Foreign fighters answer calls to join Syrian conflict

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
What do these militants do? Go to their respective Human Resources Department and ask for time off to conduct Jihad? .

Well-coordinated recruitment efforts, aided by social media, are drawing a stream of Islamic militants to Syria.

By Raja Abdulrahim and Ken Dilanian
January 2, 2014, 4:00 a.m.

It was the summer of 2012 and the young Jordanian was working long hours as a teacher at a vocational high school. He had just bought an apartment and a car. He was interested in getting married.

But just a few months later, he was making a long and dangerous five-day trek with other foreign fighters through the mountains that separate Lebanon from Syria. Angered by the plight of refugees and attacks on fellow Sunni Muslims by Syria's mainly Shiite and Alawite Muslim forces, the 28-year-old, who identified himself only as Abu Amr, had joined the rebel forces.

"Personally, I saw that as Muslims, our religion was under threat," he said via Skype, adding that his mother had encouraged him to fight. "My mother knew that if we died, it would be the best way to die ... protecting religion and Muslims."

To continue reading, go to:

Foreign fighters answer calls to join Syrian conflict - latimes.com

What do these militants do? Go to their respective Human Resources Department and ask for time off to conduct Jihad? .

Well-coordinated recruitment efforts, aided by social media, are drawing a stream of Islamic militants to Syria.

By Raja Abdulrahim and Ken Dilanian
January 2, 2014, 4:00 a.m.

It was the summer of 2012 and the young Jordanian was working long hours as a teacher at a vocational high school. He had just bought an apartment and a car. He was interested in getting married.

But just a few months later, he was making a long and dangerous five-day trek with other foreign fighters through the mountains that separate Lebanon from Syria. Angered by the plight of refugees and attacks on fellow Sunni Muslims by Syria's mainly Shiite and Alawite Muslim forces, the 28-year-old, who identified himself only as Abu Amr, had joined the rebel forces.

"Personally, I saw that as Muslims, our religion was under threat," he said via Skype, adding that his mother had encouraged him to fight. "My mother knew that if we died, it would be the best way to die ... protecting religion and Muslims."

To continue reading, go to:

Foreign fighters answer calls to join Syrian conflict - latimes.com
If that teacher was so concerned about the sanctity of his religion, one would think SunniMan, [MENTION=2873]Billo_Really[/MENTION], Indofred, Georgie, Jos and the rest of the 'hood would want to be in the thick of the action. Sunshine patriots and all mouth?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back