Forgetting to "Never Forget".

sealadaigh

Rookie
Mar 12, 2012
THE NO REP ZONE
Survivor: Today's youth uninterested in Holocaust

82-year-old Shlomo Ronen wants to utilize time he has left to relay what he endured during WWII, feels adolescents apathetic. 'Holocaust must be studied just like the Bible is studied. It must be passed down from father to son for thousands of years,' he says

Over the past few years, 82-year-old Shlomo Ronen has contacted a few Tel Aviv high schools requesting to come and speak to students about the Holocaust in general, and specifically about his own, personal story.

He suggested speaking to the students about the way in which he evaded the Nazis within occupied Europe and did not ask the schools for anything in return, save a ride to and from his lectures.

However, his offer went unanswered and no one from any of the schools called him back. "Maybe they don't want me to tell them how a Jewish woman strangled her baby with her own hands so that it won't cry and reveal our (hiding) place," said Ronen.

In his opinion, they did not answer him for fear of hearing about the atrocities or due to a lack of desire to deal with what they seemingly do not have to. While being interviewed, he refused to detail what he endured from the moment the Nazis occupied his town of Trembowla, Galicia.

Survivor: Israel's youth uninterested in Holocaust - Israel News, Ynetnews

this is a shame, but i understand why, and it is not what schlomo ronen thinks.

his history has been sold, and to sell something like this, you need to put a price on it, decreasing its value.

jewish people need to take care of these holocaust survivors.

• Banned
The Hulocoust is studied in every education system. In every Israeli school. Hundreds of thousands of Israeli teens travel to Poland every year.

It is the government which treats them badly

well, not according to schlomo ronen, and the fact that it is taught does not necessarily indiccate an interest among israeli youth.

your government, you claim, is a democracy, which is best defined, in my opinion, by A. Lincoln as a government of the people, by the people, for the people...

jewish people must take care of their holocaust survivors. israeli jews must take care of israeli holocaust survivors. make your government answerable. they are the reason you have your state.

The Hulocoust is studied in every education system. In every Israeli school. Hundreds of thousands of Israeli teens travel to Poland every year.

It is the government which treats them badly

well, not according to schlomo ronen, and the fact that it is taught does not necessarily indiccate an interest among israeli youth.

I don't believe it's true.

your government, you claim, is a democracy, which is best defined, in my opinion, by A. Lincoln as a government of the people, by the people, for the people....

Most of worlds government hold corruption these days, no matter if they call themselves democracies or not.

jewish people must take care of their holocaust survivors.

I agree.

israeli jews must take care of israeli holocaust survivors.

I agree

make your government answerable. they are the reason you have your state.

Baruch HaShem, this round we have a lot of new ministers and government members, hopefully they will work to change the things need changing

82-year-old Shlomo Ronen wants to utilize time he has left to relay what he endured during WWII, feels adolescents apathetic. 'Holocaust must be studied just like the Bible is studied. It must be passed down from father to son for thousands of years,' he says

Over the past few years, 82-year-old Shlomo Ronen has contacted a few Tel Aviv high schools requesting to come and speak to students about the Holocaust in general, and specifically about his own, personal story.

He suggested speaking to the students about the way in which he evaded the Nazis within occupied Europe and did not ask the schools for anything in return, save a ride to and from his lectures.

However, his offer went unanswered and no one from any of the schools called him back. "Maybe they don't want me to tell them how a Jewish woman strangled her baby with her own hands so that it won't cry and reveal our (hiding) place," said Ronen.

In his opinion, they did not answer him for fear of hearing about the atrocities or due to a lack of desire to deal with what they seemingly do not have to. While being interviewed, he refused to detail what he endured from the moment the Nazis occupied his town of Trembowla, Galicia.

his history has been sold, and to sell something like this, you need to put a price on it, decreasing its value.

But the Holocaust never happened! The gas chambers never existed, maybe a hundred thousand Jews died but it was due to illness. Just ask all your neo Nazi / IslamoNazi buddies on this board and elsewhere. So what is there to remember? And if the Holocaust didn't happen then the whole premise for the state of Israel is illegitimate.

Last edited:
I would not expect any people who went through such misery to soon forget it.

But life is for the living, so one ought not be surprised if what is a open wound for one generation becomes a scar that the next generation doesn't dwell on.

Its ONLY if that wound is constantly reopened generation after generation that it will not heal.

• Banned

But the Holocaust never happened! The gas chambers never existed, maybe a hundred thousand Jews died but it was due to illness. Just ask all your neo Nazi / IslamoNazi buddies on this board and elsewhere. So what is there to remember? And if the Holocaust didn't happen then the whole premise for the state of Israel is illegitimate.

you really should try to cut down on your whining.

the whole premise for a state of israel is illegitimate, holocaust or not. do you think there should be a seperate state for gays, the mentally ill, and all the other targeted victims of hitler.

any case for a state for israel could be made for a mormon state.

it is not a case at all about people not wanting to hear about the holocaust. it is a case of people, and i am sure this includes young israelis, of not wanting to hear more and more and more about the holocaust and having it shoved down their throats.

the holocaust was horrible, yes, but the world is full of things that were as horrible or worse and the people to whom it happened don't use it as a raison d'etre or beat it to death.

like i said, i'll be straight with you, and a large amount of the acknowledgement paid to the holocaust and museums and the balfour declaration and so many other things is to get y'all to shut your friggin' yaps and quit the constant whining while everyone, under their breaths, is uttering the same thing as the french ambassador a while back.

try again deach-----the state of Israel was a fait acompli---long before your
fellow isa shit licker was born. Tel Aviv was established in the 1800s along
with lots of other Israeli cities

Smileyphotographer.gif
"The Hulocoust...."

are you a game player ?

Are you pretending not to know how to spell the "H" word...........?

But life is for the living, so one ought not be surprised if what is a open wound for one generation becomes a scar that the next generation doesn't dwell on.

Its ONLY if that wound is constantly reopened generation after generation that it will not heal.

The problem here is the person who put this thread up did so in order to "re-open" wounds and the reason he did it is because he doesn't like the Jews. Today his victim is a man who survived the holocaust. No one seems to be off limits with him and his intention is to make others angry.

My own adult children know the history of the holocaust better than I did at their ages. One of them has taught on it in her classroom. Her class was fascinated and begged her to extend the time she had allotted for teaching about it. I agree with this mans warning that every generation must know and understand thoroughly what happened.

It is not only the duty of the Jews to teach the holocaust to their children and grandchildren. It is the duty of each and every one of us because it is the ONLY way we will ever be able to prevent it from happening again. This is why there are revisionists out there today claiming there were no gas chambers. In reality, these revisionists are holocaust deniers and nothing short of it. - Jeri

the whole premise for a state of israel is illegitimate, holocaust or not. do you think there should be a seperate state for gays, the mentally ill, and all the other targeted victims of hitler.

it is not a case at all about people not wanting to hear about the holocaust. it is a case of people, and i am sure this includes young israelis, of not wanting to hear more and more and more about the holocaust and having it shoved down their throats.

the holocaust was horrible, yes, but the world is full of things that were as horrible or worse and the people to whom it happened don't use it as a raison d'etre or beat it to death.

like i said, i'll be straight with you, and a large amount of the acknowledgement paid to the holocaust and museums and the balfour declaration and so many other things is to get y'all to shut your friggin' yaps and quit the constant whining while everyone, under their breaths, is uttering the same thing as the french ambassador a while back.

You are a bold faced liar, Seal. ......and you disgust me. - Jeremiah

The problem here is the person who put this thread up did so in order to "re-open" wounds and the reason he did it is because he doesn't like the Jews.

Yup. This place is NAZI central, no doubt.

Today his victim is a man who survived the holocaust. No one seems to be off limits with him and his intention is to make others angry.

Oh yeah, disgusting, no doubt. But the opposite of LOVE in this media is not HATE, its SILENCE.

Doyou NOT understand the sort of childish mind that enjoys causing pain by taunting people?

The internet word for those people is TROLL.

When the NAZI troll, their idea of victory here is for people to object to their nonsense and not by mockery, but by taking their hatred seriously.

Do you NOT understand cowardly bullies?

My own adult children know the history of the holocaust better than I did at their ages. One of them has taught on it in her classroom. Her class was fascinated and begged her to extend the time she had allotted for teaching about it. I agree with this mans warning that every generation must know and understand thoroughly what happened.

Yeah okay.

Let me ask you...do you think it will make any difference to know that people in groups can do unspeaking horrible things to other people?

Personally, I do not think that will make a whit of difference. Holcausts are as common as DUST in history.

They don't happen because people forgot about the ones in the past, they happen because people aren't doing, or can't do anything about them as they happening or starting to happen.

Now do you kids know anything abouth the 3,000,000 Czech and Moravians that were killed by the Catholic Germans in the 16th century?

And if the German Jews had known about that holocaust in the 30s could they have prevented what happened to them in the 20th century?

Now I am not saying don't remember. I am an historian I don't think we should forget anything!

But I am telling you to remember that TODAY is the only day we have to worry about, and it was NOT jewish exceptionalism that make them the victims of NAZI insanity.

The JEWS were just the FIRST people those sick people wanted to exterminate.

It is not only the duty of the Jews to teach the holocaust to their children and grandchildren. It is the duty of each and every one of us because it is the ONLY way we will ever be able to prevent it from happening again. This is why there are revisionists out there today claiming there were no gas chambers. In reality, these revisionists are holocaust deniers and nothing short of it. - Jeri

Of course it is the duty of the older generation to tell the new ones about the past.

And yes it is the duty of intellectuals of every creed to remind people about the past and about the TRUTH whereever it leads.

But what IS that truth?

Seriously what lesson will you teach your Jewish Children?

I had to face this question with my son, too, you know?

And in his case he had TWO holocausts to learn about and remember.

So what IS the lesson? That JEWS are at risk from societies gone mad?

Or that we are ALL at risk when societies go mad?

Serious question, mate.

I believe that if you teach your children that Jews are a special class of victims then you are doing them AND JEWISH HISTORY a real disservice.

Last edited:
I,,, absolutely agree that jews are not a "SPECIAL CLASS" of victims-----and such
a concept was never taught to me. All peoples who are a "group"----have their
own unique history-----learning it does not imply "special class" The very first
genocide I learned about as a child was the ARMENIAN GENOCIDE-----well---my mom
told me about it. Since that time I have known about genocides in PROGRESS---
-the Biafran genocide----the east pakistani----etc etc.
The nazi genocide is one of many----that concept was clear to me--
----and I believe to most people-----who learned about
the nazi genocide as jews. The nazi era is an excellent example of GENOCIDE---
a kind of "model"

Wrong again Rose and Jeramiah. I t was not Seal that said that the Holocaust was the reason for the existance of Israel it was Roudy so if you have a bone to pick about that, then take it up with Roudy.

There ya go, "the whole premise of the stateof Israel is illegitimate...." and "shut her friggin yaps blah blah..." now that's the Jew hating Nazi douchebag we know.

I don't understand why you keep shoving yourself in that tight closet trying to fool everybody into thinking you're something that you're not, and never will be. Such a waste of time. Instead you could spend all this valuable time proving that "everybody hates the Jews and there's a reason for it", like the bigotted pig that you are. Ha ha ha.

I lived during those times. I'm not Jewish, but I'll Never forget. Just as Americans shouldn't forget 9/11. But some will. As they shouldn't forget Pearl Harbor. But some did.

Wrong again Rose and Jeramiah. I t was not Seal that said that the Holocaust was the reason for the existance of Israel it was Roudy so if you have a bone to pick about that, then take it up with Roudy.
C'mon, Patrick. Seal makes a good whipping boy. He doesn't mind. After all, people are still blaming Bush. Same thing.

Zionism, as a modern political movement, began in the 1800's, long before the Holocaust. But the Holocaust gave great urgency to the matter.

Forum List

Back