years old but, unless this plan is discriminatory, age shouldn't be an issue, correct?
Correct
Canon, if you think that it's appropriate for a 58 year old to take up a space in college, my guess is that you wouldn't pass the entrance exam.

What's "appropriate" isn't the issue.

And how is it "taking up space"? Why shouldn't someone in their 50's be permitted to take advantage of a government program which could better them and make them more productive?
It’s a fair point... 30 year olds can’t enroll in high school after all. There is age based progression through our education system so thy would perhaps continue into higher level education after high school. I do support people of any age however going back to school and getting educated if that’s what they want to do. It’s a good discussion

My property taxes in Chicago pay to graduate (maybe 50%) uneducated students.
The ones that fail to graduate are also, mostly, uneducated.
Sounds like you need to pay a little bit more... bump those numbers up!

They could use the extra money to import better students and deport the failures.
That’s not an idea that I’d support. Education and resources are not just for the “best” they are actually extremely important to lift up the so called “failures” and keep them out of crime and poverty

By the time you graduate, it'll be time for you to retire.

But that doesn't matter. Maybe I won't retire...

Anyways, it's not a free for all, there would still be an entrance exam to only take the top candidates, not everyone who applies.

Oh, that's how it'll work? Can you point me to the list of criteria that's been publicized about how this will all work?

But, aside from that, your comment is a bit ignorant, as it seems to suggest that someone in their 50's couldn't pass a college entrance exam...

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I never received a bill

Yup.

Scroll up

Did you really not understand what he meant by free? Students don’t pay tuition to go. Why did I need to explain that to you? Slap yourself in the face and turn your brain on please.

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I never received a bill

Yup.

Scroll up

Did you really not understand what he meant by free? Students don’t pay tuition to go. Why did I need to explain that to you? Slap yourself in the face and turn your brain on please.

Did you really not understand what he meant by free?

I understand he was lying. It's not free.

Anyways, it's not a free for all, there would still be an entrance exam to only take the top candidates, not everyone who applies.

Oh, that's how it'll work? Can you point me to the list of criteria that's been publicized about how this will all work?

But, aside from that, your comment is a bit ignorant, as it seems to suggest that someone in their 50's couldn't pass a college entrance exam...
Not someone in their 50s, you. You thought that it would be free for anyone who wants to go, lol.

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I never received a bill

Yup.

Scroll up

The answer then is No you did not understand what he meant. I explained it for you so you’re welcome.

Not someone in their 50s, you. You thought that it would be free for anyone who wants to go, lol.

Well, dipshit, I'm 58 and have two Master's degrees, so go eat a dick...

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I never received a bill

Yup.

Scroll up

The answer then is No you did not understand what he meant. I explained it for you so you’re welcome.

I agree, tax-payer funded doesn't mean free. You're welcome.

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I never received a bill

Yup.

Scroll up

I’ll say it again, he was talking about tuition. It was very obvious. If you wanted to make the point that there are still costs associated that are paid through taxation then just make that point. Don’t play dumb and ask rhetorical questions

K-12 is free

I never received a bill

I never received a bill

Yup.

Scroll up

I’ll say it again, he was talking about tuition. It was very obvious. If you wanted to make the point that there are still costs associated that are paid through taxation then just make that point. Don’t play dumb and ask rhetorical questions

I’ll say it again, he was talking about tuition.

Thanks for clarifying his claim.

Forum List

Back