Found space object proves we are not alone

the elongated dark-red object, which is 10 times as long as it is wide and traveling at speeds of 196,000 mph, might have an “artificial origin.”
198,000 mpH.
Light travels 186,000 mpSecond.

There are 3,600 seconds in an hour.

It would take this "probe" 15,480 YEARS to reach the nearest star! :auiqs.jpg:

It ain't no probe.

"While originally classified as a comet, observations revealed no signs of cometary activity after it slingshotted past the Sun on Sept. 9, 2017 at a blistering speed of 196,000 miles per hour (87.3 kilometers per second). It was briefly classified as an asteroid until new measurements found it was accelerating slightly, a sign it behaves more like a comet."

NASA first said it was a comet, but it showed no signs of cometary activity. Next, they said it was an asteroid, but then found it accelerating slightly so thought it was a comet again. They need to make up their minds.

How the OP gets proof of aliens from this is :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:.

A mysterious cigar-shaped object spotted tumbling through our solar system last year
I am a little mystified at the term “tumbling” as used here. When I saw the image, it was positioned as if it was heading in the direction it was pointing too.

Is there any other evidence that the object was "tumbling" or was the author just using the term in a figurative way & not its motion?
:)-

A mysterious cigar-shaped object spotted tumbling through our solar system last year
I am a little mystified at the term “tumbling” as used here. When I saw the image, it was positioned as if it was heading in the direction it was pointing too.

Is there any other evidence that the object was "tumbling" or was the author just using the term in a figurative way & not its motion?
The rock is TUMBLING, according to NASA

198,000 mpH.
I believe using “time” as your reference point or scale is the wrong approach when “time” in this case is irrelevant.
It ain't no probe.
Between me, you and the fence post, I don’t believe you have a clue as to the composition of that probe.
I suppose, no law against guessing; I don't have a clue either
:)-,

Humans have been sending out “probes” into our solar system and beyond in efforts to detect far off planets and other objects within our solar system, but it was never contemplated that we would see a “probe” that did not come from our planet; that is, until now.

We are not the only ones looking and listening.

This probe came from an alien planet and it may not be the only probe out there.
When a probe is sent into the cosmos the signals sent from the probe back to its own world gets weaker the further away it travels. To maintain the signal, it is reasonable to believe subsequent probes were sent to follow the first one creating a chain of probes transmitting the images back to the probe behind it. The following probe that in turn relays these signals to the following probe. This chain communication guaranties a continual scan of the cosmos in its path.

Interstellar object may have been alien probe, Harvard paper argues, but experts are skeptical

By Steve George and Ashley Strickland, CNN
Updated 1:43 PM EST, Tue November 6, 2018
CNN) —

A mysterious cigar-shaped object spotted tumbling through our solar system last year may have been an alien spacecraft sent to investigate Earth, astronomers from Harvard University have suggested.

The object, nicknamed ‘Oumuamua, meaning “a messenger that reaches out from the distant past” in Hawaiian, was discovered in October 2017 by the Pan-STARRS 1 telescope in Hawaii.

Since its discovery, scientists have been at odds to explain its unusual features and precise origins, with researchers first calling it a comet and then an asteroid before finally deeming it the first of its kind: a new class of “interstellar objects.”

A new paper by researchers at the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics raises the possibility that the elongated dark-red object, which is 10 times
as long as it is wide and traveling at speeds of 196,000 mph, might have an “artificial origin.”

Interstellar object may have been alien probe, Harvard paper argues, but experts are skeptical

NASA SOLOR SYSTEM EXPLORATION

The first known interstellar object to visit our solar system
, 1I/2017 U1 ‘Oumuamua, was discovered Oct. 19, 2017 by the University of Hawaii’s Pan-STARRS1 telescope, funded by NASA’s Near-Earth Object Observations (NEOO) Program, which finds and tracks asteroids and comets in Earth’s neighborhood. While originally classified as a comet, observations revealed no signs of cometary activity after it slingshotted past the Sun on Sept. 9, 2017 at a blistering speed of 196,000 miles per hour (87.3 kilometers per second). It was briefly classified as an asteroid until new measurements found it was accelerating slightly, a sign it behaves more like a comet.
In Depth | Oumuamua – NASA Solar System Exploration

Images of object
cigar shaped asteroid - Google Search

View attachment 447051

Looks like a rock.

Greg

he rock is TUMBLING, according to NASA
Scientists conclude that interstellar object `Oumuamua must be very elongated because of its dramatic variations in brightness as it tumbled through space. They also conclude that vents on the surface must have emitted jets of gases, giving the object a slight boost in speed, which researchers detected by measuring the position of the object as it passed by in 2017. Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Richard Barkus

The first confirmed object from another star to visit our solar system, this interstellar interloper appears to be a rocky, cigar-shaped object with a somewhat reddish hue.

What We Know—And Don't Know—About 'Oumuamua – NASA Solar System Exploration

Death Angel, thanks for the updates. :)-

BTW I have to ask, if this object is omitting gas then the gas is expanding and to expand it is warmed so where did the heat come from-?

198,000 mpH.
I believe using “time” as your reference point or scale is the wrong approach when “time” in this case is irrelevant.
It ain't no probe.
Between me, you and the fence post, I don’t believe you have a clue as to the composition of that probe.
I suppose, no law against guessing; I don't have a clue either
:)-,
Why do you want to believe time is irrelevant? Why do you need to believe an asteroid tumbling through space 8s some sort of spacecraft?

The distances between stars are just too far apart to be traveled by physical beings.

Sorry youve been misled by decades of science fantasy.

Humans have been sending out “probes” into our solar system and beyond in efforts to detect far off planets and other objects within our solar system, but it was never contemplated that we would see a “probe” that did not come from our planet; that is, until now.

We are not the only ones looking and listening.

This probe came from an alien planet and it may not be the only probe out there.
When a probe is sent into the cosmos the signals sent from the probe back to its own world gets weaker the further away it travels. To maintain the signal, it is reasonable to believe subsequent probes were sent to follow the first one creating a chain of probes transmitting the images back to the probe behind it. The following probe that in turn relays these signals to the following probe. This chain communication guaranties a continual scan of the cosmos in its path.

By Steve George and Ashley Strickland, CNN
Updated 1:43 PM EST, Tue November 6, 2018
CNN) —

A mysterious cigar-shaped object spotted tumbling through our solar system last year may have been an alien spacecraft sent to investigate Earth, astronomers from Harvard University have suggested.

The object, nicknamed ‘Oumuamua, meaning “a messenger that reaches out from the distant past” in Hawaiian, was discovered in October 2017 by the Pan-STARRS 1 telescope in Hawaii.

Since its discovery, scientists have been at odds to explain its unusual features and precise origins, with researchers first calling it a comet and then an asteroid before finally deeming it the first of its kind: a new class of “interstellar objects.”

A new paper by researchers at the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics raises the possibility that the elongated dark-red object, which is 10 times
as long as it is wide and traveling at speeds of 196,000 mph, might have an “artificial origin.”

NASA SOLOR SYSTEM EXPLORATION

The first known interstellar object to visit our solar system
, 1I/2017 U1 ‘Oumuamua, was discovered Oct. 19, 2017 by the University of Hawaii’s Pan-STARRS1 telescope, funded by NASA’s Near-Earth Object Observations (NEOO) Program, which finds and tracks asteroids and comets in Earth’s neighborhood. While originally classified as a comet, observations revealed no signs of cometary activity after it slingshotted past the Sun on Sept. 9, 2017 at a blistering speed of 196,000 miles per hour (87.3 kilometers per second). It was briefly classified as an asteroid until new measurements found it was accelerating slightly, a sign it behaves more like a comet.
In Depth | Oumuamua – NASA Solar System Exploration

Images of object
cigar shaped asteroid - Google Search

View attachment 447051

Looks like a rock.

Greg
It is a rock. But some want to believe in science fantasy

Evolution is based on atheism, so the evolutionary thinkers and OP want this cigar-shaped asteroid to be some kind of alien probe or something sent from intelligent beings out there from another planet. Yet, it continues to look and act like an asteroid. It goes to show that there isn't any origins to evolution and evolutionary thinking.

iapetus-1280x720.jpg

That's no Moon! It is a well actually it is a Moon, Iapedus

Looks like the Death Star.

derk-elshof-deathstar-01.jpg

You guys been watching too many sci-fi movies. I thought asteroids were supposed to crash into Earth and make us extinct like the dinosaurs (sarcasm).

R87b46a51b3626d2e7eb6d3d79550b783

What looks more promising is Kepler 186 F that looks like Earth. It's only 500 light years away.

I have not been misled by anyone. I use common since and education to decide whether something is possible or not. There are billions of galaxies and within them are billions of solar systems with billions of planets within. If you want top[lay the odds its 1,000,000 to 1 that there are other planets out there that could harbor life.

In a thousand years from today humans will be roaming the solar system using propulsion systems that today we would call sci-fi stuff that couldn’t fly.

Do I believe there are aliens out there?
YES
Do I believe they will someday contact us?
YES
Do I believe they would exterminate us and take our planet for themselves?
NO
Do I believe there are idiots among us who are scared to death of possible aliens?
YES
Do I believe Death Angel is among them?
YES

Next :)-

a thousand years from today humans will be roaming the solar system using propulsion systems that today we would call sci-fi stuff that couldn’t fly.
Solar system MAYBE, but thats FAR from interstellar distances.

We were CREATED for this earth. We will never get to a star. It literally takes THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

And if we ever got there, those planets will be as lifeless as every other planet in our solar system.

Even our sister planet Venus. 800 degrees minimum. Sulfuric acid rain.

Jupiter, a big bag of gas, and MAYBE a solid hydrogen core you could never reach.

Earth is unique among the world's. Perfectly CREATED for us. All of us will live and die never knowing any aliens but Mexicans

I have not been misled by anyone. I use common since and education to decide whether something is possible or not. There are billions of galaxies and within them are billions of solar systems with billions of planets within. If you want top[lay the odds its 1,000,000 to 1 that there are other planets out there that could harbor life.

In a thousand years from today humans will be roaming the solar system using propulsion systems that today we would call sci-fi stuff that couldn’t fly.

Do I believe there are aliens out there?
YES
Do I believe they will someday contact us?
YES
Do I believe they would exterminate us and take our planet for themselves?
NO
Do I believe there are idiots among us who are scared to death of possible aliens?
YES
Do I believe Death Angel is among them?
YES

Next :)-
Sorry, but I'm not an alien, or even a Mexican. I just understand both God, and physics. And I understand your science fiction gives you hope that someday we will be crossing the stars just like we cross the Atlantic in a couple hours.

Enjoy your science fiction

There are billions of galaxies and within them are billions of solar systems with billions of planets within. If you want top[lay the odds its 1,000,000 to 1 that there are other planets out there that could harbor life.

You believe in science, right? Science states that fine tuning of life means it only happens in a very narrow range. The exact quantity of each physical constant and the respective ratios must all be precisely as they are in order for life to exist. In most cases, the tiniest change to one of these constants would not only prohibit life as we know it, but it would make most forms of matter impossible, too. Our universe is not merely tuned to allow for “some kind” of life, but it seems to be arranged in the only way allowing for “any life,” at all. Our universe and Earth as the only planet to have life seems to be designed by a designer with intelligence.

The probabilities involved with the fine-tuning of the universe and life anywhere is much greater than winning the lottery. The odds of winning the lottery odds are represented using eight or nine digits, e.g., 1:10 to the 9th power. Randomly dealing a deck of 52 playing cards in perfect order presents odds of 1:10 to the 68 power. Physicists express the odds of “randomly” arranging universal physical constants in the present arrangement using numbers more like 1:10 to the 120th power.

Thus, your common sense and intuition are wrong.

Forum List

Back