For those of you who think Obama is a liar...

What he is saying is true or mostly true less than half of the time based on statements they have evaluated, and that is supposed to demonstrate integrity? Come off it. He's a politician like most any other.

If you can find me a politician who does not tell lies, then I will gladly recant what I just said.

So because "all" politicians tell lies, we should simply accept that and not seek out honest people to represent us?

The reason we have corrupt individuals representing us is because we are corrupt as a people and we need to start being honest in our own lives before we can find others like us to represent us.

I wasn't aware that being a liar was somehow dependent upon the actions of others.
Merriam-Webster said:
li·ar

noun \ˈlī(-ə)r\

Definition of LIAR

: a person who tells lies
Yep, not seeing that in the definition.

Obama is a liar. Deal with it.

See the second link in my signature.

Every politician tells lies, but I think PolitiFact proves he is a man of integrity.

Let me see if I understand your position, you are trying to say that because Politifact is saying he told the truth 80 out of the 330 (24%) of the statements they tested I am supposed to admit he is not a liar?

Every politician tells lies, but I think PolitiFact proves he is a man of integrity.

Let me see if I understand your position, you are trying to say that because Politifact is saying he told the truth 80 out of the 330 (24%) of the statements they tested I am supposed to admit he is not a liar?
And, a man of integrity.

And, a man of integrity.

A politician with integrity? :lol::lol: That's very funny.

The numbers of "True", "Mostly True" in comparison to the "Pants on Fire", "False", and "Mostly False" statements

And half truths are as good as a lie, Billy, so just to be clear, it's Kudos for Barry because he doesn't tell lies all the time? Got it.....I put politicians carreers right there with lawyers and used car salesman. (except Jillian of course)......so I don't know about the values on which you speak.

Half truths are as good as half lies. Yes, it does mean kudos to Barry that he does not tell likes all the time. Again, if you can find me a politician that never lies, then I will recant my statement about his integrity.

People who 'like' (lie) do not have integrity.

Are you trying to prove how dumb you are?

It proves he is a constant liar. Why you think it proves integrity is beyond me.

Hmmmm.....remember Bush's lie during his campaign regarding "nation building"? Too bad that lie cost us thousands of our soldiers' lives.

yep, sure do.

and that has what to do with obama's *integrity*?

*mom, he did it too* is so lame.

guantanamo, signing statements, *transparency*, no lobbyists...

any of that ring a bell?

I think most of the lies that politicians tell are campaign-related.

Yet, Obama does it just opening his mouth daily.

I think this proves otherwise :cuckoo:

How do you figure? Everything after "true" would be lying, by definition. I'd say you just proved that Obama is a lying sack of shit. Which statements did he make that got graded as "true"? Every time he said, "My name is Barack Obama"?

Hi, you have received -1127 reputation points from California Girl.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
too bad that you choose to use our war dead for your gross political point scoring. Shame on you.

Too bad California Girl doesn't know me well enough by now to know how I feel about the Iraq Invasion and Occupation. After watching my best friend bury his son that bravely lost his life over there I hate that Bush cost us that many lives FOR NO GOOD REASON. And my best friend feels the same way.

It's too bad that she can sit around and defend that awful waste of human life. But hey, it's her conscience. I guess she just doesn't know any better.

Last edited:
What he is saying is true or mostly true less than half of the time based on statements they have evaluated, and that is supposed to demonstrate integrity? Come off it. He's a politician like most any other.

If you can find me a politician who does not tell lies, then I will gladly recant what I just said.

So because "all" politicians tell lies, we should simply accept that and not seek out honest people to represent us?

The reason we have corrupt individuals representing us is because we are corrupt as a people and we need to start being honest in our own lives before we can find others like us to represent us.

While you are may be right about that, wouldn't this be proof that Obama is the lesser of the evils?

Yet, Obama does it just opening his mouth daily.

How do you figure? Everything after "true" would be lying, by definition. I'd say you just proved that Obama is a lying sack of shit. Which statements did he make that got graded as "true"? Every time he said, "My name is Barack Obama"?

Why don't you open the link and see for yourself? Why can't anyone here just admit that Obama has told the truth more than he has lied? Is it really that difficult?

Why don't you open the link and see for yourself? Why can't anyone here just admit that Obama has told the truth more than he has lied? Is it really that difficult?

As measured by the statements politifact graded, this is not so.

Furthermore, MOST people tell the truth more than they lie. Even liars do. People who lie the majority of the time are easily discounted. Lies need to be cushioned in truths to get suckers to believe.

If you think that it takes 51% of Obama's statements being lies before he can be claimed to lack integrity that says very scary things about you.

Super scary.

While you are may be right about that, wouldn't this be proof that Obama is the lesser of the evils?

No.

Because he hasn't. As I pointed out the first time I responded, a record of telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth 80 times out of 330 statements checked is a far cry from telling the truth more often than not.

Forum List

Back