Fox News Reportedly Insisted Seven-Figure Seth Rich Settlement Be Kept Secret Until After Election

He could have simply said nothing. People most times refuse to divulge their sources.

All the same, if it was Russia good on them for exposing the corruption.
He didn’t ever actually say it was Seth Rich, just talked around it. By doing so, it gave the conspiracy nutters something to sink their teeth into. Obviously this was far more effective than staying silent.

Tell me. What was the most corrupt thing we learned from the hack. Be as specific as you can.

The DNC establishment was willing to cheat to hold onto power.
yes. we all saw it.

But, they weren't willing to cheat in 2020?

They might have. For you to have any standing here you have to be willing to argue that Republican states, Trump judges and the Supreme Court were all willing to join them.

The fact that Assange has been unjustly persecuted and imprisoned for exposing the truth, should tell a genius like you something. Yes? No?
Tells me people give him information which he publicized and it pissed off lots of people.

Assange hasn’t done himself any favors. He’s a bit delusional and not very trustworthy when it comes down to what he says publicly.
Assange is untrustworthy, but Hillary and the D Party are always honest.

LMFAO!
False dilemma. I don’t need to believe a word out of Clinton or the DNC to know that Rich had nothing to do with the hack.

The fact that Assange has been unjustly persecuted and imprisoned for exposing the truth, should tell a genius like you something. Yes? No?
Tells me people give him information which he publicized and it pissed off lots of people.

Assange hasn’t done himself any favors. He’s a bit delusional and not very trustworthy when it comes down to what he says publicly.

LMFAO!
False dilemma. I don’t need to believe a word out of Clinton or the DNC to know that Rich had nothing to do with the hack.

LMFAO!
you’re missing the forest for the trees. Way too many unusual circumstances surrounding Rich’s death to think it was just some deranged killer, who murdered him by happenstance and took nothing off his body.

The response by the msm and the horrendous treatment of Assange, further the possibility of hidden motives. The inability and unwillingness by the DC police to investigate behind superficial efforts, calling it a robbery initially even though he wasn’t robbed, further indicates something’s up.

you’re missing the forest for the trees. Way too many unusual circumstances surrounding Rich’s death to think it was just some deranged killer, who murdered him by happenstance and took nothing off his body.
Go ahead and list the unusual circumstances.

What makes it less unusual is that there has been a string of armed robberies in the area. Rich had been drinking and put up a fight. He was shot in the back and left to die. Robbers that kill someone don’t always take anything because that would connect them to the murder. Sometimes they just run. The DC Police who know the area and who have experience know this. I don’t think you have any actual insight into what the DC police did or didn’t do to investigate it, but say it was a superficial investigation just because it helps you feel better.

Seth Rich was still alive when the police arrived, he had been shot in the torso. Tell me, do you think assassins often leave their victims alive?

Go ahead and list the unusual circumstances.

What makes it less unusual is that there has been a string of armed robberies in the area. Rich had been drinking and put up a fight. He was shot in the back and left to die. Robbers that kill someone don’t always take anything because that would connect them to the murder. Sometimes they just run. The DC Police who know the area and who have experience know this. I don’t think you have any actual insight into what the DC police did or didn’t do to investigate it, but say it was a superficial investigation just because it helps you feel better.

Seth Rich was still alive when the police arrived, he had been shot in the torso. Tell me, do you think assassins often leave their victims alive?
Oh brother. Now your being obtuse. The unusual circumstances should be shouting at you. I’ve listed some of them in earlier posts. Bye.

Oh brother. Now your being obtuse. The unusual circumstances should be shouting at you. I’ve listed some of them in earlier posts. Bye.
These “unusual circumstances” are based on falsehoods.

Unsolved murder in DC is not unusual.
A robbery gone bad with a murder and nothing stolen is not unusual.
Seth Rich was not some high level DNC operative.
Seth Rich was not a network administrator and had no special access.
Seth Rich was not a hacker.

There is no evidence that he had anything to do with it. The dates don’t even line up. Rich died about a week before Assange received the files.

So FOX settled for its lies about Seth Rich---not the only ones right?

Fox News Reportedly Insisted Seven-Figure Seth Rich Settlement Be Kept Secret Until After Election
Fox News had a very unique mandate attached to their settlement with the parents of murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich, Joel Rich and Mary Rich, stemming from their lawsuit against the cable news network: the seven-figure settlement amount would stay a secret until after the presidential election.

The revelations came Sunday night in a column from The New York Times media columnist Ben Smith.

The lawsuit from the Rich family came after Fox News fueled the conspiracy theory that Seth Rich, a DNC staffer police believe was killed in a botched robbery, was actually assassinated because he sent DNC emails to Wikileaks. The baseless theory was pushed by supporters of President Donald Trump in a bid to absolve Russia in the DNC hack.
“Fox’s decision to settle with the Rich family came just before its marquee hosts, Lou Dobbs and Sean Hannity, were set to be questioned under oath in the case, a potentially embarrassing moment. And Fox paid so much that the network didn’t have to apologize for the May 2017 story on FoxNews.com,” Smith reported.
Smith then added in his column that Fox “insisted” on the settlement coming after Election Day.

“But there was one curious provision that Fox insisted on: The settlement had to be kept secret for a month — until after the Nov. 3 election. The exhausted plaintiffs agreed,” Smith noted.

Smith sent the following questions to Fox regarding the timing of the settlement:

Why did Fox care about keeping the Rich settlement secret for the final month of the Trump re-election campaign? Why was it important to the company, which calls itself a news organization, that one of the biggest lies of the Trump era remain unresolved for that period? Was Fox afraid that admitting it was wrong would incite the president’s wrath? Did network executives fear backlash from their increasingly radicalized audience, which has been gravitating to other conservative outlets?
Both Fox News and their lawyer Joe Terry “declined to answer” the Times’ questions on the matter, Smith said.
Just watch as right-wing media & its numbnuts like the pillow guy & Kraken lady settle with Domino.

These lawsuits and multimillion dollar settlements will be the cure to the sack of shit right-wing media. These lawsuits and threats of law suits will hopefully halt their lies. We need to put these companies all out of business. They spread misinformation and lies and destroy families and companies. They need to be hounded and put out of business. All because too many conservatives are too indoctrinated or weak minded to distinguish fact from fiction.
Please do not use a free speech forum to threaten political opposition. Maybe that follows your belief that sociocommunism should be everybody's choice. Seems to me you'd prefer anyone who disagrees with your pov should have to pay you a fee for saying what someone thinks. Surely you Democrats do not want to destroy free and open debate do you?

Forum List

Back