Forced diversity in Hollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only seen the legend of the ten rings and eternals from that list so far and I do not see how either qualify as 'woke' shows at all. Eternals had 1 'diversity' character and she was one of the worst characters in the show. The reviews reflect this as well though I am pretty surprised seeing it in the top 10. It received absolutely horrible reviews though it was not a bad film at all IMHO. As for the rest, what makes you think the others are woke? I have not heard anything about them in that regard.

I can say some flicks that I would have called woke, shows like Super Girl and the Flash went to absolute shit specifically because they tried to go woke. There is a lot of criticism for WoT being woke but I would disagree with the premise of that as it is straight out diversity and not woke so the shows real problems are elsewhere. It has had some glaring problems in Disney flicks too but I think they have found a footing there and have been able to put out some diverse content that is quite good rather than woke.

Woke tendencies absolutely does destroy a good piece of entertainment. It seems to me that Hollywood is starting to figure out how to integrate more diversity without being woke though, a good thing. The rhetoric will take awhile longer to catch up though in my opinion.

Edit: missed the Ghostbusters one.

That was clearly influenced by the who gender swap thing, a real blight on Hollywood flicks IMHO, a direct result of the woke movement IMHO and Ghostbusters was clearly worse for it. It banked good money strictly because the gravitas of the franchise. And it killed that franchise as well.
It is more than that. Seth Rogan plays a buffoon in many movies. A white one. Nothing wrong with that. Over the decades many have played those roles in all backgrounds. But he plays it to demean the whole white male race. Over and over. This while he lives in a mansion in a swanky neighborhood with lots of money. Messages are sent out in trivial ways to something right in front of us all. He uses his political views to promote his message. I cannot even stomach watching his films anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back