Free Adware

Looking for a good free virus remover.
Adaware is about the best free one, I ever used, but I went with Norton to protect this system. If ad-ware and cookies are the problem, change your browser to Firefox and start closing out with Ccleaner, religiously. They are free and effective.

I've never cuaght a virus since my DOS 3.3 days, so I have no idea. I just disable anything to do with 'automatic updates' and the like and do it manually. use Ublock and add to it as needed, and use Firefox and tweak the settings. I tried CC Cleaner and that free Malware thing but it doesn't do anything Firefox doesn't so I removed those. I may try a different browser for fun but so far been too lazy to bother.

Looking for a good free virus remover.
"free" and "good" seldom go together. many will offer free "base" services but if you want live protection and advanced features, you're gonna pay.

malwarebytes is good
spybot search and destroy is good and i believe donation based

if on windows, use defender.

Adaware is about the best free one, I ever used, but I went with Norton to protect this system. If ad-ware and cookies are the problem, change your browser to Firefox and start closing out with Ccleaner, religiously. They are free and effective.
If you're using CCleaner version 5.47 or later than you're okay but ONLY if you've gone into settings and tweaked it so they don't track you. Otherwise don't use CCleaner, besides the primary function it served is no longer needed with modern operating systems. I ditched CCleaner a number of years back.

If you're using CCleaner version 5.47 or later than you're okay but ONLY if you've gone into settings and tweaked it so they don't track you. Otherwise don't use CCleaner, besides the primary function it served is no longer needed with modern operating systems. I ditched CCleaner a number of years back.

Yes, I didn't see anything it did that my browser could do better, outside of the handy window shell.

Hello, if someone has windows 7, I used to use Caspersky, but now I have windows 10 and I use a normal antivirus from windows that he has and is good where I enter, it throws me out immediately and writes that the virus is the best antivirus in my opinion

I've never cuaght a virus since my DOS 3.3 days, so I have no idea. I just disable anything to do with 'automatic updates' and the like and do it manually. use Ublock and add to it as needed, and use Firefox and tweak the settings. I tried CC Cleaner and that free Malware thing but it doesn't do anything Firefox doesn't so I removed those. I may try a different browser for fun but so far been too lazy to bother.

Today -- it's not so much viruses, although if you DO -- they are much WORSE than 15 years ago.. It's SPYWARE and Ad services and EVEN YOUR OPERATING system/browser spying on you.. And it slows things down and they make you work for THEM.

So ads are pesky.. But getting to SPYWARE that these advertisers put on your machines is a bigger issue.. Get a "spyware" kit as well.. I suggest "SpyHunter".. It seems to be thorough and light on the time to scan and resolve issues.

Which reminds me. Haven't let run in MONTHS.. Be back later.. LOL.. :scared1:

Today -- it's not so much viruses, although if you DO -- they are much WORSE than 15 years ago.. It's SPYWARE and Ad services and EVEN YOUR OPERATING system/browser spying on you.. And it slows things down and they make you work for THEM.

So ads are pesky.. But getting to SPYWARE that these advertisers put on your machines is a bigger issue.. Get a "spyware" kit as well.. I suggest "SpyHunter".. It seems to be thorough and light on the time to scan and resolve issues.

Which reminds me. Haven't let run in MONTHS.. Be back later.. LOL.. :scared1:

I don't do anything on this box that would interest anybody, and I certainly never do buying and selling on this thing. When I do buy something I just get a gift card that covers the amount I need and use that. I don't like the idea of giving utilities or anybody else my bank info and access to my checking accounts, and people who do are nuts as far as I'm concerned. I won't even use a debit card at a store, I pay by cash. I know that isn't 100% foolproof but it flies under the radars of a lot of script kiddies and criminal enterprises nonetheless, having a small footprint.

Once every couple of years people should also pay a PI service to investigate themselves and see what turns up; you might be surprised at who has been sniffing around your info and accounts. If you have any assets worth protecting it's well worth the money, and you can nip a lot of stuff in the bud before it blindsides you.

Forum List

Back