Ford to slash EV trucks 50%

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Whoooops

Ford's "Test For EV Adoption" Fails: Carmaker Slashes Production Plans For Electric F-150 In Half | ZeroHedge

Ask me how hard I'm laughing?!! :funnyface: :funnyface:

Called this two years ago...truck guys don't want electric trucks. Waaaaay too ghey.

They can now get a factory boosted F150...full warranty...750hp Coyote engine...$46,000 :deal:

Hey Joe....

83203.jpeg

Why? The Washington Establishment already made their money. They're always advocating for some spending program so that they can further enrich themselves.

Correct...as always....but the laughing is about the green bozos not realizing that. They think Americans want EV's 🤡
Nobody wants Tesla's either...a niche market made up of mental cases and virtue signaling Oz dwellers.

Obviously never saw Godfather 2 :abgg2q.jpg:

Ford mis-read the market; Tesla didn't.

Big pickups serve three or four significant markets: small businessmen (e.g., landscapers), farmers, significant pick-up users (people who, a couple times a year, need to tow a boat or RV), and families who buy them as an alternative to a large SUV. It's only this last group that would be interested in an electric, full-size pickup. So their target for the F-150 lightning was only a fourth as big as the market for the F-150 (ICE).

And of course, Tesla has been laser-directed at the third and fourth groups mentioned.

It's worth saying that the high price of both the Ford and Tesla pickups is not so high when compared to the price of a large SUV like a Suburban, Yukon, Expedition, or Grand Wagoneer.

Electrics are not for everyone, and IMO, most middle-class households would be best served by both an EV and an ICE vehicle in the garage. Like mine.

Ford mis-read the market; Tesla didn't.

Big pickups serve three or four significant markets: small businessmen (e.g., landscapers), farmers, significant pick-up users (people who, a couple times a year, need to tow a boat or RV), and families who buy them as an alternative to a large SUV. It's only this last group that would be interested in an electric, full-size pickup. So their target for the F-150 lightning was only a fourth as big as the market for the F-150 (ICE).

And of course, Tesla has been laser-directed at the third and fourth groups mentioned.

It's worth saying that the high price of both the Ford and Tesla pickups is not so high when compared to the price of a large SUV like a Suburban, Yukon, Expedition, or Grand Wagoneer.

Electrics are not for everyone, and IMO, most middle-class households would be best served by both an EV and an ICE vehicle in the garage. Like mine.

A more accurate statement would be....

"Electrics are for the few"

Very few American families have an EV and an ICE vehicle in their garage. :bye1:

Almost 16 million ICE sales in the US in '23....about 1 million EV's

Fringe market.....

whoops-74379556.jpg

Whoooops

Ford's "Test For EV Adoption" Fails: Carmaker Slashes Production Plans For Electric F-150 In Half | ZeroHedge

Ask me how hard I'm laughing?!! :funnyface: :funnyface:

Called this two years ago...truck guys don't want electric trucks. Waaaaay too ghey.

They can now get a factory boosted F150...full warranty...750hp Coyote engine...$46,000 :deal:

Hey Joe....

View attachment 871802
There is a doctor here in my town that sold his for $50k less that he paid for it due to the issues. Needless to say Ford lost him as customer as the dealer would not even trade for it.

EVs are like ugly women....sure they are fun to ride but it's not like you want your friends to see you with one....
(It's a joke guys...calm down already)

EVs are more like digital currencies. A bunch of people have lost money with them, a few have made money with them...there are so many of them you don't know which one is going to last long term and you still can't get dinner with the things.

OK, the human race dies, the republicans laugh.

The human race is destined to kill itself off.

even if they didn't the Milky Way is going to crash into the Andromeda galaxy and then the sun is going to turn into a red giant and char the earth to cinders.

And FYI I'm not a republican......or a democrat

They can now get a factory boosted F150...full warranty...750hp Coyote engine...$46,000

... and it still only hauls a half-ton ... that's a "chick truck" ... what girlie girls and girlie boys drive around ... totally faggot ...

Fill the bed with bricks like they show in the commercials ... of 300 bd ft of lumber .. I dare you ...

Forum List

Back