FOX News: Duck Dynasty To Be Cancelled?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Did the conservative rednecks quit watching because of Phil's comments?

Is there a 'Duck Dynasty' replacement series in the works? | Fox News

Is “Duck Dynasty” going to be sent quacking?

FOX411 has learned that execs at the A&E cable network are shopping for a new reality show starring “Christian talent” to follow the success of “Duck Dynasty,” a reality series about a family of religious bearded duck call manufactures.

While still wildly popular, viewership is down for the fifth season of “Duck Dynasty,” with ratings falling to its lowest point since 2012. The show has lost almost 2 million viewers week to week, with just 6.65 million tuning in to watch the most-recent, Jan. 22, episode.

In contrast, nearly 12 million viewers tuned in to see patriarch Phil Robertson and Miss Kay renew their wedding vows during the fourth season premiere.

Last month, Phil stirred up a scandal when GQ magazine published an interview with the patriarch, in which he made controversial statements about homosexuality and African-Americans. The remarks prompted A&E to put Robertson on a brief hiatus.

“I would suspect that many people felt that some of the comments that were made by Mr. Robertson were hurtful to other people in one way or another, and that they didn’t have an interest in pursuing that kind of hurtful exchange,” Joyce S. Dubenksy, of the Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding, said of the “Duck Dynasty” ratings decline.

Or maybe people are boycotting A&E because of the debacle of firing a man for expressing his own opinion off the show, simply because that opinion doesn't conform to the progressive agenda.

Does it occur to people that real Christians, good Christians, who seem to be the backbone of the viewership, do not want to watch entertainers who say nasty things about gays, or blacks or anyone else? Isn't the bottom line in Christian ethics that we are all God's children? We are none of us better than the other? And that good Christians are kind and loving, and accepting, toward their fellow men and women? Maybe, throughout the nation, most good Christians don't like the ignorant, narrow minded, hatefilled attitude toward people who are not like them. Maybe they are true Christians who have a loving, peaceful, accepting view of all of mankind, though they may be different.

Last edited:

FOX411 has learned that execs at the A&E cable network are shopping for a new reality show starring “Christian talent” to follow the success of “Duck Dynasty,” a reality series about a family of religious bearded duck call manufactures.

While still wildly popular, viewership is down for the fifth season of “Duck Dynasty,” with ratings falling to its lowest point since 2012. The show has lost almost 2 million viewers week to week, with just 6.65 million tuning in to watch the most-recent, Jan. 22, episode.

In contrast, nearly 12 million viewers tuned in to see patriarch Phil Robertson and Miss Kay renew their wedding vows during the fourth season premiere.

Last month, Phil stirred up a scandal when GQ magazine published an interview with the patriarch, in which he made controversial statements about homosexuality and African-Americans. The remarks prompted A&E to put Robertson on a brief hiatus.

“I would suspect that many people felt that some of the comments that were made by Mr. Robertson were hurtful to other people in one way or another, and that they didn’t have an interest in pursuing that kind of hurtful exchange,” Joyce S. Dubenksy, of the Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding, said of the “Duck Dynasty” ratings decline.

It's hilarious that some people regard quoting Romans chapter 1 and asserting that there were some happy black people during segregation as controversial because leftwing retards cant fit them into their narrow minded Identity Politics ideology.

lol

Umm not happening.

Eventually the will cancel the series no matter how good the numbers. Most shows seem to target a five year run, and this last bullshit 'controversy' rubbed a lot of nerves raw, no doubt.

It's plausible it might get cancelled, but my guess is it will be more a Robertson family initiative due to losing trust in AE execs.

Does it occur to people that real Christians, good Christians, who seem to be the backbone of the viewership, do not want to watch entertainers who say nasty things about gays, or blacks or anyone else?

So quoting the Bible Romans chapter 1 and saying some blacks in the South were happy during Jim Crow is 'stating nasty things'?

You are an idiot.

Does it occur to people that real Christians, good Christians, who seem to be the backbone of the viewership, do not want to watch entertainers who say nasty things about gays, or blacks or anyone else?

So quoting the Bible Romans chapter 1 and saying some blacks in the South were happy during Jim Crow is 'stating nasty things'?

You are an idiot.

How does he know what blacks felt under Jim Crow or any other time? How does he presume to speak for black people?

Calling people names only reflects on your limitations, not mine.

People who can only see and understand things in literal terms are the ones with the limitations. To take what he said literally and ignore the connotations and subtext is showing intellectual limitation.

Most often, what is said has connotations and different levels of meaning. His statement suggests that blacks were happy in the oppressive state of Jim Crow because they are somehow lower or less than others. That statement would have to suggest or have connotations reflecting that meaning: to say people are happy being second class citizens, being shut out of the larger American society, says they are people who are not good enough or smart enough to be treated with as much respect as everyone else, so it is an offensive, insulting thing to say and clearly expresses racism.

Do you really think God and Jesus want you to put down other human beings and think yourselves their superior? Humility is a major tenet of Christianity. Where is his? Where is yours?

Last edited:
Umm not happening.

Eventually the will cancel the series no matter how good the numbers. Most shows seem to target a five year run, and this last bullshit 'controversy' rubbed a lot of nerves raw, no doubt.

It's plausible it might get cancelled, but my guess is it will be more a Robertson family initiative due to losing trust in AE execs.

Yes everything get cancelled eventually. It's called tv. That has nothing to do with the thread.

The rednecks are probably pissed because they realize that the Duck Dynasty cast aren't real rednecks.

fake-dynasty.jpg

You are an idiot.

How does he know what blacks felt under Jim Crow or any other time? How does he presume to speak for black people?

He was talking about the blacks he had worked with during that time, idiot.

No, honestly, you are an idiot.

People who can only see and understand things in literal terms are the ones with the limitations. To take what he said literally and ignore the connotations and subtext is showing intellectual limitation.

No, that is a case of idiotlogues like you putting words into peoples mouths because you are too stupid to understand the world around without your idiotlogue filters engaged.

The guy was just telling it like he saw it and did not say a damned thing that was not true, a quality about things you idiotlogues have no use for.

Most often, what is said has connotations and different levels of meaning.

No, that is NOT true. It may be true for idiotlogues like you Identity Politics racist buffoons, but not the general population. And so you put words in their mouths then crucify them for it. Just like the fascists did to people back in the '30s.

His statement suggests that blacks were happy in the oppressive state of Jim Crow because they are somehow lower or less than others.

Bullshit, he was asserting that people, to include poor whites like he was, can be happy REGARDLESS of their physical circumstances, which is heresy to Identity Politics. No, for Identity Politics one single person cant be happy unless the ideologues say they are, lol.

That statement would have to suggest or have connotations reflecting that meaning: to say people are happy being second class citizens, being shut out of the larger American society, says they are people who are not good enough or smart enough to be treated with as much respect as everyone else, so it is an offensive, insulting thing to say and clearly expresses racism.

That statement is ludicrous bullshit. A person can be happy without the right to vote, without being accepted in broader society. People have been able to be happy despite horrid circumstances throughout human history, despite not having your ideology to allow them to think they were.

Do you really think God and Jesus want you to put down other human beings and think yourselves their superior? Humility is a major tenet of Christianity. Where is his? Where is yours?

Lol, where is yours?

Robertson gave an opinion and you want to strip him of his livelihood because of it and he didn't say anything remotely close to what your lies claim.

You have no humility or regard for Truth. It's all just rhetorical gymnastics to idiotlogues like you.

Umm not happening.

Yes everything get cancelled eventually. It's called tv. That has nothing to do with the thread.

The thread is about the cancelation of Duck Dynasty, and that is what my comment was about.

The thread you think you are in is apparently elsewhere.

The rednecks are probably pissed because they realize that the Duck Dynasty cast aren't real rednecks.

fake-dynasty.jpg

Dude, you have no idea what a redneck is. There are plenty of suits on wall street that are still redneck as hell but they subdue it till they get home.

lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe people are boycotting A&E because of the debacle of firing a man for expressing his own opinion off the show, simply because that opinion doesn't conform to the progressive agenda.

So they are protesting A&E by not watching the show that they like?

really? that's what you are going with.

The "We only Play Rednecks on TV" family have jumped the shark.

jump_the_shark.png

You are an idiot.

Most often, what is said has connotations and different levels of meaning. His statement suggests that blacks were happy in the oppressive state of Jim Crow because they are somehow lower or less than others. That statement would have to suggest or have connotations reflecting that meaning: to say people are happy being second class citizens, being shut out of the larger American society, says they are people who are not good enough or smart enough to be treated with as much respect as everyone else, so it is an offensive, insulting thing to say and clearly expresses racism.

my gawd, don't watch the show it has your panties that bunched up
and you presume everyone thinks like you do about what he said, wrong
good grief the obsessing over some reality show

You are an idiot.

I don't watch that show. For one thing, where I live, I don't get A&E. But I would never watch such crap anyway. I don't need to have watched the Duck Dynasty program to post on this topic. The topic is about why it is being cancelled, which appears to be because viewership is down. My posts have only to do with that issue. Again, people who can only think in literal terms..... It is thinking in the most literal terms to think this conversation is only about the value or lack of value of that program. It is about why any TV program gets cancelled.

I don't watch that show. For one thing, where I live, I don't get A&E. But I would never watch such crap anyway.

Ah, Miss Smartypants libtard is too good to watch a family oriented show. I guess if wanyone put some sex parties and heroin shooting galleries in it then she'd watch, lol.

I don't need to have watched the Duck Dynasty program to post on this topic.

You don't need anything apparently to include facts, reason or relevance.

You're just a flaming idiot.

The thread is about the cancelation of Duck Dynasty, and that is what my comment was about.

And the show is not about to be cancelled.

And the show is not about to be cancelled.

In your opinion, which still does not change the topic of the thread nor what I said in relation to it, Einstein, lol.

Forum List

Back