For Tesla Owner, Losing a Wheel Was Just the First Surprise

So this liberal buys a batterymobile with solar panels on the roof to save the planet. Then he parks it in the underground garage at the office and is puzzled why it wont' run when he gets off work. Then somebody explains it to him and he takes to the picket line demanding that government provide free sunlamps, powered by coal--produced electricity, for the entire basement level. And feels proud that he has done so much to save the.........

Without billions of government grants and credits Tesla wouldn't exist

Elon Musk is a big con artist.

Who makes the best car I've ever owned. You should drive one.

No thank you. I don't purchase products I don't want just to impress other people.

Several of my neighbors own Teslas, which from their feedback sound like a pain in the ass. I also work part of the week in Silicon Valley, and have heard the horror stories of people not being able to find places to recharge their plug-ins. I don't want to have to show up for work at 5am just to get the parking spot with an electrical hook up.

No thank you. I don't purchase products I don't want just to impress other people.

If I wanted to impress people I'd have purchased a Rolls Royce, but since I'm a car nut that dislikes driving a house.....no thank you.

Several of my neighbors own Teslas, which from their feedback sound like a pain in the ass. I also work part of the week in Silicon Valley, and have heard the horror stories of people not being able to find places to recharge their plug-ins. I don't want to have to show up for work at 5am just to get the parking spot with an electrical hook up.

I'm a Tesla owner, and I know many, and haven't heard of the 'pain in the ass' problems. Why don't you list some for me.

People can't find charge stations in Silicon Valley? Aren't the more prevalent than Starbucks? I just checked the list, there are 490 between Santa Clara and Mountain View. Isn't that enough?

The only thing that scares me about the Tesla is that it has a computer that learns. Think of the implications of that.

It's rather telling that a Prog like you buys a car that needs huge subsidies from the Gubmint to be even remotely affordable.

490 stations - bfd. Who wants to sit at a charging station for a few hours? Only a moron would be entertained by that activity.
It is rather telling that you are either that stupid or that addicted to lying.

Tesla Charging | Tesla Motors

SUPERCHARGE!
300 MILES RANGE PER HOUR OF CHARGE
The Tesla Supercharger recharges Model S quickly. Super quickly. Superchargers are for refueling quickly on road trips. A Supercharger can replenish half the battery in as little as 20 minutes. Superchargers will be positioned at convenient locations along major interstates throughout the country.

So this liberal buys a batterymobile with solar panels on the roof to save the planet. Then he parks it in the underground garage at the office and is puzzled why it wont' run when he gets off work. Then somebody explains it to him and he takes to the picket line demanding that government provide free sunlamps, powered by coal--produced electricity, for the entire basement level. And feels proud that he has done so much to save the.........
Dang, talk about really stupid people.

It's America. People are free to buy efficient diesels and green cars without BigOil blocking imports and manufacturing of these green cars so that you have to buy one of their gas guzzlers all over again.

We are NEVER returning to the guzzlers. This nation can't afford it. This thread is such a blatant attempt to shut off free choice to the consumers that it's laughable.

BigOil successfully used a loophole to permanently ban VW diesel imports, just because of an emissions issue that didn't meet American standards. Why not just let them correct it? Because the goal wasn't to correct it. The goal was to keep those very efficient cars from coming in the country for sale at all.

You will see more and more of this into the near future; especially if a republican gets elected. Efficient cars are VERY popular with voters. And the GOP had damned well better beware in the end of how they are perceived by voters. Their party came near death this year and still is on the rocks. Will the GOP throw itself off a cliff for the BigOil lobbiests? No better way to alienate middle votes than to take away their efficient cars. There are too many of them on the road making people way too happy for too long. Almost a decade now. Ripping that choice away is going to backfire.

If I wanted to impress people I'd have purchased a Rolls Royce, but since I'm a car nut that dislikes driving a house.....no thank you.

I'm a Tesla owner, and I know many, and haven't heard of the 'pain in the ass' problems. Why don't you list some for me.

People can't find charge stations in Silicon Valley? Aren't the more prevalent than Starbucks? I just checked the list, there are 490 between Santa Clara and Mountain View. Isn't that enough?

The only thing that scares me about the Tesla is that it has a computer that learns. Think of the implications of that.

It's rather telling that a Prog like you buys a car that needs huge subsidies from the Gubmint to be even remotely affordable.

490 stations - bfd. Who wants to sit at a charging station for a few hours? Only a moron would be entertained by that activity.

Tesla Ch

[URL='https://www.teslamotors.com/models-charging#/onthego']Tesla Charging | Tesla Motors
SUPERCHARGE!
The Tesla Supercharger recharges Model S quickly. Super quickly. Superchargers are for refueling quickly on road trips. A Supercharger can replenish half the battery in as little as 20 minutes. Superchargers will be positioned at convenient locations along major interstates throughout the country.

arging | Tesla Motors[/URL]

SUPERCHARGE!

A supercharager station doesn't do one any good if one is not near one, bub.

Tesla Enthusiasts remind me of the old Aesop fable about the fox whose tail is cut off. Said fox tries to convince all of the other foxes to cut off their own tails because....misery loves company.

Tesla says the 60-kwh battery provides a range of up to 232 miles (the EPA pegs it at 208 miles), and the 85-kwh battery (a $10,000 option) provides up to 300 miles (the EPA puts it at 265 miles). Here are some examples for recharging times: With a single onboard charger plugged into a standard 110-volt outlet, Tesla says you will get 5 miles of range for every hour of charging. From zero to 300 miles would take about 52 hours at that rate. With a single charger connected to a 240-volt outlet, which Tesla recommends, the pace speeds up to 31 miles of range for each hour of charging, and a full 300-mile charge takes less than 9.5 hours.

Step up to twin chargers on the car and connect to a 240-volt, high-power wall charger (an extra-cost charging unit, not just a 240-volt line) and the charging speed zooms to 62 miles of range per hour, and the total charging time drops to under 4 hours, 45 minutes....

How Quickly Does the Tesla Model S' Battery Charge?

BigOil sayz: "Green cars are bad...here's why they are bad...bad bad BAD!...you should never buy one....scratch that...we're going to make laws through lobbying that you can't buy one even if you want to!....bad...bad...BAD!... (for BigOil business..)"...

Tesla Ch

Tesla Charging | Tesla Motors

SUPERCHARGE!

arging | Tesla Motors

SUPERCHARGE!

A supercharager station doesn't do one any good if one is not near one, bub.

Tesla Enthusiasts remind me of the old Aesop fable about the fox whose tail is cut off. Said fox tries to convince all of the other foxes to cut off their own tails because....misery loves company.

Tesla says the 60-kwh battery provides a range of up to 232 miles (the EPA pegs it at 208 miles), and the 85-kwh battery (a $10,000 option) provides up to 300 miles (the EPA puts it at 265 miles). Here are some examples for recharging times: With a single onboard charger plugged into a standard 110-volt outlet, Tesla says you will get 5 miles of range for every hour of charging. From zero to 300 miles would take about 52 hours at that rate. With a single charger connected to a 240-volt outlet, which Tesla recommends, the pace speeds up to 31 miles of range for each hour of charging, and a full 300-mile charge takes less than 9.5 hours.

Step up to twin chargers on the car and connect to a 240-volt, high-power wall charger (an extra-cost charging unit, not just a 240-volt line) and the charging speed zooms to 62 miles of range per hour, and the total charging time drops to under 4 hours, 45 minutes....

How Quickly Does the Tesla Model S' Battery Charge?

Oh, and file this under "Fish in a Barrel": here's a map of the locations of Superchargers in the greater bay area. 4 in the inner bay, plus 2 more if one is willing to drive to MANTECA or GILROY to get a charge.

Tesla.jpg

Find Us | Tesla Motors

BigOil sayz: "Green cars are bad...here's why they are bad...bad bad BAD!...you should never buy one....scratch that...we're going to make laws through lobbying that you can't buy one even if you want to!....bad...bad...BAD!... (for BigOil business..)"...

What a moron. In the real world, individuals like having convenient, cost effective energy. It's what drives economic development, rising standards of living...and cleaner environments.

But I guess you really don't care about all of the ENDANGERED BIRD SPECIES and TORTOISES that are executed by wind and solar panel farms.

What a moron. In the real world, individuals like having convenient, cost effective energy. It's what drives economic development, rising standards of living...and cleaner environments.
So then you're all for lifting the ban on VW jettas and other small diesel super-efficient cars to be sold again in the US? You know, the kind that can utilize biodiesel in a cut with regular diesel. Biodiesel raised from algae and other green methods that actually remove CO2 from the air as the algae grow?

The kind of cars that can fill up at pumps everywhere, anywhere, any time? The kind that get 50-60 mpg on the highway? You're all for that, right?

So then you're all for lifting the ban on VW jettas and other small diesel super-efficient cars to be sold again in the US? You know, the kind that can utilize biodiesel in a cut with regular diesel. Biodiesel raised from algae and other green methods that actually remove CO2 from the air as the algae grow?

The kind of cars that can fill up at pumps everywhere, anywhere, any time? The kind that get 50-60 mpg on the highway? You're all for that, right?

Have you quit beating your dog?

Very few people go more than 60 miles a day around their home. So a supercharger is not an issue for them on a day to day basis. They can charge quickly enough at home a night. And, there are plenty of supercharging stations in most areas on interstates if you are traveling.

Find Us | Tesla Motors

Have you quit beating your dog?
Normally I'd just have this type of reply by you removed by the mods. But instead this time I'm going to address why you introduced nonsense from outer space to my questions.

It's because you needed a diversion. Tell your masters that this time, they're not going to scrap people's choice to not destroy the planet with gas-guzzlers. This time, efficient small & large diesels and green cars where appropriate are going to live on. It's time to find a new industry. Maybe solar thermal power generation. Just lobby Congress to let you monopolize it and fix the price; like you always do. Why is destroying the planet always a prerequisite of the people in the propulsion/transportation and power industries? No, really, why?

one thing is for sure - ford, GM, and Chrysler have never built a lemon
Tesla the company is a lemon, subsidized by the piece of shit federal government. Endorsed by fucked up in the head progressives. Lol

Tesla the company is a lemon, subsidized by the piece of shit federal government. Endorsed by fucked up in the head progressives. Lol
Then let them fail on their own. You think GM is any better than they are? If the People want to choose a "fucked up" car, let them. You should be overjoyed that it would be killing its own label.

Yet for some reason that's not good enough and very quick to respond schills are here milking a thread for Google views in an attempt to pre-emptively discredit Tesla motors. Gee, I wonder why? :popcorn:

Without billions of government grants and credits Tesla wouldn't exist

All business in this country receives direct/in-direct subsidies from the government.

The point you brought up are there aren't enough stations. Yes there are.

I've never sat at a charging station for hours. If I travel over 300 miles, I fly.

What do you expect, his wife has to work the electric can opener.

One by one the schills march in, trying to convince the public why it's much better to run gas guzzlers than efficient green cars & diesels. Wait until they perfect the solar thermal (not solar panel PV) "fillup" stations for electric cars throughout the South and Southwest, with almost nonstop sunshine....Then you'll really hear some whining about how "green cars just don't work!!" and "you're STUPID if you buy one!!!"...

Poor horse and buggy industry. It got SO MAD when the model A hit the streets. Told everyone how terrible those noisy cars were. How they'd never amount to anything..

Then let them fail on their own. You think GM is any better than they are? If the People want to choose a "fucked up" car, let them. You should be overjoyed that it would be killing its own label.

Yet for some reason that's not good enough and very quick to respond schills are here milking a thread for Google views in an attempt to pre-emptively discredit Tesla motors. Gee, I wonder why? :popcorn:

I'd be happy to see them fail on their own. But instead, my tax money is used to prop them up.

All business in this country receives direct/in-direct subsidies from the government.

I've never sat at a charging station for hours. If I travel over 300 miles, I fly.

There aren't enough charging stations, moron. 4 superchargers in the Bay Area is pitiful compared to the abundance of convenient gas stations. I'm not going to drive 30 miles for a supercharge. Only a moron like you would think that is "convenient".

There aren't enough charging stations, moron. 4 superchargers in the Bay Area is pitiful compared to the abundance of convenient gas stations. I'm not going to drive 30 miles for a supercharge. Only a moron like you would think that is "convenient".

The 4 supercharger stations are owned by Tesla. The 486 are private at employers, hotels, etc. All are available to the public. All 20 of the charger stations on the Vegas strip are supercharger.

And has been brought up, how many times per year do you drive over 300 miles?

Forum List

Back