For those of you who think they are better off

I invested my Monopoly money into something fungible because I knew the money printing would cause inflation.
That still doesn’t recoup the money lost because of this fraudulent administration.
And you still lose money at the same time because your money is worth less and energy spikes make everything cost more to produce. Whatever gains you may have are offset by those realities.
Democrats are too stupid to be allowed to vote.
When you get older or actually when your kids get older, it won't mean as much or hit you emotionally. I've seen, heard and lived through much worse, the late 70 energy shortage and the 10 years of inflation averaging 6 1/2% but going as high as 12%, and the Bush financial crash, where many 401K accounts took severe hits, people lost home across America, major auto mfgs had to be saved to avoid the ripple in the economy, already bad enough to knock down any small companies, including shutting the plant I worked for 22 years. It was amazing to see how little traffic was on the bypass during morning commute time, around here.

What you see as "the sky is falling" is nothing by comparison. Wages up, employment up, stock market up with record highs, oil and natural gas production is up, consumer confidence up. If you aren't making it pretty good right now, you are either very young and dumb, a very poor planner, or you borrowed to the hilt, to have everything you wanted now, instead of properly planning and building your net worth the old fashioned way. Life is good!:cool:

When you get older or actually when your kids get older, it won't mean as much or hit you emotionally. I've seen, heard and lived through much worse, the late 70 energy shortage and the 10 years of inflation averaging 6 1/2% but going as high as 12%, and the Bush financial crash, where many 401K accounts took severe hits, people lost home across America, major auto mfgs had to be saved to avoid the ripple in the economy, already bad enough to knock down any small companies, including shutting the plant I worked for 22 years. It was amazing to see how little traffic was on the bypass during morning commute time, around here.

What you see as "the sky is falling" is nothing by comparison. Wages up, employment up, stock market up with record highs, oil and natural gas production is up, consumer confidence up. If you aren't making it pretty good right now, you are either very young and dumb, a very poor planner, or you borrowed to the hilt, to have everything you wanted now, instead of properly planning and building your net worth the old fashioned way. Life is good!:cool:
Yep, I can remember a 13% mortgage rate I had and high inflation many years ago and today I am living high off the hog. The people who are charging their credit cards up I suspect have always had high debt. The real poor have always been poor and maybe some day could pull out of it but for some it is their way of life.

We got ours back. You should invest more conservatively, if you lost and did not gain it back. Of course, we don't do crypto and that sound like your problem. You should have taken Managerial Finance in college.

The market was way down in 2022. Most portfolios are just now even or just slightly better now 2 years later, meaning they have lost 2 years worth of nominal gains.

The market was way down in 2022. Most portfolios are just now even or just slightly better now 2 years later, meaning they have lost 2 years worth of nominal gains.

When the market is way down, you get a lot more shares for the same amount of money, as such when the market recovers you are better off than you would have been.

When the market is way down, you get a lot more shares for the same amount of money, as such when the market recovers you are better off than you would have been.

Sure, but I am not talking about new investments with new money. I am talking a bout investments that people had in 2022 and still have today. If they had sold in 2022 when it was way down, they obviously couldn’t buy back as many shares now. I am not talking about day trading here, but long-term investors in their retirement plans.

Sure, but I am not talking about new investments with new money. I am talking a bout investments that people had in 2022 and still have today. If they had sold in 2022 when it was way down, they obviously couldn’t buy back as many shares now. I am not talking about day trading here, but long-term investors in their retirement plans.

So am I.

All during 2022 when the market was down I was pumping money into my 401k. That money was buying more shares than it did in 2021 due to the market being down. Once the market came back up I have more shares to go up than I might have had if there had been no drop.

The only real way the dip in 2022 hurt anyone is if they had to pull money out during it.

What should Biden have done to curb inflation?
Any Econ textbook in general use says that pumping several trillion of govt spending will tend to kill an economy.
Biden the stupid is surprised that his earlier mega-spending is making his latter mega-spending inadequate to the task.
Well of course. We see this in many cases.

So CA said for high-speed rail

"$35 billion to finish the first line from Bakersfield to Merced and roughly $100 billion more to complete the route from Los Angeles to San Francisco — about $100 billion more than what was originally proposed years ago.Mar 21, 2024"

HOw do you mis-estimate by $100 Billion

Too late for me. I already gained back what was lost, but another $15,000, replacing what we took out to pay the contractor of the new construction of the new pavilion, roofing, gutters and electrical. Like I said, you invest poorly, but I doubt you were a business major, in school, to you are probably not alone. You'll be alright with another 4 years of the Biden administration economy.
Hey, I hear truth social stock dropped like a rock, lowing 25%. Maybe it is time to speculate on a trump venture.:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Any Econ textbook in general use says that pumping several trillion of govt spending will tend to kill an economy.

What trillions were pumped into the economy?

Biden the stupid is surprised that his earlier mega-spending is making his latter mega-spending inadequate to the task.
Well of course. We see this in many cases.

Mega spending? Can you be more specific?

So CA said for high-speed rail

"$35 billion to finish the first line from Bakersfield to Merced and roughly $100 billion more to complete the route from Los Angeles to San Francisco — about $100 billion more than what was originally proposed years ago.Mar 21, 2024"

HOw do you mis-estimate by $100 Billion

So this high speed rail is why inflation is so bad?

Who do you think we should elect to curb government spending?

Just for the record which Trump policies on reduction for rules and regulations did he do away with? Didn't Trump blow the federal deficit through the roof?
Nope. A Democrat congress did plus bipartisan emergency funds when the economy was shut down in 2020 so that at least some people didn't lose their businesses or starve due to government orders. Otherwise his debt to GDP looked pretty darn good compared to predecessors.

You’re not better off. Lie to yourself all you want but you lost money as did all of us because of the virus hysteria and the carefully designed democrat response.
I check my finances daily, I'm obsessed with it.
I haven't lost money, ( but you lost money ), I'm sorry you did.

Democrats are too stupid to be allowed to vote.
RoshawnMarkwees tends to post using the required 'talking points' send to him/her?
Nope. A Democrat congress did
"No, I don't take ANY responsibility at ALL." djt.
It is NEVER trumps fault.

Hey, what happened as a result of trump leading and signing OPEC+ ?

I check my finances daily, I'm obsessed with it.
I haven't lost money, ( but you lost money ), I'm sorry you did.

RoshawnMarkwees tends to post using the required 'talking points' send to him/her?

"No, I don't take ANY responsibility at ALL." djt.
It is NEVER trumps fault.

Hey, what happened as a result of trump leading and signing OPEC+ ?
He took full responsibility and rightfully justified it. The deal with OPEC saved thousands of U.S. energy jobs and allowed us to become energy independent for the first time in a very long time. Good for you that you haven't lost any money. You must be a multi-millionaire. Everybody else I know has lost thousands in buying power. More money that does not keep up with the rate of inflation is not something a good government aspires to.

The only real way the dip in 2022 hurt anyone is if they had to pull money out during it.

Or if you already had a substantial amount in a 401k. Your annualized growth over the last 3 years is virtually nothing. That is the case for many 401k investors.

Too late for me. I already gained back what was lost, but another $15,000, replacing what we took out to pay the contractor of the new construction of the new pavilion, roofing, gutters and electrical. Like I said, you invest poorly, but I doubt you were a business major, in school, to you are probably not alone. You'll be alright with another 4 years of the Biden administration economy.
Hey, I hear truth social stock dropped like a rock, lowing 25%. Maybe it is time to speculate on a trump venture.:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
You aren't too bright are you? Great you came back what you lost and then a little, so did I. The issue is the annualized growth over the last 3 years is likely minimal because of 2022. Workers love people like you who are easily fooled.

You aren't too bright are you? Great you came back what you lost and then a little, so did I. The issue is the annualized growth over the last 3 years is likely minimal because of 2022. Workers love people like you who are easily fooled.

when you talk long term investing, 3 years is a drop in the bucket.

You really are a glass half empty kind of guy, and not familiar with markets. Your rhetoric is just weak partisan showboat attempts. I like to stay in the real world. If I am better off, it is not because of Joe. It is because I am a better manager than the MAGA chumps. Maybe you will normalize out, someday.

Forum List

Back