For Rick Perry it's not the heat it's the stupidity

The newest meteor to streak through the Republican primary skies is, of course, Texas Governor Rick Perry. But for Perry, it could be a pretty fast fall back to Earth. Fully feeling the heat of the national media spotlight for the first time, Perry has quickly shown his supporters that the thing that they should worry about most is not the heat — but his stupidity.

Even many of his fellow Republicans denounced his statements about Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke’s quantitative-easing possibly being an act of “treason.” Among others, Bruce Bartlett, a former Treasury Secretary under Republican President George H. W. Bush, called Perry an “idiot.”

An 11-year-old boy who appeared to actually know the answer asked Perry about the age of the Earth. Perry said he didn’t know. I believe him. Perry then seemed to disavow evolution and give some credence to the theory that the Earth is only 6,000 years old. Come on, I have ties older than that. And Mr. Perry had the bad timing to do this the same week that scientists announced that they believe they discovered fossilized, single-cell organisms in Western Australia that could be about 3.4 billion years old.

Perry’s disavowal of evolution, geology, biology, and all that pointed-headed science mumbo-jumbo will probably not sit very well with GOP moderates, independents, swing voters or those who have ever been to school, read a book, or watched a show on the History Channel.

Perry also had the singular misfortune to be ranting about how climate change is a scam the same week as stories were published about how farmers in Texas have suffered more than $5 billion in crop and livestock losses associated with a record drought and record high temperatures.

For Rick Perry, It's Not the Heat, It's the Stupidity | Boston Daily

How the hell did Rick Perry just appear on the national stage and receive more attention and news coverage than candidates that have been campaigning for months and have stated their policies much more clearly.

That treasonous remark is a lame attempt to try and capitalize on an issue that Ron Paul has made popular.

I don't give a damn about him, and I haven't heard him say anything impressive.

Since when did the media take it upon themselves to dictate to us who was electable!?!?!?!?!

The media follows the polls

What makes everyone think Rick Perry is stupid?

1. Is it because he doesn't believe in global warming?
2. Is it because he supports segregationists?
3. Is it because he thinks evolution is BS?
4. is it because he wants to tear down the Federal Reserve?
5. Is it all of the above?

Every one of these is a misrepresentation.

What makes everyone think Rick Perry is stupid?

1. Is it because he doesn't believe in global warming?
2. Is it because he supports segregationists?
3. Is it because he thinks evolution is BS?
4. is it because he wants to tear down the Federal Reserve?
5. Is it all of the above?

Every one of these is a misrepresentation.
It doesn't matter. The Left will repeat it until the cows come home, no matter how many times every one of them is debunked.
Just like they still say Bush lied us into an unnecessary war. I dont remember the number of times this has been proven false, but they say it anyway. Or any number of lies. Like Obama was going to change the tone in Washington or Obamacare wouldn't add one dime to the deficit.

Any surprise you dont?
Tell me which GOP candidate you do support, asshole?

The only one I see w/ any cred is Huntsman. BTW- what's w/ the profanity idiot?

The one that worked for Obama...didn't see that coming.

So oblidging a President in a non-partisan post is considered "jumping-ship" from Republicorp? :eusa_doh: He served the entire country by being in China. You people are so toxic it's scary.

Last edited:
The only one I see w/ any cred is Huntsman. BTW- what's w/ the profanity idiot?

The one that worked for Obama...didn't see that coming.

So oblidging a President in a non-partisan post is considered "jumping-ship" from Republicorp? :eusa_doh: He served the entire country by being in China. You people are so toxic it's scary.

He was the ambassador representing the United States government, which is headed by Barack Obama. He is responsible for carrying out the policies of said government.
What sounds "non partisan" about any of that??

Democrats follow the exact the same strategy every time, every election, every candidate.
1) Call the Republican "Stupid".
2) Then call them "Crazy".
3) Then call them "racist".

I doesn't matter whom the Republicans nominate, it's always the same 3 plays.

Democrats follow the exact the same strategy every time, every election, every candidate.
1) Call the Republican "Stupid".
2) Then call them "Crazy".
3) Then call them "racist".

I doesn't matter whom the Republicans nominate, it's always the same 3 plays.

And after all that hard work the base is putting in to nominate a sane person! Just can't get credit where credit is due, eh?

perry-screws-texas.jpg

The Disctrict of Columbia, under direct Congressional control, has the highest poverty rate in the country.
What does that say?

I loev it. The Left is terrified of Perry, who speaks his mind rather than speaking in scripted sound bites.
Does he know how old the Earth is? No, in fact no one does for sure.
But if he believes the earth was created 15 minutes before he was born, what does that have to do with his ability to be president? Who cares? Only people digging for something--anything--they can use against him.
okay. Let's REASON this out. "if he believes the earth was created 15 minutes before he was born, what does that have to do with his ability to be president?"

Does that indicate that perhaps you are supporting someone who isn't a very deep thinker? someone who is essentially incurious about things? And being incurious, could that effect the amount of knowledge one can apply to problem solving?

I shouldn't have to explain to you or anyone why stupidity, incuriosity, shallow thinking are features NOT very useful in making important decisions the way a President of the United States has to make. You SHOULD look for a candidate who reflects your personal ideology. But to support someone who has demonstrated a lack of cognitive skills SHOULD make your choice of candidate a clear one. Why not the best? Why not the smartest?

Now, I predict you may consider this seriously. Or, you may take offense to someone telling you that thinking is an important virtue in a President. If that's the case, ladies and gentlemen, Rabbi will become flummoxed, frustrated and indignant. His standard fall back position when confronted with immutable logic is to say I'm an asshole and should go inspect a toilet.

Let's see how he makes up his mind about this post.

I loev it. The Left is terrified of Perry, who speaks his mind rather than speaking in scripted sound bites.
Does he know how old the Earth is? No, in fact no one does for sure.
But if he believes the earth was created 15 minutes before he was born, what does that have to do with his ability to be president? Who cares? Only people digging for something--anything--they can use against him.
okay. Let's REASON this out. "if he believes the earth was created 15 minutes before he was born, what does that have to do with his ability to be president?"

Does that indicate that perhaps you are supporting someone who isn't a very deep thinker? someone who is essentially incurious about things? And being incurious, could that effect the amount of knowledge one can apply to problem solving?

I shouldn't have to explain to you or anyone why stupidity, incuriosity, shallow thinking are features NOT very useful in making important decisions the way a President of the United States has to make. You SHOULD look for a candidate who reflects your personal ideology. But to support someone who has demonstrated a lack of cognitive skills SHOULD make your choice of candidate a clear one. Why not the best? Why not the smartest?

Now, I predict you may consider this seriously. Or, you may take offense to someone telling you that thinking is an important virtue in a President. If that's the case, ladies and gentlemen, Rabbi will become flummoxed, frustrated and indignant. His standard fall back position when confronted with immutable logic is to say I'm an asshole and should go inspect a toilet.

Let's see how he makes up his mind about this post.

Well you are an asshole. And you should stick to your expertise with toilets.
The rest of your post is fluff.
Perry is not "incurious" (whatever that means, MR Deep Thinker).
You don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about.

Forum List

Back