FOX Fires Liberal Hack Bob Beckell for Racist Comments

Making a racist comment is no reason to be fired. There is Freedom of Speech here in the US. Nobody should have to fear losing one's job over it. What's wrong with diversity?

I know he was sick and all that....

but I don't like Bob Beckel

I wish him well but I don't like him

No, but a progressive can. And beckel was a hard core progressive. And an asshole.

Reeeally. "Progressive" huh? Damn he looks good for a centenarian.

Racism isn't a political trait anyway, even where it does exist. It's a social construct. Amazing after centuries dealing with racism there still walk among us those ignorami who don't know that. No racist anywhere has ever needed a political slant, background or affiliation in order to become a racist.

Progressivism is a disease. thus it has no age limit silly boy. The progressives of today, are the same as the progressives of old. Just a little more subtle in how they operate. Though watching the wholesale craziness of the progressives and their batshit antics as regards trump, I think they will be ever more obvious as the year drags on.

Leaving aside your dearth of political science background (let alone linear time), the fatter point stands untouched ---- i.e. that racism is not a political trait. That nobody ever needed a political party to be a racist. Which actually brings us right back to that dearth of political science.

Ahhhh, but racism is a political trait. So is anti religionism, and other forms of hatred. Political animals need enemies. Thus they will find something to dehumanize the object of their ire. Take the progressives here as a for instance, they call trump the "orange one". A subtle form of racism. So, your dearth of political knowledge is well established, and on full display here.

First off, "orange" is in no way a "race" you moron. A race is a biological trait one is born with, beyond one's control. "Orange" on the other hand has to be painted on, deliberately. You start out with a standard race --- then you paint it orange. That's why I can say Orange people are inferior --- because he had the free choice to not be Orange (or green or purple) ----- and deliberately chooses to be orange. That's fucked up.

Now, if your point is that makes Rump a racist for altering his own skin color --- I'm not sure I have enough to concur, but by all means go ahead, develop your point.

So aaaah but racism is NOT a political trait. It's a social structure that, however falsely, dictates a lower tier for some race(s). There's nothing political in that. You don't mandate racism; you can't pass a law that henceforth ye shall be racists. DOES NOT work that way. Racists are bred from young age, long before the carrier of the disease becomes political --- if he or she ever becomes political at all. It's simply not required to be a racist, in any way shape or form. There are uncountable racists about who are a member of no political party, who don't even vote.

Again NOBODY ANYWHERE ever needed a political party or a politician to steer them into racism. That's done by their parents, their peers and their social circle.

Now, given that racists already exist, it is possible for a political party --- or any number of other entities --- to exploit them by pandering to their racism. The Fox Noise channel is a ready example of the latter. But the racism itself had to be pre-existing in order for that political party or that terrorist group or that media outlet to exploit it.

It's called "dehumanizing" silly girl. An essential part of the progressives playbook. Do try and keep up.

It was an excuse. He had just gotten too obnoxious.
A few weeks ago Beckel made the pronouncement that Trump wouldn't last in office a year.
I said to those present: "It's Beckel that won't last a year".
Go back to your single-wide trailer and OD Bob.
You're a waste of oxygen.

Racism isn't a political trait anyway, even where it does exist. It's a social construct. Amazing after centuries dealing with racism there still walk among us those ignorami who don't know that. No racist anywhere has ever needed a political slant, background or affiliation in order to become a racist.

Progressivism is a disease. thus it has no age limit silly boy. The progressives of today, are the same as the progressives of old. Just a little more subtle in how they operate. Though watching the wholesale craziness of the progressives and their batshit antics as regards trump, I think they will be ever more obvious as the year drags on.

Leaving aside your dearth of political science background (let alone linear time), the fatter point stands untouched ---- i.e. that racism is not a political trait. That nobody ever needed a political party to be a racist. Which actually brings us right back to that dearth of political science.

Ahhhh, but racism is a political trait. So is anti religionism, and other forms of hatred. Political animals need enemies. Thus they will find something to dehumanize the object of their ire. Take the progressives here as a for instance, they call trump the "orange one". A subtle form of racism. So, your dearth of political knowledge is well established, and on full display here.

First off, "orange" is in no way a "race" you moron. A race is a biological trait one is born with, beyond one's control. "Orange" on the other hand has to be painted on, deliberately. You start out with a standard race --- then you paint it orange. That's why I can say Orange people are inferior --- because he had the free choice to not be Orange (or green or purple) ----- and deliberately chooses to be orange. That's fucked up.

Now, if your point is that makes Rump a racist for altering his own skin color --- I'm not sure I have enough to concur, but by all means go ahead, develop your point.

So aaaah but racism is NOT a political trait. It's a social structure that, however falsely, dictates a lower tier for some race(s). There's nothing political in that. You don't mandate racism; you can't pass a law that henceforth ye shall be racists. DOES NOT work that way. Racists are bred from young age, long before the carrier of the disease becomes political --- if he or she ever becomes political at all. It's simply not required to be a racist, in any way shape or form. There are uncountable racists about who are a member of no political party, who don't even vote.

Again NOBODY ANYWHERE ever needed a political party or a politician to steer them into racism. That's done by their parents, their peers and their social circle.

Now, given that racists already exist, it is possible for a political party --- or any number of other entities --- to exploit them by pandering to their racism. The Fox Noise channel is a ready example of the latter. But the racism itself had to be pre-existing in order for that political party or that terrorist group or that media outlet to exploit it.

It's called "dehumanizing" silly girl. An essential part of the progressives playbook. Do try and keep up.

Sorry, I have no books that are quite that old, but I do appreciate the irony of pairing "Progressives" with "try to keep up". :rofl:

The point stands: Racism is a social/class construct, not the product of politics. The dehumanization factor that came with the transAtlantic slave process five hundred years ago did so long long LONG before there were any political parties present on either end.

Sorry, I have no books that are quite that old, but I do appreciate the irony of pairing "Progressives" with "try to keep up". :rofl:

The point stands: Racism is a social/class construct, not the product of politics. The dehumanization factor that came with the transAtlantic slave process five hundred years ago did so long long LONG before there were any political parties present on either end.

Oh, aren't you the obtuse one. Progressivism is another name for authoritarian REGRESSIVISM. Silly boy. Take a look at a single progressive platform and show us how it is not about giving more power to government. Go ahead silly one, and do try and keep up.

Can a liberal be a racist? That's pretty weird.

Consider the source. Hollywood entertainment rag (< redundant) that doesn't quote the comment and relays a thirdhand account. I'd wait for actual evidence.

And of course the OP just opens wide and ass-umes accuracy.... :rolleyes:
I googled it before I entered the thread. WaPo had picked it up, so I guessed it was valid.

No, but a progressive can. And beckel was a hard core progressive. And an asshole.

and yet one side is always called racist......wonder why? :D

I agree with your thoughtful reply, but it is still hard for me to imagine a racist feeling comfortable among those on the left, these days anyway. You would have to hide those feelings really well in order not to be lectured, argued with and eventually shunned.
I'm not a racist or at least I try not to be. We all "group" together others in our mind. Everyone knows what "trailer trash" is, what "DAR ladies" are, and what "surfer dudes" mean. When we attempt not to be racist, we very consciously battle that tendency to view people in stereotypical groups.
I have a feeling Beckel was either joking or misheard. I suppose he could have been a racist, but if he was, I'll bet he didn't hang around much with liberals irl.

I agree with your thoughtful reply, but it is still hard for me to imagine a racist feeling comfortable among those on the left, these days anyway. You would have to hide those feelings really well in order not to be lectured, argued with and eventually shunned.

I agree, and even less so a racist feeling comfortable among Liberals, which relationship is anathematic. As you note People will follow their preference for whatever group or movement they identify with. My point was and is to call out the Composition Fallacy that wants to associate racism with a political party. Westwall is trying to sell the snake oil that the Progressives (which he still doesn't realize belong to a century ago) somehow promulgate racism as a result of their ideology, despite the stark fact of racism having already existed for, let's say, 350 years before Progressives did. The thread title is trying to sell the same bullshit. Goes out of his way to describe the subject as "Liberal" and "racist" despite that combination being a paradox of mutual exclusives. This is an (yet another) Orwellian attempt to redefine terms.

I'm really addressing the whole canard of Association/Composition Fallacy that runs rampant on this board, articulated as "You're the party of racism", again despite linear time. One guy yesterday actually claimed to not know what a Composition Fallacy is, in the same thread he used one to build.

I think wags here are also married to the idea that a political party stands for one rigidly defined ideology, from its inception and forever forward, which is simply historical sloth. They still don't seem to get that political parties exist to consolidate power, not to fixate on an ideology, and will bend with the winds of time, and that people join or associate with a political party for many other reasons besides ideology. I can rattle off several politicians who have switched parties strictly because they read demographics and watch when they shift. The sheriff right here in this town -- ran for re-election as a Republican, after winning the office as a Democrat. Same guy. I had a GF, young Jewish female schoolteacher, who registered Republican because that's how she would get to have a voice on her town council. And of course in many states you need to register with a party in order to vote in their primaries. All sorts of reasons.

I detest blanket statements and I attack 'em whenever they pop up. It's whack-a-mole, but the whack has gotta be did.

I'm not a racist or at least I try not to be. We all "group" together others in our mind. Everyone knows what "trailer trash" is, what "DAR ladies" are, and what "surfer dudes" mean. When we attempt not to be racist, we very consciously battle that tendency to view people in stereotypical groups.
I have a feeling Beckel was either joking or misheard. I suppose he could have been a racist, but if he was, I'll bet he didn't hang around much with liberals irl.

Yeah we never did make sense of whatever he was supposed to have said. I don't know Bob Beckel and don't have a TV, and I doubt he can be classified as "Liberal" anyway simply on the basis of our unreliable source, the OP. All we have is a third party description. It's entirely possible that the story was stretched or made up in order to continue the shakeups going on at Fox Noise. So the story for me is basically irrelevant.

and yet one side is always called racist......wonder why? :D

Oh goody. Yet another blanket statement. Be still my heart.

Haven't seen one of these in --- must be ten, fifteen seconds. It takes me back. Gettin' kinda misty.

Consider the source. Hollywood entertainment rag (< redundant) that doesn't quote the comment and relays a thirdhand account. I'd wait for actual evidence.

And of course the OP just opens wide and ass-umes accuracy.... :rolleyes:
I googled it before I entered the thread. WaPo had picked it up, so I guessed it was valid.

I was referring to the OP's characterization of "Liberal racist", not the story itself, in answer to the question in your post, 'can a Liberal be a racist'.

Of course they can't. That's right up there with "cold heat" on the Oxymoron list. That's why I doubt the OP's characterization, bigly.

It was an excuse. He had just gotten too obnoxious.
A few weeks ago Beckel made the pronouncement that Trump wouldn't last in office a year.
I said to those present: "It's Beckel that won't last a year".
Go back to your single-wide trailer and OD Bob.
You're a waste of oxygen.

Instead of firing Beckel, FNC should keep him and live up to its slogan of fair and balanced and put another liberal on the panel along with him.

At one time racism was a social/class construct. Since then, race baiters such as your good friends Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, President Obama, his good friends, Rev. Jerimiah Wright, and Minister Louis Farrakhan.

It is vital for their survival that Democrats divide people by races, colors, creeds and any other way possible. This is in order to formulate a specific message to convince them they are and always will be victims if they don't bow down to them.

Racism was slowly becoming a thing of the past until petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama took office. Since then he has worked feverishly to fuel the fires of racism and even to turn those who need the police the most, against those who would protect them.

A vile, despicable plan.

Last edited:

At one time racism was a social/class construct. Since then, race baiters such as your good friends Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, President Obama, his good friends, Rev. Jerimiah Wright, and Minister Louis Farrakhan.

It is vital for their survival that Democrats divide people by races, colors, creeds and any other way possible. This is in order to formulate a specific message to convince them they are and always will be victims if they don't bow down to them.

Racism was slowly becoming a thing of the past until petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama took office. Since then he has worked feverishly to fuel the fires of racism and even to turn those who need the police the most, against those who would protect them.

A vile, despicable plan.

No, not "at one time" --- at ALL times racism was, is, and will continue to be a social/class construct. And as long as it exists there will be those who exploit it, from the slave traders to the Jim Crow lawmakers to the Klan to the Sharptons to the Fox Noises to the bloggers and internet wags here. But with the exception of the slave traders, none of them had a hand in starting it --- they just like to rub salt into the wound for profit.

Forum List

Back