For this British woman, living alone and terrified....I suggest a 9mm or .45 caliber pistol....oh...she lives in Britain....she's a victim.......

Because the answer is far from "obvious" and much more complex than a simple "yes" or "no".

As I've stated countless times, when it was legal to own handguns in the UK I owned three. I enjoyed going to my gun club range. In my time, I've shot every calibre from .22 to .50. I have no objections to stable and responsible people, being properly trained and vetted, owning firearms. What I object to is allowing any Tom, Dick or Harriett to acquire deadly weapons, with minimal vetting and no training, and being allowed to walk around in public carrying loaded guns as you do in the US.

Gun control in the UK works for us as a civilised society.

Hmmm...another grandmother......much tougher stuff apparently than British women....

Because the answer is far from "obvious" and much more complex than a simple "yes" or "no".

As I've stated countless times, when it was legal to own handguns in the UK I owned three. I enjoyed going to my gun club range. In my time, I've shot every calibre from .22 to .50. I have no objections to stable and responsible people, being properly trained and vetted, owning firearms. What I object to is allowing any Tom, Dick or Harriett to acquire deadly weapons, with minimal vetting and no training, and being allowed to walk around in public carrying loaded guns as you do in the US.

American Grand Mothers......much, much tougher stuff......she actually used a shotgun...

Even a Great, Grandmother....with a pistol......wow......seems that women can, and do, use guns effectively to stop violent criminals.......imagine that....

Guns in Scotland? ... yeah, right ... we need to let the British manage themselves, they're not Americans, we can't expect them to understand freedom ...

Sounds like the woman has mental health issues and wouldn't be allowed to own a gun in the USA ... I'm surprised you didn't know that's the law here ... nothing scarier than a gun-nut with no respect for Law and Order ...
From the Biden school of self-defense. Both barrels in the air will scare the hardened criminals away, right ?
"For firearms other than a shotgun, applicants must give police a "good reason" for wanting to own one. Hunting or being a member of a shooting club, for example, might be seen as good reasons. Self-defense won't be considered a valid reason."

From the Biden school of self-defense.

If you want to make an argument, make it honestly. You can own guns in the UK. Yes it is more restrictive than here but you can.

Also what others do has no relevance to what we do. They do not have 2nd Amendment protections.

If you want to make an argument, make it honestly. You can own guns in the UK. Yes it is more restrictive than here but you can.

Also what others do has no relevance to what we do. They do not have 2nd Amendment protections.
I made an honest argument. The Brits can not own a firearm for self-defense, it stated as much in the article you posted. So my Biden reference was spot on.

"I said, ‘Jill, if there’s ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here … walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house." Joe Biden on self-defense.

I made an honest argument. The Brits can not own a firearm for self-defense, it stated as much in the article you posted. So my Biden reference was spot on.

"I said, ‘Jill, if there’s ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here … walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house." Joe Biden on self-defense.

I care less what Biden thinks.

I care less what Biden thinks.
You should when his advice is down right dangerous. From a women unloading both barrels of a shotgun to suggesting out loud regime change for a country with the largest nuclear arsenal in the world and a lunatic in charge of it. Everyone should care.

You should when his advice is down right dangerous. From a women unloading both barrels of a shotgun to suggesting out loud regime change for a country with the largest nuclear arsenal in the world and a lunatic in charge of it. Everyone should care.

All of which has NOTHING to do with the topic of gun rights in the U.K.

No it is not.
Kinda is. The left is always holding up the British and other Western countries as the epitome of gun control. Those countries have never had a guaranteed right to bear arms and that is what the left wants for the US, European gun control.

Kinda is. The left is always holding up the British and other Western countries as the epitome of gun control. Those countries have never had a guaranteed right to bear arms and that is what the left wants for the US, European gun control.

Argue it honestly.

Argue it honestly.
That's about as honest as it can get. The European style of gun control that the left adores is incompatible with the US Constitution. If the left wanted to be honest and do things legally they would call for a Constitutional Convention and vote on an amendment, but they know that will never happen. So it's illegal bans and relying on leftest judges to make unconstitutional rulings.

That's about as honest as it can get. The European style of gun control that the left adores is incompatible with the US Constitution.

Which isn't something I argued otherwise.

If the left wanted to be honest and do things legally they would call for a Constitutional Convention and vote on an amendment, but they know that will never happen. So it's illegal bans and relying on leftest judges to make unconstitutional rulings.

Which has nothing to do with UK gun regulations.

Forum List

Back