For this British woman, living alone and terrified....I suggest a 9mm or .45 caliber pistol....oh...she lives in Britain....she's a victim.......

This is a lie.

As already correctly noted, she can own a shotgun, which is the overall best firearm for home self-defense.
She really doesn't need a shotgun, I get the impression that homes in America are easy to break into. In the UK all you need are composite three point doors and ABS locks, capable of resisting crowbars and even police "battering rams".

Armed housebreakers? Fair enough, but did she warn them she was armed? The footage implies she fired first and the burglars ran away. This would make her actions legally questionable. Shooting at someone running away, in the UK would open the shooter to charges of manslaughter at the very least. For example, Tony Martin (farmer) - Wikipedia

Wow......you really are a wimpy Brit......several home invaders and you are all ready to go after the victim and destroy her.........

Yep....she should lay back, let them take their turns, maybe even apologize for not cleaning up the house before their home invasion....

You really do have an odd way of looking at criminals and victims........all set to put the full weight of the law against the innocent, while explaining away the violence of the criminal...

We have that here,with our leftists, in particular our current democrat party Supreme Court Justice who likes pedophiles...what is it with you leftists and sex crimes...... but at least we are fighting to try to stop them...

Here.....this woman should have simply surrendered to the invader, let him beat or murder her boyfriend and then submitted to whatever the criminal wanted........right?

You lame ass...

This is a lie.

As already correctly noted, she can own a shotgun, which is the overall best firearm for home self-defense.

A shotgun is not the best weapon for self defense, especially for a smaller woman.....this is why we have choice in the type of gun we own....an AR-15, which is in many ways superior to a shotgun, and then you have pistols, which you can also carry outside of the home....

Because the answer is far from "obvious" and much more complex than a simple "yes" or "no".

As I've stated countless times, when it was legal to own handguns in the UK I owned three. I enjoyed going to my gun club range. In my time, I've shot every calibre from .22 to .50. I have no objections to stable and responsible people, being properly trained and vetted, owning firearms. What I object to is allowing any Tom, Dick or Harriett to acquire deadly weapons, with minimal vetting and no training, and being allowed to walk around in public carrying loaded guns as you do in the US.

Gun control in the UK works for us as a civilised society.

Your illusion of gun control is crumbling....your criminals are no longer afraid of your police, and they need more and more guns to enforce their will on their competition........

Presumably, you've already been "defenceless" for months or years prior to wanting to apply for a firearms certificate. If you're in that much imminent danger, tell the local police.
The police will tell you they dont have the manpower to station an armed guard outside your home

who do you think you are?

the mayor?

Last edited:
Oh, BTW, I did a bit of research on this, and the incident is real. The woman was a serving military police officer in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Safe to assume she was trained in situational awareness and firearms and presumably had some experience in a dangerous environment. Not sure how matters would have played out if she had been a civilian who had bought a gun for "comfort" with no or minimal training, caught by surprise.

Safe to assume that with the low quality of police training in Sao Paulo, Brazil, she would be lucky to fire her gun once a year as a police officer........which just shows that guns are not difficult to use even with little to no training....

Like these women....who managed to use their guns without being Navy SEALs, S.A.S. commandos, or even F.B.I. enforcers for the democrat party here in the states....

The shooting from the home invasion is in this collection...

Mother Shoots Intruder 'Multiple Times' to Save Baby - Breitbart

An Indianapolis mother shot a man “multiple times” after he allegedly broke into the home through the window in the baby’s room.

According to CBS 4, family members said that around noon on March 24, the woman “heard the window get busted and she called her husband and said I think somebody’s breaking in the house.”

She grabbed her pistol and ran toward the sound of breaking glass, only to be confronted by the alleged intruder who shot at her, but missed.

The mother then opened fire and struck the suspect “multiple times.” He was transported to a hospital for treatment.

In addition to being armed, a 911 dispatcher said the suspect was “carrying zip ties and a walkie-talkie.”

======
CCW IN ACTION: Armed 22-Year-Old Woman Stops Three Men Attempting To Rob Her In Store Parking Lot – Concealed Nation

OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA — A concealed carrier successfully thwarted the efforts of three men to rob her late at night outside a Dollar Tree. According to police reports from the scene, the woman was exiting the Dollar Tree and heading to her car when she was approached by a man and asked to walk with him. When she refused, he point-blank told her he was going to rob her of her purse.

At this point, according to KOCO, she was presented by two other men backing up the first. She withdrew her concealed carry pistol from her purse and threatened to use it to protect herself. All three men quickly exited and fled the scene.
===========
Woman Scares off Assailant With Stick. Just Kidding, it was a gun.

Just before 7pm on Wednesday night, a 29 year-old woman had gathered up her dog and headed outside to… well, to let her dog do what dogs do.

Upon her first step outside her Minot, North Dakota home, she was hit solidly in the face with a blunt object, knocking her backward down the stairs and into her home.

Her assailant followed her into her home and started to approach her, but the woman had made it to a cabinet where she retrieved a handgun to protect herself and her home.

When confronted with the firearm, the violent intruder and would-be robber/rapist/murderer fled the scene.

The smart, independent, gun-owning woman did not require medical attention, most likely due to the fact that she was able to pull a weapon on her assailant to end the attack.
==============
DGU of the Day: Trotwood Ohio Woman Defeats Three Home Invaders - The Truth About Guns

Three men break into a home in Trotwood, Ohio. [Click here to watch the video.] They’re all armed. It is before 6 am, just three days after Christmas. One of the men is armed with a Tec-9 pistol. He enters last. The other two hold what appear to be conventional semi-auto pistols. They bypass two sleeping children to find the mother. The surveillance video shows the three following the mother after they pistol whipped her in the laundry room.

The man directly behind her has the Tec-9. Presumably holds her at gunpoint while the other two attempt to drag off a safe, in a room with two more children. While the two men are occupied with the safe, the woman breaks free from her captor, accesses a hidden pistol, and starts to fire.

All three run, but the Tec-9 gunman, Azikiwe Presley, is mortally wounded. His body is found 100 yards from the house. From wdtn.com:

“I got my gun and I started shooting and they ran,” the female caller told dispatchers. “They all three had guns, I’m confused … they must not have had bullets because after I pulled the trigger they just took off, instead of firing back. I don’t know if I hit one or not, I don’t see blood anywhere.”

In this case, the recipient of female dedication to protecting innocent life ran a hundred yards and died. It is not uncommon for a man who is fatally shot to run that far, even with a heart/lung shot. As he was likely the one holding the woman at gunpoint, and the closest, greatest, threat with the Tec-9, it is not surprising that he drew the lethal ticket. Whether through choice or happenstance, the mother made the right tactical decision.
=========
Concealed Carrier Holds Burglar At Gunpoint With Her FNX .45

CLEVELAND, TENNESSEE — A woman successfully subdued a would-be burglar outside her home using her FNX .45. The suspect, James Jeffrey Dunn, was allegedly trying to break in through her front door late at night. She got her handgun and confronted the burglar, according to WRCB. Once at the doorway, she yelled through the door for him to stay put and not move. Moments later, she confronted him head-on — handgun drawn and ready to go.

via WRCB

“I tried to order him to stay right where he was at and I pointed the gun at him and I came running off the porch and I came within 10 feet of him and he laid the bicycle down and he crumpled on top of the bicycle,” she says.

She held him at gunpoint until Cleveland Police arrived and arrested Dunn, 35, on charges of aggravated burglary, theft, and burglary of a motor vehicle. Police note that Dunn had an arrest sheet tallying over 40 charges — the most recent being only 6 hours prior to his attempted burglary of this concealed carrier.

“We went over this when we got my concealed carry permit, these types of scenarios. But I had already put that gun up and ever taken it out since, you know?” she says. “Maybe to go the range once.”

When we talk about the new generation of concealed carriers, let’s take a good long look at the realities these people are facing: hardened, career criminals unafraid to bust through the door or do damage to private property and persons. It’s a good thing this woman had the proper training she needed and the right equipment.
======

Armed South Carolina Woman Chases Off Daytime Home Invader - The Truth About Guns

When Ms. Reeves ran across Ralph Goss slithering around inside her home yesterday in the middle of the afternoon, she drew her firearm. Staring down that barrel was enough to change Goss’s mind about whatever it was he had planned.

“I’m one of those people that can go from zero to a hundred in 2.5 seconds and I’m not a nice person normally, but as soon as I got on the phone with the sheriff’s department he was out of sight. The severity of it hit me, and I was in hysterics. I was crying, I was scared, I was very shaken.”

Oconee County deputies tracked Goss down within hours of Ms. Reeves’ call. And surprise! He already had several outstanding warrants for his arrest.

===============

Oh, BTW, I did a bit of research on this, and the incident is real. The woman was a serving military police officer in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Safe to assume she was trained in situational awareness and firearms and presumably had some experience in a dangerous environment. Not sure how matters would have played out if she had been a civilian who had bought a gun for "comfort" with no or minimal training, caught by surprise.

And more civilian females.....do you know what a "Woman," is...or are you "not a biologist," too?

Using guns even without being members of SEAL team 6....

What you feel about guns is not based in truth, facts or reality....

Attacker with knife flees after woman reveals her concealed carry gun, police say

A woman in Illinois was reportedly able to protect herself with her concealed carry firearm after a stranger with a knife jumped into her car.

Police said a woman who was parked near a shopping mall in Moline on Sunday was attacked by a man who fought his way into her car, according to WQAD 8.

During the fight, the man reportedly slashed the woman’s arm with a knife. He then ordered the woman to drive to Rock Island County, a rural area, according to police.

Once the woman stopped the car, she was able to reach her gun, which she had a concealed carry firearm permit for, WQAD 8 reported.

After the attacker saw the weapon, he reportedly ran off and she was able to drive herself to the hospital.

Police subsequently opened an investigation and arrested Floyd R. May, 61.

May was charged with aggravated kidnapping, aggravated battery with a weapon, unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and aggravated assault.

This one...for you it would be better had she just died....right? Instead, she used a gun to stop the attack...

About 4:05 p.m. Oct. 5, the 25-year-old man was shot in the chest when he stabbed the 25-year-old woman multiple times in the 4000 block of West 21st Street, Chicago Police said.

The woman was taken in serious condition to Mount Sinai Hospital, and the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 4:48 p.m., authorities said.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office identified him as Pleasure Cardell Singleton Jr.

The stabbing was believed to be a domestic incident, police said, but the nature of the relationship between the two wasn’t released.

======

Because the answer is far from "obvious" and much more complex than a simple "yes" or "no".

As I've stated countless times, when it was legal to own handguns in the UK I owned three. I enjoyed going to my gun club range. In my time, I've shot every calibre from .22 to .50. I have no objections to stable and responsible people, being properly trained and vetted, owning firearms. What I object to is allowing any Tom, Dick or Harriett to acquire deadly weapons, with minimal vetting and no training, and being allowed to walk around in public carrying loaded guns as you do in the US.

Another woman.....Not a Special Forces operator.......

Police: Armed Woman Stops Road Rage Attacker with One Shot - Breitbart

Police in Glendale, Arizona, say an armed woman stopped a road rage attacker with one shot on Wednesday.
The armed motorist repeatedly said she was armed but the attacker ignored her warnings.

According to 3 TV/CBS 5, Glendale Police Sgt. Scott Waite said a driver that was cut off by another vehicle at 67th and Olive Avenues, and then followed the vehicle “to 59th Avenue and Bell Road where a physical altercation took place.”

The road rage suspect allegedly approached the car and struck the passenger in the face, at which point the female driver exited the vehicle and announced that she was armed. Unfazed, “the suspect then [allegedly] approached the armed driver and punched her in the face and continued to assault her, putting her into a headlock.”

Waite said the road rage suspect kept attacking the driver, even though the driver continued warning that she was armed. Realizing there was no other option, the driver then fired one shot, “ending the fight.”

A witness of the incident told 12 News, “One of them broke the car window of another car pulled the lady out and they started fighting in the middle of the street. One got on top of the other and the girl just pulled out a gun and shot her in the gut.”

17...... could only join the military with a permission slip from her parents....so likely not a seasoned Navey SEAL....

17-Year-Old Spokane Girl Grabs Dad's Gun, Scares Off Home Intruder

On Monday morning, a 17-year-old Spokane girl gave a suspected car thief a rude reception when he invaded her house; brandishing her father’s gun in his face before he fled like a scared rabbit.

The entire sequence of events started at roughly 5:00 a.m. when deputies spotted a stolen car in the Wandermere area. Once they started pursuing the suspect, he fled on foot.

The police provided updates on the The Wake Up Show on KHQ. Meanwhile, 17-year-old Kimber Wood's boyfriend and parents saw the updates, before they left for work. Her boyfriend met some deputies on his way, then called Kimber to inform him of what was happening.

Kimber called her father to ask if she could grab one of his guns. He assented, whereupon she placed it under her pillow and went back to sleep.

She awakened and heard an intruder, prompting her to grab the gun. Hiding behind her makeup vanity, she suddenly came face to face with the car thief.

Brandishing her gun, she pointed it at the suspect and said, "Who are you?" and "Get the (expletive) out of my house!"

The thief beat a hasty retreat after stealing her boyfriend’s ATV; but Kimber wanted to make sure he got the message, firing one shot into the ground as he fled.

Hmmmmm.....even a Pastor's wife is able to use a gun to stop an attack.......

American women......obviously made from tougher stuff than your British women........

I don't think this woman was a trained FBI agent.....just a Pastor's wife...

Pastor's wife shoots suspect during robbery in NE Philadelphia

The pastor was hit in the head with the rifle by the bandit.

His wife then pulled out a gun, she was licensed to carry, and shot the suspect in the leg, police say.

Pastor Robert Cook describes the moment his wife shot the suspect.

"And I turned like I was going to get my wallet, but I was stalling. And he hit me in the head with the gun. He swung it like a baseball bat.
And everything was like lightning for a minute. And then I heard my wife saying, drop the gun, drop the gun. I'm like she's got her gun. He turns towards her, and I said, shoot him, shoot him. And she shot him."

The suspect ran off bleeding from the scene, jumped onto the running board of a passing SUV while tossing the rifle.
Police put out description of that man, and a few minutes later, he was spotted near Frankford Hospital.

American women...tougher stuff than the submissive women of the U.K......

With a gun to her head, she still manages to out shoot the criminal.....likely you would prosecute her for defending herself...probably send her to prison longer than the criminal....you are such a doofus....

With a Gun to her Head, This Woman Knew How to Level the Playing Field (and her assailant)

Police in Glendale, AZ said it was in the early morning hours on Monday when 23-year-old Carol Miracle stopped in at a Circle K convenience store at 59th Avenue and Camelback Road and encountered a violent armed robber.

When police responded to a call of shots fired at approximately 1 a.m., witnesses at the scene said they saw 27-year-old Frank Taylor holding a gun to Carol’s head in an apparent armed robbery.
But even with a gun to her head, the young woman knew how to level the playing field with her assailant, and was well equipped to do so.

As Taylor held the barrel to her skull, Carol reached for her own gun holstered at her hip. She drew her weapon and took aim, firing one shot to end the attack.

Taylor was transported to a nearby hospital where he died from his injuries.

Police said Carol also called 9-1-1 to report the shooting from her home, which is in walking distance from the convenience store, and told police she was in fear for her life.

14 years old....definitely couldn't be in the military or on the police force...likely little to no training....but manages to safe herself and family after being shot....

After seeing her mother’s fiancé shot multiple times, a Las Vegas teen picked up a gun and fired back at home invaders after she’d been shot in the leg.

Here....something you can't see in the U.K.....

This woman....does not sound like a Navy SEAL.....but manages to use an AR-15 to drive off 3, really stupid home invaders......she warned them, they still tried to attack her....the idiots....

Maybe they were british...

Another stupid criminal...another armed American woman..........

Hmmm....a grandmother....perhaps before she became a grandmother, she was a Special Forces Operator.....but highly unlikely....

Forum List

Back