Fox News and other outlets: Zero evidence tossed in Trump fraud case so far due to statute of limitations, debunking Trump’s claim

Conservative from Georgia

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2018
Fox News reports that the judge is poised to hear arguments on 2011 evidence presented by Letitia James’ team today (Tuesday), debunking a message board- circulated hoax claiming that “80% of the case was tossed”. The true percentage is zero.
Fox News (10-3-2023)

Judge Arthur Engoron, who is presiding over the non-jury civil trial, said the questioning was a "waste of time" unless James' office could tie it back to something within the statute of limitations--something James' office promised to do Tuesday.

Trump's defense team has objected to prosecutors entering evidence from prior to 2015 due to the statute of limitations. Engoron has said he will continue to allow that evidence to be presented so long as it can be connected to something within the limitations.

More:

Last edited:
Fox News reports that the judge is poised to hear arguments on 2011 evidence presented by Letitia James’ team today (Tuesday), debunking a message board- circulated hoax claiming that “80% of the case was tossed”. The true percentage is zero.
Fox News (10-3-2023)

More:
Of course. They will believe anything, as long as it makes them "feel" good.

The entire meaning was screwed up by the OP's *careless effort.

He's means 'statute', not 'status'.

*of which there is far too much lately.

From the site

[Trump] reiterated his claim that Judge Arthur Engoron handed down an earlier fraud ruling based on false information from James. He called for Engoron to reverse his previous decision, saying that no fraud had taken place and there were no victims of any crime.

Assuming Trump is correct (and it is highly doubtful he would deliberately insist on an untruth), this is highly ironic. He is defending himself against fraud charges, yet it looks like is OK for the judge to perpetrate a fraud... :banghead:

Fox News (10-3-2023)

More:
You got him now! That wascally Orange Man!

We'll see what today brings, it's very pivotal.

Personally I think this is a non-case and these corrupt people are trying to ruin Trump by going after

his businesses and homes with no good reason to.

They could do what they're doing to him to any business in NY.

Just to show the extent of the left wing MSM lying and the court’s corruption. From the article linked above.

The Attorney General filed this case under a consumer protection statute that denies the right to a jury. There was never an option to choose a jury trial. It is unfortunate that a jury won't be able to hear how absurd the merits of this case are and conclude no wrongdoing ever happened," the spokesperson said.

Trump attorney Alina Habba complained Tuesday mornign about reports in the media that Trump's team had not requested a jury trial. Some commentators had alleged that Habba and Trump's other attorneys had simply forgotten to :"check a box" requesting such a trial.

"They brought this under a consumer fraud statute. It has never been used in this way for a reason, because this judge who oversaw the special proceeding has given them everything they wanted, effectively for years. They wanted to keep it in this division as opposed to the commercial division where we would have had a normal judge. So no, everyone, I didn't forget to check a box," Habba told Fox & Friends on Tuesday morning.

Fox News (10-3-2023)

More:
All the MAGAt morons are repeating it.

Personally I think this is a non-case and these corrupt people are trying to ruin Trump by going after

How many summery judgements so far?

How many findings that he's a sexual abuser and has defamed his victim?

How many criminal indictments so far?

Just to show the extent of the left wing MSM lying and the court’s corruption. From the article linked above.

The Attorney General filed this case under a consumer protection statute that denies the right to a jury. There was never an option to choose a jury trial. It is unfortunate that a jury won't be able to hear how absurd the merits of this case are and conclude no wrongdoing ever happened," the spokesperson said.

Trump attorney Alina Habba complained Tuesday mornign about reports in the media that Trump's team had not requested a jury trial. Some commentators had alleged that Habba and Trump's other attorneys had simply forgotten to :"check a box" requesting such a trial.

"They brought this under a consumer fraud statute. It has never been used in this way for a reason, because this judge who oversaw the special proceeding has given them everything they wanted, effectively for years. They wanted to keep it in this division as opposed to the commercial division where we would have had a normal judge. So no, everyone, I didn't forget to check a box," Habba told Fox & Friends on Tuesday morning.

That last paragraph reads like some whiney victim shit. That dumb bitch didn't check a box and no amount of crying about the judge will change that.

😄

Fox News (10-3-2023)

More:
This isn't a jury trial. And from what I understand, the evidence is so obvious that the judge is already ready to rule. Trump is guilty.

If you got a loan for $100,000 because you said your 5000 square foot home was worth $500,000, and it turns out your home is only 2000 square feet and only worth $200,000, you are guilty. What argument can you make?

The judges aren't as dumb as you Republicans who believe every excuse Trump gives. Like when Trump got caught on tape waving top secret documents to guests at his club saying "I'm not even suppose to have these documents". No you don't get to say he wasn't really waving top secret documents. No it wasn't just locker talk when he told Billy Bush he grabs women's pussies without permission. No judge is going to believe Trump "was just kidding"

People who get caught on tape admitting to murder go to jail for murder.

Last edited:
Fox News (10-3-2023)

More:
Does that news get you all excited Dimbot from Dunwoody?? Just remember everytime you start foaming at the mouth Trump's ratings go up another 5 points.

Does that news get you all excited Dimbot from Dunwoody?? Just remember everytime you start foaming at the mouth Trump's ratings go up another 5 points.
Just remember, Trump barely won 2016. He barely won 5 swing states. States he would have lost if they knew his Supreme Court picks were going to overturn Roe V Wade.

Now you think you're going to win those 5 swing states next year? Not a chance. Even if Biden dies

1696354558503.png

It’s not about getting Trump. It’s about you making stuff up online.

Fox News (10-3-2023)

More:
Your second link is the clearest I've seen.

""Every use of a [false] statement of financial condition in business starts the statute of limitations running again," Engoron said on Tuesday morning."

Although, it may not be entirely clear until the judge issues is decision, and we find out for what years Trump will be fined for fraud.

Legally, though, I don't think it will be complex (though I'm wrong a lot, ask my wife) All civil crimes are pretty similar in this. Suppose I'm charged with discharging polution into my local river. There's a five year statute of limitations. And I say "Judge I started polluting in 2016, they can't charge me now cause it's been 7 years."

Judge says, "yeah and you're getting fined for two years of polluting cause you just admitted it, LOSER" LOL

You do not "toss" evidence. You dismiss claims. The judge may not have signed an order dismissing claims. The judge may not sign such an order. But he cannot consider claims for matters arising beyond the SOL.

No it's a real case. He really said his gold plated apartment was twice as big and worth twice as much as it actually is. And that's illegal. He broke the law. Again. How many times can he break the law because Biden MIGHT have broken the law? Or because Hillary used her private email to do official business?

They can't all be witch hunts. They can't all be lying about Trump

This case is different. This one is going to ruin him financially. That's okay though because the Saudi's gave him and Jared $2 billion dollars.

Fox News (10-3-2023)

More:
Actually, Ivanka Trump would be on trial alongside her crooked brothers and father except for the fact the statute of limitations has expired on her crimes.

Forum List

Back