Fox News Reportedly Insisted Seven-Figure Seth Rich Settlement Be Kept Secret Until After Election

So FOX settled for its lies about Seth Rich---not the only ones right?

Fox News Reportedly Insisted Seven-Figure Seth Rich Settlement Be Kept Secret Until After Election
Fox News had a very unique mandate attached to their settlement with the parents of murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich, Joel Rich and Mary Rich, stemming from their lawsuit against the cable news network: the seven-figure settlement amount would stay a secret until after the presidential election.

The revelations came Sunday night in a column from The New York Times media columnist Ben Smith.

The lawsuit from the Rich family came after Fox News fueled the conspiracy theory that Seth Rich, a DNC staffer police believe was killed in a botched robbery, was actually assassinated because he sent DNC emails to Wikileaks. The baseless theory was pushed by supporters of President Donald Trump in a bid to absolve Russia in the DNC hack.
“Fox’s decision to settle with the Rich family came just before its marquee hosts, Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity, were set to be questioned under oath in the case, a potentially embarrassing moment. And Fox paid so much that the network didn’t have to apologize for the May 2017 story on FoxNews.com,” Smith reported.
Smith then added in his column that Fox “insisted” on the settlement coming after Election Day.

“But there was one curious provision that Fox insisted on: The settlement had to be kept secret for a month — until after the Nov. 3 election. The exhausted plaintiffs agreed,” Smith noted.

Smith sent the following questions to Fox regarding the timing of the settlement:

Why did Fox care about keeping the Rich settlement secret for the final month of the Trump re-election campaign? Why was it important to the company, which calls itself a news organization, that one of the biggest lies of the Trump era remain unresolved for that period? Was Fox afraid that admitting it was wrong would incite the president’s wrath? Did network executives fear backlash from their increasingly radicalized audience, which has been gravitating to other conservative outlets?
Both Fox News and their lawyer Joe Terry “declined to answer” the Times’ questions on the matter, Smith said.
Baseless?

The emails weren't hacked they were LEAKED---------from the inside
Seth Rich had the access and knowledge
Seth Rich was a Bernie Bro not Hilliary supporter
Seth Rich was assassinated --shot in the back--and nothing was stolen
Assange pretty much said it was Seth Rich immediately after the hit--then quickly shut up
Just a few hours earlier---just a few blocks away--------an FBI agent claimed that his gun, silencer etc were stolen from his vehicle.
Hope you have a better lawyer than Fox and 7 figures moron. I’m forwarding this to the Rich family.
Seriously?

:laughing0301:

Forward away, dumb fuck.

Add me to it. SETH RICH WAS ASSASSINATED!!!

Last edited:
I think you are incorrect...again.
Prove your assertion...and prove Assange does not lie.

Proof is on you smegle. Assange has a 100% perfect record on his releases, NOTHING has ever been disputed or proven wrong. It's out there, google it or get mommy to help you.
I did..and it appears that he has a reputation for telling the truth, at least, he thinks he is. Assange's unsupported word only buys so much.....of course, this does not prove anything about Seth Rich's murder. Even if Seth leaked..why kill him? Damage is done.

Off topic anyway...how about that delayed release? I note with amusement that not one of you conspiracy nutz have addressed that~

What about all those retractions? Fake newz, right?
you don't seem to understand how it works.

The claim is a willful disregard for the truth.

Fox ran a story on now without having all the facts. Because they couldn't get all the facts (because the FBI and DC police were hiding all the evidence) fox decided not to push the issue and paid the settlement.

That has nothing to do with the truth. It's everything to do with running a story without having the factual back up first.

Saying Bill Clinton got his dick sucked in the White House without having proof, even though it's true, it's still a willful disregard for the truth.

Seth Rich was assassinated.

Lol. Yeah. A high level D operative gets murdered with no apparent motive. Then rumors he is tied to Wikileaks. Nothing unusual here. Lol.
High level operative? Dude was not high level and calling him an operative is meaningless hyperbole. The DNC has hundreds if not thousands of employees.

The rumor he’s tied to Wikileaks was Russian disinformation to obscure their culpability in the hack.

Russia didn't do it but even if they did we should thank them for exposing the underhanded cheating of our political parties.
Russia did. Even if you don’t think it was Russia, there’s zero reason to think that Rich did it unless you’re desperately trying to avoid finding out who did.

Lol. Yeah. A high level D operative gets murdered with no apparent motive. Then rumors he is tied to Wikileaks. Nothing unusual here. Lol.
High level operative? Dude was not high level and calling him an operative is meaningless hyperbole. The DNC has hundreds if not thousands of employees.

The rumor he’s tied to Wikileaks was Russian disinformation to obscure their culpability in the hack.

Russia didn't do it but even if they did we should thank them for exposing the underhanded cheating of our political parties.
Russia did. Even if you don’t think it was Russia, there’s zero reason to think that Rich did it unless you’re desperately trying to avoid finding out who did.

If it wasn't Rich it was someone else on the inside. Assange said he did not get the info from Russia and I have no reason to doubt that.

All the same, whoever did it should be praised like I said.

Fox ran a story on now without having all the facts. Because they couldn't get all the facts (because the FBI and DC police were hiding all the evidence) fox decided not to push the issue and paid the settlement.
No. Fox News had a producer who was constructing the story, a producer who basically told the lawyer involved to say he had a source in the FBI. That source never existed because the producer told the lawyer (Wheeler I think) that she had the source. The source never existed.

The story was a fabrication. The Rich family would have won the lawsuit which actually hinged more on whether they can sue for defamation over a dead man.

Seth was high enough up to access ALL the DNC corruption and put it on a thumb-stick. He was set to testify against the DNC. Two days before Hillary convinced him to commit suicide.
I don’t know about testifying but all the details we do know about Seth and his murder rise lots of red flags. The fact that Assange indicted Seth was his source and put up a $20k reward for solving the murder, then Assange is persecuted by the elites and imprisoned should make people suspect those who win from all of this.

Partisans of the two criminal gangs see corruption in their opponent, but never by their gang. They’re fucking crazy.

If it wasn't Rich it was someone else on the inside. Assange said he did not get the info from Russia and I have no reason to doubt that.
Yes. If he did get it from Russian intelligence, I’m SURE he would have told us. It’s not like Russian intelligence ever does anything bad to people who threaten them. Nope.

Cmon man. There’s clear motive to lie on his part.

I don’t know about testifying but all the details we do know about Seth and his murder rise lots of red flags. The fact that Assange indicted Seth was his source and put up a $20k reward for solving the murder, then Assange is persecuted by the elites and imprisoned should make people suspect those who win from all of this.
Assange has pissed off the elites for decades now and the DNC emails is hardly the first instance. The DNC emails weren’t a threat to national security in the same way as Snowden or Manning’s leaks were. Honestly, I’d be surprised if it even registers on “the powers that be”.

Assange took the DNC hack from Russian intelligence. Can none of you geniuses see why he might not want to admit that?

Yes. If he did get it from Russian intelligence, I’m SURE he would have told us. It’s not like Russian intelligence ever does anything bad to people who threaten them. Nope.

Cmon man. There’s clear motive to lie on his part.

He could have simply said nothing. People most times refuse to divulge their sources.

All the same, if it was Russia good on them for exposing the corruption.

Assange has pissed off the elites for decades now and the DNC emails is hardly the first instance. The DNC emails weren’t a threat to national security in the same way as Snowden or Manning’s leaks were. Honestly, I’d be surprised if it even registers on “the powers that be”.

Assange took the DNC hack from Russian intelligence. Can none of you geniuses see why he might not want to admit that?
The fact that Assange has been unjustly persecuted and imprisoned for exposing the truth, should tell a genius like you something. Yes? No?

He could have simply said nothing. People most times refuse to divulge their sources.

He didn’t ever actually say it was Seth Rich, just talked around it. By doing so, it gave the conspiracy nutters something to sink their teeth into. Obviously this was far more effective than staying silent.

Tell me. What was the most corrupt thing we learned from the hack. Be as specific as you can.

The fact that Assange has been unjustly persecuted and imprisoned for exposing the truth, should tell a genius like you something. Yes? No?
Tells me people give him information which he publicized and it pissed off lots of people.

Assange hasn’t done himself any favors. He’s a bit delusional and not very trustworthy when it comes down to what he says publicly.

He didn’t ever actually say it was Seth Rich, just talked around it. By doing so, it gave the conspiracy nutters something to sink their teeth into. Obviously this was far more effective than staying silent.

Tell me. What was the most corrupt thing we learned from the hack. Be as specific as you can.

The DNC establishment was willing to cheat to hold onto power.

That depends on who you believe. Ellen Ratner has stated Assange told her Seth was his source. He put up a $20k reward for his killer, then was unjustly persecuted. Strange no?

Wake up.

Tells me people give him information which he publicized and it pissed off lots of people.

Assange hasn’t done himself any favors. He’s a bit delusional and not very trustworthy when it comes down to what he says publicly.
Assange is untrustworthy, but Hillary and the D Party are always honest.

LMFAO!

No. Fox News had a producer who was constructing the story, a producer who basically told the lawyer involved to say he had a source in the FBI. That source never existed because the producer told the lawyer (Wheeler I think) that she had the source. The source never existed.
Or, the source refused to come forward.

The DNC establishment was willing to cheat to hold onto power.
yes. we all saw it.

But, they weren't willing to cheat in 2020?

That depends on who you believe. Ellen Ratner has stated Assange told her Seth was his source. He put up a $20k reward for his killer, then was unjustly persecuted. Strange no?
Ellen Ratner has denied saying Assange said it was Seth.

Ed Butowsky says Ratner said that Assange said that it was Rich. So as you can see, that’s pretty much concrete proof, right?

This still depends on the honesty of Assange, which I have a LOT of doubts. As stated earlier, he has a very strong incentive to play along.

Forum List

Back