Ford To Cut 8000 Internal Combustion Engine Jobs To Focus On Electrification

Another massive victory for China. More Americans out of work, and the US is dependent on China for the batteries and the raw materials for the batteries. And we don't even want these EV cars.

pingpong121.jpg

1) Manufacturing an EV creates more immediate negative impact on the environment than manufacturing a gas vehicle

What that means... for every gas vehicle not manufactured to manufacture an EV - there will be a significant increase in greenhouse gasses. It will take anywhere from 3 - 7 years to level that out. Depending on model and range you choose.

Yeah, you keep claiming that. Probably on some level you believe that to be true... it really isn't though.

2) There is exactly ZERO environmental effect of buying a used car. The environmental impact of making it... already happened. And it can't be reversed. Buying a used gas vehicle has the least environmental impact than any other choice PERIOD. You will never drive an EV long enough to make up the difference vs. a USED car because of the high impact of manufacturing the NEW EV.

Actually, used cars have a LOT of problems. As anyone who has held on to a car long term can tell you, they pretty much nickle and dime you to death as components wear out. They tend to be less fuel efficient.

Another massive victory for China. More Americans out of work, and the US is dependent on China for the batteries and the raw materials for the batteries. And we don't even want these EV cars.

IF that were the case, why is Tesla growing by leaps and bounds? Why are ALL the car companies of the world getting on the EV bandwagon.

Guess you never heard of a hybrid. Today’s batteries lack energy density. They aren’t made for long distance towing. The vast majority of people don’t tow. Dedicated EVs aren’t made yet for heavy towing.long distance
Going to keep relevant......?

Yes I know what a hybrid is and they get outstanding GAS milage

Derp

Listen here peasant

You'll have no where near the infrastructure in 2030 or 2050.plus The natural resources alone ....from copper to rare earth's ...

Shit from production to storage ....youre pissing into the wind ...
As a former businessman
None of it adds up for me ...I'll pass .....and dump if I please
And yeah yeah yeah....technology may improve ....
To get me hard Id need to see radical breakthroughs in a couple areas ....at the least

Here's a pale and shovel ..cause anyone who believes in the religion of watermelons is playing with themselves
sjjsjsjsjjsjsns.jpg

.go hit the beach and make believe youre digging a massive copper mine.Of course using child slave labor in some third world shithole ...

Going to keep relevant......?

Yes I know what a hybrid is and they get outstanding GAS milage

Derp

Listen here peasant

You'll have no where near the infrastructure in 2030 or 2050.plus The natural resources alone ....from copper to rare earth's ...

Shit from production to storage ....youre pissing into the wind ...
As a former businessman
None of it adds up for me ...I'll pass .....and dump if I please
And yeah yeah yeah....technology may improve ....
To get me hard Id need to see radical breakthroughs in a couple areas ....at the least

Here's a pale and shovel ..cause anyone who believes in the religion of watermelons is playing with themselves
View attachment 673496

.go hit the beach and make believe youre digging a massive copper mine.Of course using child slave labor in some third world shithole ...
You’re going to keep it relevant. I am relevant. Locomotives are hybrids. They make their living towing. No one ever claimed that today’s batteries would make an EV a good tow vehicle now.
In two years, Toyota will begin installing solid state batteries in their hybrids. They are a huge step to PLUG IN HYBRIDS. Which essentially will turn a hybrid truck into a good tow vehicle then commute to work on E motor alone. In a few years, it will be obvious that you use electric motors where ever possible.

We need to look at EVs differently. They aren’t like ICE cars. They are appliances whose propulsion system needs no maintenance and can run continuously for twenty years at well over 90% efficiency. There is no comparison with an ICE motor that needs a transmission. Even if battery density keeps EV trucks from being a good tow vehicle, you still try to incorporate E motors into them, first as hybrids, then as plug in hybrids, and eventually all EV trucks when E storage gets competitive.

Last edited:
You’re going to keep it relevant. I am relevant. Locomotives are hybrids. They make their living towing. No one ever claimed that today’s batteries would make an EV a good tow vehicle now.

Not really hybrids.

Diesel-electric. All this means is that instead of driving a mechanical connection from the engine to the wheels, the engine drives a generator, which powers electric motors. This is common in many very large-scale applications of internal combustion engines, such as locomotives or ships.

It's not the same as a hybrid.

Not really hybrids.

Diesel-electric. All this means is that instead of driving a mechanical connection from the engine to the wheels, the engine drives a generator, which powers electric motors. This is common in many very large-scale applications of internal combustion engines, such as locomotives or ships.

You need correction……it ( diesel electric locomotives) is a hybrid, a series hybrid. You are confused with a Prius which is a parallel hybrid. Please, do more research before you stumble and bumble.
Each type of hybrid has a different application and need.

This is common in many very large-scale applications of internal combustion engines, such as locomotives or ships.
Many modern ships use electric motors for propulsion. If they have an additional power source like atomic energy or diesel, THEY ARE HYBRIDS. Look up series vs parallel hybrid technology. The early Chevy Volt could operated in both modes.

Not really hybrids.

Gee, I see you disagree, but can’t say why. That means you’re wrong. Just say so….

IF that were the case, why is Tesla growing by leaps and bounds? Why are ALL the car companies of the world getting on the EV bandwagon.
For sure….
Toyota can’t make hybrids fast enough too. Conservatives need to be reminded that hybrids ARE electrified autos. They all run for a short while on electricity only and plug ins can commute most average distances on E power alone. They’re advantage is, they charge up quickly when all they have to do is go 40-60 miles.
The motor comes on and they then have a 5-600 mile range on gasoline. What’s not to like ?

I drove 650 miles the Outer Banks yesterday. I can‘t even imagine doing that in an EV. We hit all sorts of unexpected traffic jams that even Waze didn‘t account for. Where the hell are you going to stop and charge and how long would it take? I see fights over charging stations in the near future. Oh wait, its already happening:

‘Karen’ Fight Over Electric Car Charging Station

I drove 650 miles the Outer Banks yesterday. I can‘t even imagine doing that in an EV. We hit all sorts of unexpected traffic jams that even Waze didn‘t account for. Where the hell are you going to stop and charge and how long would it take? I see fights over charging stations in the near future. Oh wait, its already happening:

‘Karen’ Fight Over Electric Car Charging Station
You don’t do it in an EV….dah. Only a fool would try. You didn’t use a bike either. But you could easily have done it in a plug in hybrid.

Then there's this -

"Turns out, it’s not just that EV batteries are pretty horrible to deal with if you’re going on a road trip, are just about useless for driving a truck pulling a trailer (the electric truck didn’t even make it 100 miles in a towing contest!), and might be putting vulnerable people in danger thanks to how long one has to spend charging an EV at potentially dangerous gas stations.

While all those are problems, there’s another problem with electric vehicles that many people don’t consider when deciding between a combustion engine vehicle and an EV: if the battery catches on fire, as it very well might following a crash, that lithium fire burns hotter than the ninth circle of hell and is quite difficult to put out.

Such a battery fire tragically killed two teens in 2018; though they survived the car crash (to be fair, Teslas do have superb safety ratings), the teens were killed when the battery caught fire, burning to death in the wrecked vehicle.

Those deaths, despite occurring about four years ago, are relevant because the suit over their deaths just ended, with a Florida court finding Tesla at fault, as NBC News reported, saying:"

Fun fact, they say that lithium was one of the three first elements created in the Big Bang, along with hydrogen and helium.

Forum List

Back