For those of you who think they are better off

Not to burst your bubble, but 4 more years of Biden/Harris won't be pretty for your investments or your income.
It’s already bad.
What those idiot defenders of this administration can’t seem to grasp is that their investments are representing reduced capital. They’re inflated due to democrat energy and Covid money-printing policy.
For those of us middle class people down here on the ground, those capital reductions are more drastic and painful.

Overall, I am not doing better under Biden than I was under Trump. I have far less disposable income.
That is a fact for the vast majority of Americans. And those who have the same or a bit more disposable income find it buys far less in this inflationary economy. Most have thousands of dollars less buying power now. The rich don't feel it and might even be better off in spite of a crappy economy. Most of us do feel it. And we feel it the most when we buy groceries, pay our utility bills, and manage other necessities of life.

For those who think you are better off now than you were 4 years ago, let's go shopping.
It's amazing how the left think they can blow sunshine up voter's asses while knowing that everyone goes to the grocery store. Even the dumbest of the dumb and poorest of the poor can see the difference in rents, groceries, and everything else.

Not to burst your bubble, but 4 more years of Biden/Harris won't be pretty for your investments or your income.

Whichever one wins in Nov, nothing will change for me and mine. We do not rely on the POTUS to make our lives better.

Just curious, but what President in recent history had to deal with an event as impactful as COVID?

Bush II and 9/11 comes to mind

Do you really believe that Biden would have handled the situation better?

Nope, Biden sucks too. Neither one of them should ever see the inside of the oval office again. Yet we as a country are stuck choosing between them. It is a national embarrassment and enough to convince my wife and I this is not the country we want to live in once retired.

I would argue that the only reason the market recovered so quickly in the US following the pandemic was because of Trump's strong economy. The current Biden economy could not withstand such a hit.

Outside of the bout with inflation it is the same damn economy

So for the sake of argument if Trump were president today, what do you think the inflation rate would be and why?
Democrats are responsible for our high inflation. They closed the country down for Covid, causing supply chain problems when the country was opened back up. Biden got out of Afghanistan so badly it encouraged Putin to invade Ukraine, which also led to higher inflation in a number of ways. Democrats passed legislation more than once over Republicans opposition, which also contributed to inflation. Democrats also promoted higher wages, which increases prices. Democrats also promoted green energy, which also increases inflation. Democrats have allowed an open border, further straining our economy. Biden and the dems also took office and started allowing aid to Palestinians, which they in turn used to build military infrastructure which eventually led to their terrorist attack, which has also led to worldwide inflation.

Last edited:
Democrats are responsible for our high inflation. They closed the country down for Covid, causing supply chain problems when the country was opened back up.
Are you saying that republicans were against shutting the country down when COVID first struck?
Biden got out of Afghanistan so badly it encouraged Putin to invade Ukraine, which also led to higher inflation in a number of ways.
Why did Trump reduce the number of US troops from 13000 to 2500? Had Trump won the last election his plan was to remove them sooner than Pres. Biden did.
Democrats passed legislation more than once over Republicans opposition, which also contributed to inflation.
Name the legislation you are speaking of.
Democrats also promoted higher wages, which increases prices. Democrats also promoted green energy, which also increases inflation. Democrats have allowed and open border, further straining our economy.
So if you get a raise on your job does it promote higher prices?

Give me the bills that allowed an open border.

Why? Because they don't fit the false narrative you are putting out.
No, because the government wants the numbers to be true, so where did the numbers come from? The government.

And remember when you all thought the price of gas was coming down? Because the government said so?
As the only country that isn't allowed to use its own gas and oil, now that we are oil beggars, the Arabs decide what we will pay.
Trump's >$40 was much better than $85.<Biden for crude, don't you think?

Dumb ass Trump was President, when I caught Covid on a ski trip. Dumbass trump was president when he praised the Communist Chinese for their handling of the virus. Dumbass trump was president when we were sent to lock down. Dumbass Trump was president when he was recommending UV Light and bleach. Dumbass trump was President when he signed the $2.2 Trillion Covid Cares Package, that put all that free money into the economy. Dumbass Trump was president when most went back to work, except for the oil industry. Dumbass Trump was president right up to when he lost the election during the covid pandemic year, probably for the pitiful way he handled it. It was 4 years ago and I am better off now, by far. Dumbass Trump's Covid epidemic sucked to live through, though many didn't live through it. Many that attended his no mask required rallies, died as a result of it. The only smart thing Dumbass trump did in regards to Covid was take modern science Covid drugs, instead of fish tank cleaner or malaria drugs, to save his worthless ass, during his
pandemic.;)

The fact remains, TRUMP DID NOT LOCK DOWN THE COUNTRY, and you're a total fucking liar for claiming he did.

I lived through all of that, too. It was nice to see how trump energy policy got us into the black especially after Obama energy policy.
In comes more demmunism and more bad policy and everything goes back into the Obama crapper and then some. You’ve lost money. You’re continuing to lose money and many others are losing a greater proportion of money. And you excuse it.
Shame on you.
I am not losing jack. Sorry you aren't a very good manager.

No, because the government wants the numbers to be true, so where did the numbers come from? The government.

And remember when you all thought the price of gas was coming down? Because the government said so?
As the only country that isn't allowed to use its own gas and oil, now that we are oil beggars, the Arabs decide what we will pay.
Trump's >$40 was much better than $85.<Biden for crude, don't you think?
It's amazing how you believe the gov't when it puts Trump in a positive light, but when the same entities put Biden in one, now it's false. Smfh.

Unless you have a very little invested, I fail to see how a $15,000 gain over the last 2 years is what you would consider a good return. If you only had 100k invested, 15k would be less than 7.5% annualized when you account for compounding, which is ok, not great, but ok. If you had 200k, it would be less than 3.75%. You get the picture...or maybe you don't. Either you don't have much money invested, or you simply don't understand that you really didn't do very well.
You don't get it. We had a drop on three consecutive quarters, gained back in the fourth, continued gains after that, took out 15 last summer, made that back and continuing to gain and that was just on wife's accounts. Most of mine backed against S&P where I cannot lose, but can not make more than 7.5%. I never failed to get a return when snapshot taken, and I guess I will max this time. Investing is best diversified, and ours is. We listened to our guy on hers, and he was correct. I listened to banker on mine and her advice has been correct. We aren't trying to get rich, simple stay well ahead, and we are, so it is there, if we need it. Except for building project, we haven't needed it since we retired, but cheaper to take out, than borrow, while we maintain our lifestyle, we chose, as we both have multiple retirement income. It is like our cars. We like what we paid, like the performance, have very little maintenance expense and are happy with them. Am I a small investor. Yes, ever since the Bush crash, but managed that well enough to retire secure on schedule, as it was not worth it to me to keep playing the game, when I could comfortably retire on schedule with what I had.

You can whine all you like about how yours has turned out under Biden, but ours just didn't turn out bad, like yours did and I attribute that to your mix, your selections, the guidance you listened to and the guidance you rejected. I am not hoping for Donny to come back for any kind of financial reason. I am good. Just because he wheels and deals on OPM, where the OP lose and he wins does not impress me. You are just easily impressed. So we will keep hanging out by the pool, taking our Florida beach condo vacations, the kayak trips, the Colorado ski trips and still staying ahead of the game. Plus, we will be voting Biden, as we have seen how the economy performs and overall it it quite good enough for our purposes. Good luck to you and yours.

Forum List

Back