Ford To Cut 8000 Internal Combustion Engine Jobs To Focus On Electrification

That may occur, or maybe not. At any rate, manufacturing the batteries necessary for all these EVs is costly and extremely harmful to the environment. So, environmental benefit is minimal. Plus there are lots of negative, as spelled out in this column.
The Truth About EVs - EPautos - Libertarian Car Talk
You linked to an actual libertarian site, with actual libertarian facts....Golfin' Gonad's head might essplode! :laugh2:

As I said above, I do think that Ford is jumping the gun, we as a country are not ready for it even putting aside the concerns in your link, which are very valid concerns.
Something is amiss. The government and elite are pushing EVs, even though the technology and environmental benefits are questionable. Makes one think there must be ulterior motives in play.

Innovation forward does not always come without sacrifice. According to a report earlier today, Ford Motor Company is planning to cut as many as 8,000 jobs, pertaining mostly to positions in the American automaker’s internal combustion division. The layoffs are said to help wean Ford off ICE production and use those funds to further invest in EV development.
Just another, "According to a report" fake news nonsense. ... :cuckoo:

Risky. I really don't think a car technology based on batteries that need to be recharged and ultimately turn to shit is the ultimate answer.

This is going to be a complicated transitional period that will require collaboration and innovation, and America is no longer capable of either complexity or collaboration.

So, hopefully a friendly country will pick up the torch while we squabble amongst ourselves and decay.

I think this is why...

It also says the 8,000 job cuts will pertain to salaried Ford employees

They are not laying off production line workers, they are laying off engineers and such. Those people probably know very little about EV technology.

With that said, the push for EVs is happening faster than it should. We as a country are not ready for everyone to be driving EVs.

Yep, some Engineer spends 20+ years becoming an expert on some part of the ICE powertrain isn't going to become an expert on batteries or electric motors or other parts of the EV.

So basically when they realize the power grid won't be able to handle the expected/required EV loads in 2035 in certain States, we will have lost a few years of ICE powertrain innovation.

Risky. I really don't think a car technology based on batteries that need to be recharged and ultimately turn to shit is the ultimate answer.

This is going to be a complicated transitional period that will require collaboration and innovation, and America is no longer capable of either complexity or collaboration.

So, hopefully a friendly country will pick up the torch while we squabble amongst ourselves and decay.

How about make an EV that is better than an ICE vehicle, improve the electrical grid, and then let the market make the transition happen?

But for some leftists it's all about government force to get the end result without thinking about what is needed to actually get there.

I agree with both.

But at the same time, the only way to make them cheaper is to keep making them and have more people buying them.

I remember when a DVR player was upwards of $700 and now they are less than $50.

Flat screen TVs used to be a couple grand.

People actually want those.

EV's are inefficient, cost a lot, and are of limited use.

Why have one other than to virtue signal?🤔

You linked to an actual libertarian site, with actual libertarian facts....Golfin' Gonad's head might essplode! :laugh2:

Written in June of 2022 explaining to people what everyone does indeed already know. Maybe next week a benefit/negative break down of jogging?

1. It's good for your health.

2. It's going to take you awhile to get there.

3. It's inexpensive transportation.

4. You will arrive all sweaty.

People need to know.

Except for the fact I agreed with what is in the link you might have had a point.

But as is the norm, you failed again

How about make an EV that is better than an ICE vehicle, improve the electrical grid, and then let the market make the transition happen?

It doesn't have to be "better". Better is a subjective thing. That noted, what you say is what is going to happen despite all the rhetoric surrounding the issue.

But for some leftists it's all about government force to get the end result without thinking about what is needed to actually get there.

Nobody is going to be forced to do anything. Are some politicians pushing complete B.S. for perceived political gain? Yes, ignore them.

Or the secondary and peripheral market displacements and distortions that could/will occur.

But the Kulaks are mere eggs, to be broken for the WEF's Great Reset/Build Back Bolshevik central control omelette.

It doesn't have to be "better". Better is a subjective thing. That noted, what you say is what is going to happen despite all the rhetoric surrounding the issue.

Nobody is going to be forced to do anything. Are some politicians pushing complete B.S. for perceived political gain? Yes, ignore them.

If it wants to replace something, it sure as hell as to be better in some way. If not, why replace the original item?

The laws have been passed, the rules put in place.

Written in June of 2022 explaining to people what everyone does indeed already know. Maybe next week a benefit/negative break down of jogging?

1. It's good for your health.

2. It's going to take you awhile to get there.

3. It's inexpensive transportation.

4. You will arrive all sweaty.

People need to know.
Physical exercise is an activity that people voluntarily engage in....It's not something that central controllers from The State come in and force people to do.

Little wonder that a committed statist, whose first impulse is the use of force, is blind to that little fact.

If it wants to replace something, it sure as hell as to be better in some way. If not, why replace the original item?

People who own them now will tell you they are better now.

The laws have been passed, the rules put in place.

For some supposed time in the future. Politicians pass laws that are supposed to go into affect in the future and politicians in the future ignore or overturn them.

It's a complete waste of time to pass a law saying something has to be done in the future when you don't actually have any control on the future.

Physical exercise is an activity that people voluntarily engage in....It's not something that central controllers from The State come in and force people to do.

Nobody is being forced to do anything and that wasn't the point of my post. I was making fun of an article stating the obvious pretending it was bringing some unknown knowledge to the people.

People who own them now will tell you they are better now.

For some supposed time in the future. Politicians pass laws that are supposed to go into affect in the future and politicians in the future ignore or overturn them.

It's a complete waste of time to pass a law saying something has to be done in the future when you don't actually have any control on the future.

Still not better than an ICE vehicle in most situations.

Until you can charge them as fast as you can fill a gas tank, they won't be.

And it's amazing the excuses you make for politicians.

Nobody is being forced to do anything and that wasn't the point of my post. I was making fun of an article stating the obvious pretending it was bringing some unknown knowledge to the people.
EVs are being forced onto the market, under the fraudulent premise that they're "green", by unelected and unaccountable technocrats, who truly believe that they are the last word on what is good for you and the entire planet.....Never you mind how many time that they've been dead wrong in the past.

How long before the Kommissar of Fitness comes along with the cattle prod to make you run your daily 5K?

Still not better than an ICE vehicle in most situations.

That's not your call for other people.

Until you can charge them as fast as you can fill a gas tank, they won't be.

And it's amazing the excuses you make for politicians.

I'm stating they are full of B.S. and you see that as making excuses? LOL

I'm not going to run around like my hair is on fire because some politician makes some claim on a future he has no control over.

Forum List

Back