For those who are opposed to a wall on our southern border:

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Would you still be opposed to completing a Wall if it was privately funded? If so, why?

If it was privately funded, I'd have zero problems with it.

But, that is never gonna happen.

The wall as envisioned by Trump isn't that effective. A better way of guarding the border would be electronic detection devices, planted around every 1/2 mile, combined with a patrol of surveillance drones continually over the border (they can "see" up to 250 miles).

Not only would an electronic fence be more effective, but it would also be cheaper.

Would you still be opposed to completing a Wall if it was privately funded? If so, why?
I say fuck the wall, allow the soldiers down there to shoot anyone trying to cross the border illegally, and when the bodies start to pile up, voila, you have your wall. Just coat it will Flex Seal, and it will be permanent.

A wall is just not needed. Maybe kindness could do what violence cannot. Maybe build houses along the border and let them live in them.

If privately funded I wouldn't care.

Not gonna happen though. You wanna curb illegal I'm migration start arresting the folks who give them jobs.

That would be impossible . You realize all that border property isn’t just fed owned empty land.

You would need gov imminent domain to build the thing . Cons do love taking people’s property by force .

Not gonna happen though. You wanna curb illegal I'm migration start arresting the folks who give them jobs.
They will not arrest conservatives for giving them work. That is against the Saint Ronnie Ray Goon commandment to honor your fellow republican.

The wall as envisioned by Trump isn't that effective. A better way of guarding the border would be electronic detection devices, planted around every 1/2 mile, combined with a patrol of surveillance drones continually over the border (they can "see" up to 250 miles).

Not only would an electronic fence be more effective, but it would also be cheaper.

Do you realize that, once they set foot on U.S. soil, illegal immigrants are conferred with due process rights which allow them to remain in the U.S.?

How would an electronic fence prevent this?

GOD could pay for a wall and Texas land owners will keep him tied up in court for the next 20-30 years.

AINT GONNA BE NO DAMN WALL - DEAL WITH IT.

GOD could pay for a wall and Texas land owners will keep him tied up in court for the next 20-30 years.

Be easier to just have Him build it. And, because He is who He is, He could do it without having to divide people's land in half and wouldn't have to worry about stuff like building in the mountains.

Do you favor an electronic fence with drone surveillance?

Do you favor an electronic fence with drone surveillance?

Reading comprehension dude. I said that the wall as envisioned by Trump isn't effective, and then went on to say that a BETTER WAY would be.........and then I laid out the electronic fence with drone surveillance.

If I posted it that way, then yes, I am in favor of an electronic border wall. And, if they use the right sensors, they could also detect when someone was trying to tunnel under the border.

Which Texas land owners? What are you talking about?

It's not just Texas land owners who are upset at the wall. There are many property owners who are having their land divided because of the border wall.

Border fence divides U.S. government and landowners | Reuters

As border wall goes up in Texas, some local landowners put up a fight, others welcome it

Top link is Reuters, bottom one is FOX news, you choose which one to read.

How it’s funded is irrelevant – the fact it won’t work remains, a waste of money public or private.

And because a ‘wall’ is pointless, wasteful idiocy, the motive to build a ‘wall’ is generated by fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate.

I don't care about TH3 WAHL one way or another, other than it would be a huge waste of money.

Good luck finding investors that stupid.

How it’s funded is irrelevant – the fact it won’t work remains, a waste of money public or private.

And because a ‘wall’ is pointless, wasteful idiocy, the motive to build a ‘wall’ is generated by fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate.
the right wing prefers boondoggles to actually helping the Poor.

Wait a minute...
You dipshits want to abolish ICE,so how does that jive with your statement?

Forum List

Back