Ford's better idea: Ditch most US car models.

Should Ford bring back the Pinto and ditch the Mustang?

• Absolutely. Bring back the Pinto, King of the Road

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No need. My Pinto still runs like a top

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
Top news
Ford promises more savings[/a]: Ford Motor Co. (F) said Wednesday it will shed most of its North American car lineup as part of a broad plan to save money and make the company more competitive in a fast-changing marketplace. The changes include getting rid of all cars in the region during the next four years except for the Mustang sports car and a compact Focus crossover vehicle, CEO Jim Hackett said as the company released first-quarter earnings. Morning Brief: Ford plans to end most of its US cars

Last edited:
"90 percent of their vehicles will be pickups and SUV's."
Not thinking that is going to go over real well.
/----/ Drive through Nassau County and the majority of new vehicles are SUVs or crossovers. Most of the sedans are older cars.

LOL! Loved your poll. In regard to your OP, based on history this works well until oil and gas prices go up. Sounds like Ford just might be putting all their eggs in one basket to me.

Last edited:
It appears to be what the US market wants.

Which is usually counter to what is good for them.
We all know morons with $15 an hour jobs driving around in a new pickup truck.
You can't get any dumber than that. These idiots manage to get a signature loan for $3-$4000 bucks, use that as the lease down payment, and then lease for 24 months for like $250/mo. And convince themselves this is a good idea.

LOL! Loved you poll. In regard to your OP, based on history this works well until oil and gas prices go up. Sounds like Ford just might be putting all their eggs in one basket to me.
/----/ Well it doesn't take long to switch back to sedans is it's the latest trend.

It appears to be what the US market wants.

Which is usually counter to what is good for them.
We all know morons with $15 an hour jobs driving around in a new pickup truck.
You can't get any dumber than that. These idiots manage to get a signature loan for $3-$4000 bucks, use that as the lease down payment, and then lease for 24 months for like $250/mo. And convince themselves this is a good idea.
/----/ There are two kinds of people: Smart Money and Stupid Money.

Trucks and SUV's have long been Ford's main profit generators. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose money on every Focus, Fusion, Fiesta, etc.

I'm not sure I would cry at the funeral of Ford's auto business. But the Mustang is good to save. It has a lot of fans.

Top news
Ford promises more savings[/a]: Ford Motor Co. (F) said Wednesday it will shed most of its North American car lineup as part of a broad plan to save money and make the company more competitive in a fast-changing marketplace. The changes include getting rid of all cars in the region during the next four years except for the Mustang sports car and a compact Focus crossover vehicle, CEO Jim Hackett said as the company released first-quarter earnings. Morning Brief: Ford plans to end most of its US cars
Meh.theyre just Ford's.

Forum List

Back