For All Those People Who Think Sharia Law Is Not In USA...

What other religio-cultures widely practice FGM?

Couldn't you make a similar argument about circumcision?
No, and it isn't even close

Circumcision can at least be justified as a healthy choice and it is not mutilation of nerve tissue

Nor does it diminish sexual pleasure

FGM is straight up barbaric and parents that allow it, especially in the West should rot in Hell

So when it's done on a male it's a healthy choice, but when done on a female it's mutilation?
Yes

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish with this line of reasoning

FGM is done solely to keep women in line and to ensure that they do not engage in sex for pleasure

There is a huge difference

If you don't need a foreskin why would your god have given you one? I thought he was infallible.

He also made us with free will and reasoning capabilities. We weren't born with self cleaning teeth, hence we brush them for hygiene purposes, too.

The usual loons hyperventilate about islamophobia and claim that Sharia Law is not practiced in the U.S. (They also ignore how gays and rape victims are executes in other countries).

Well, the lie has been exposed. Female Genital Mutilation is practiced in the U.S., with 500,000 girls at risk. Instead of worrying about inane micro-aggressions and Fake Rape Culture, how about addressing this REAL ABUSE of young girls?

For the second time in a week, authorities have charged a Detroit-area doctor with breaking a federal genital mutilation law, this time arresting a suburban physician and his wife for allegedly helping another doctor perform genital cutting on 7-year-old girls in a Livonia clinic.

According to a criminal complaint unsealed Friday, while a doctor removed parts of the girls' genitals, the wife of the clinic owner held the girls' hands "in order to comfort them."

Dr. Fakhruddin Attar, 53, and his wife, Farida Attar, 50, both of Livonia, were arrested Friday morning at the Burhani Medical Clinic in Livonia, where the alleged cuttings took place.

They're charged with conspiring to perform genital mutilation on minor girls by letting a doctor use their clinic to perform the procedure. Prosecutors say two Minnesota girls had their genitals mutilated in February by Dr. Jumana Nagarwala, who was charged last week in what is the nation's first federal prosecution of genital cutting. She was arrested April 12 and ordered jailed pending the outcome of her case involving the two Minnesota girls, though the FBI believes she has several more victims....

2nd doctor charged in genital mutilation case

And as you have pointed out, they were arrested, so thank you for reminding everyone that Sharia Law is not legal in the United States.

I didn't say it was legal. I said it is here.

Try to keep up.

We should amend the Constitution then to outlaw Islam, eh? Is that your point?

Maybe not, but Genital Mutilation practices are all the more reason we shouldn't important these people and their barbaric culture into this country.

Idiot

The usual loons hyperventilate about islamophobia and claim that Sharia Law is not practiced in the U.S. (They also ignore how gays and rape victims are executes in other countries).

Well, the lie has been exposed. Female Genital Mutilation is practiced in the U.S., with 500,000 girls at risk. Instead of worrying about inane micro-aggressions and Fake Rape Culture, how about addressing this REAL ABUSE of young girls?

For the second time in a week, authorities have charged a Detroit-area doctor with breaking a federal genital mutilation law, this time arresting a suburban physician and his wife for allegedly helping another doctor perform genital cutting on 7-year-old girls in a Livonia clinic.

According to a criminal complaint unsealed Friday, while a doctor removed parts of the girls' genitals, the wife of the clinic owner held the girls' hands "in order to comfort them."

Dr. Fakhruddin Attar, 53, and his wife, Farida Attar, 50, both of Livonia, were arrested Friday morning at the Burhani Medical Clinic in Livonia, where the alleged cuttings took place.

They're charged with conspiring to perform genital mutilation on minor girls by letting a doctor use their clinic to perform the procedure. Prosecutors say two Minnesota girls had their genitals mutilated in February by Dr. Jumana Nagarwala, who was charged last week in what is the nation's first federal prosecution of genital cutting. She was arrested April 12 and ordered jailed pending the outcome of her case involving the two Minnesota girls, though the FBI believes she has several more victims....

And as you have pointed out, they were arrested, so thank you for reminding everyone that Sharia Law is not legal in the United States.

I didn't say it was legal. I said it is here.

Try to keep up.

We should amend the Constitution then to outlaw Islam, eh? Is that your point?

Maybe not, but Genital Mutilation practices are all the more reason we shouldn't important these people and their barbaric culture into this country.

Idiot

It's a hideous traditional practice that when combined the spread of Islam-Sharia is now being exported out of the African and Middle East areas where it is common.

Can the OP name all the Muslim majority countries where this practice is LEGAL?

That's not the issue, bub.

FGM is commonly and widely practiced in Islamic-Sharia cultures. Here, you can read up on the 29 countries where it is most common:

Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting: A statistical overview and exploration of the dynamics of change - UNICEF DATA

From your link:

2006-2007 (E): The Ministry of Health issues Decree No. 271, banning everyone, including health professionals, from performing FGM/C in governmental or nongovernmental hospitals and clinics. The Grand Mufti Ali Gomaa issues a fatwa (religious edict) condemning FGM/C, and the Al-Azhar Supreme Council for Islamic Research issues a statement explaining that FGM/C has no basis in Sharia (Islamic law) or any of its partial provisions.

Who cares? The bottom line is Muslims are practicing this shit. We don't want them infesting our culture. Period.

How many male babies suffer gentile mutilation thanks to Judeo Christians ? Circumcision is acceptable child abuse .
Lefties hold a position that favors Islam.
More to the point, they hold any position that is against Christianity.

American leftists more to the point hold any and ALL positions against the white American Christian heterosexual male.

Hence the reason they needed to obfuscate from the brown muslim slaughtering 50 gays in a gay nightclub to NRA MEMBERS.

The reason why you don't hear any of them at any time complaining about homosexuals being put to death for being homosexual IN MUSLIM COUNTRIES.

The reason why not ONE left wing media outlet has reported or drawn any attention whatsoever to bakeries owned by muslims refusing to bake cakes for gay weddings.

The same reason during "black history month" the "history channels" (owned by NBC type networks) never go into just how the Trans Atlantic slave trade began, which was an extention of the Trans Sahara slave trade. They would never educate this populace with those crucial facts. Instead the "black history month" can be called "patronizing black people month." Which can actually be translated into "black mental enslavement month."

This is where we have been and the reality of the party of slavery, the party of the kkk, and better known as the democrat party.

I'm still trying to figure out the reason why any one would want a woman who had this operation

Its easy to see. Islam worships a pedophile who crawled up out of a well. Its as simple as that.
And what about all the Christian girls who go through it?

Mohammed practised this and promoted this. It continues today. Mohammed waa a 54 year old pedophile who married a 6 year old. Muslims have no problem with this. Sick.
The topic is Sharia law in the USA. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that our laws support men marrying 6 year olds or female genital mutilation

I dont really care what the topic is. This was a response to another poster.
As I pointed out, it was not really in response to me. It seems you're just farting out sentences without caring if they have anything to do with what anyone else is talking about.

You don't seem to grasp the concept of a conversation.

I'm still trying to figure out the reason why any one would want a woman who had this operation

Its easy to see. Islam worships a pedophile who crawled up out of a well. Its as simple as that.
And what about all the Christian girls who go through it?

Mohammed practised this and promoted this. It continues today. Mohammed waa a 54 year old pedophile who married a 6 year old. Muslims have no problem with this. Sick.
See, when you quote someone, you really should address in some way what they said. What Mohammed said or did is irrelevant to the practice among Christians. There are bans on it. And there are many Muslim countries where it's not commonly practiced.

Its vile, sick, disgusting, despicable, and muslims practise this.
And so do Christians. Is it ok for them? You only seem to care about Muslims doing it.

Timmy, one, they are not comparable medically; two, MC does not impair sexual activity; three, they are not comparable in societal or cultural harm.

No, they are not equally bad, but they are both rooted in religious doctrine. FGM is horrid, but again I must correct you. It does not impair sexual activity. The activity can still occur, there is just no pleasure in it for the woman. That, too, is religious doctrine that spans all three Abrahamic religions. Women aren't supposed to take pleasure from sex.
FGM does impair sexual activity which corrects your mistake, and it certainly impairs the enjoyment of the activity. You do not understand clearly the role of sexual activity in the Abrahamic religions, and I am willing to dialogue here with you in correct that mistake.

How many male babies suffer gentile mutilation thanks to Judeo Christians ? Circumcision is acceptable child abuse .

Wrong ! Lefties are for secularism . We fight against religious Tyranny . Muslim or Christian or whatever.

We are against Christians cause those foxes are already in the USA hen house . Muslims have no power to do squat .

If you think liberals would do nothing to stop female mutilation you are nuts . Right now we are battling Christians wanting to force pregnant women to have wands shoved up in them and be forced to have sonograms.

Seriously ??!! More hate and fear mongering? When we say that Sharia law is not in the US we mean that it is not incorporated into Federal, State or local law nor is it sanctioned or recognized by the US legal system at any level. Every religion has their law and are free to practice it in accordance with the first amendment, unless doing so comes into conflict with our established laws and then it is deal with as this genital mutilation was dealt with. Islam is not being given any special quarter to practice their religious laws. Get the hell out of here with this nonsensical inane clap trap . You should be embarrassed and ashamed of yourself.

^^^ What.A.Moron ^^^

Sharia Law adherents believe that it supplants The Constitution.

But if you believe that Hanging Gays, Stoning Rape Victims, Burning Inconvenient Wives, and Mutilating Little Girls will get you 70 virgins in the Afterlife, then Sharia Law is interested in you.

Dear boedicca
In OTHER countries that don't have strong Constitutional enforcement,
YES
In Africa and Europe whole countries are suffering from militant groups
HIJACKING govt and implementing "shariah law" to mean this justice without due process to defend civil rights of individuals from govt abuses.

But in the US the OPPOSITE is happening if anything.

We've had more cases of people THREATENING to curb and ban "shariah law"
by law, which has also run into Constitutional arguments to DEFINE what is shariah
(because the term literally means the PRACTICE of Islam including prayer and charity,
alms for the elderly and poor, individual rights to free exercise in private which CANNOT be banned by law)

You are talking about the politicized religion of mixing Muslim religion with govt and civil laws.
This is unconstitutional in America.

In other countries that don't have such protections, YES that is a problem.

In the US more cases involve defending Muslims religious freedom from discrimination because
of the anti-Islamic sentiments. Look up cases in Tennessee where it was proposed to shut down
Mosques from being built. Look at the fight over a Mosque near the 9/11 ground zero site.

The opposite fight is going on in America, because our Constitutional laws
on religious freedom go BOTH WAYS:
Govt can neither ESTABLISH nor PROHIBIT the free exercise of religion.

So our laws protect both the right of Muslims to practice individually,
barring discrimination by creed, and would preclude any implementation through govt of religious beliefs.

===================
HUGE PS:
boedicca if you REALLYwant to take up a fight,
right now we have MORE of an issue with LEFTIST POLITICAL BELIEFS
crossing the line and getting embedded and enforced with govt laws and penalties:
* the health care mandates that favor people who believe in "health care as a right"'
and FINE people for NOT COMPLYING who don't believe govt has authority for health care mgmt as a civil liberty and individual freedom under the constitution.
so Constitutionalists are being FINED and PUNISHED for failure to comply with laws that VIOLATE OUR BELIEFS
* laws on accommodating gay marriage
right now people and business owners who don't believe in gay marriage
are being fined and punished for refusing to violate their own beliefs
* laws on transgender accommodations in restrooms
harassment, bullying, boycotts and lawsuits wasting taxpayer money
have been launched over this private FAITHBASED issue that govt
has no authority to decide or force people to change their beliefs on.

So boedicca do you want me to drag you into the Bullring on this challenge:
that the LEFT has done more to integrate their political beliefs into govt
under PENALTYof law than the Muslims with Shariah law that means their religious practice in general that is already
protected by Constitutional laws.

We could take this one step further, and answer TWO issues at once.
Let me know if you want to try this!

Wrong ! Lefties are for secularism . We fight against religious Tyranny . Muslim or Christian or whatever.

We are against Christians cause those foxes are already in the USA hen house . Muslims have no power to do squat .

If you think liberals would do nothing to stop female mutilation you are nuts . Right now we are battling Christians wanting to force pregnant women to have wands shoved up in them and be forced to have sonograms.
But but but Christians.....

Or

ALL RELIGIONS are bad.

Euphemism for Christians are the true enemy.

They will never ever ever exclusively attack muslims or islam.

Of course when you ask any of these predictable parrots what bible verse in the New Testament commands Christians to kill unbelievers, they say nothing. Well, they can't, can they?

A little different with Quran verses.

Left wingers are nothing but predictable piles of shit. Parrots united under one cause. Eradicate the white American Christian heterosexual male.

They are so fucking pathetic, they keep doing exactly what I say they are going to do, immediately after I say what they will do.

Lol

TheOwl continues to poop everywhere instead of offering sane comments.

There is bad in all Abrahamic religions, as there is good as well.

He cannot admit his far right wing religious ideological bent that wants to bring back his style of inquisition.

Timmy, one, they are not comparable medically; two, MC does not impair sexual activity; three, they are not comparable in societal or cultural harm.

No, they are not equally bad, but they are both rooted in religious doctrine. FGM is horrid, but again I must correct you. It does not impair sexual activity. The activity can still occur, there is just no pleasure in it for the woman. That, too, is religious doctrine that spans all three Abrahamic religions. Women aren't supposed to take pleasure from sex.
FGM does impair sexual activity which corrects your mistake, and it certainly impairs the enjoyment of the activity. You do not understand clearly the role of sexual activity in the Abrahamic religions, and I am willing to dialogue here with you in correct that mistake.

Sexual activity can still occur. The penis still goes into the vagina. Procreation still occurs.

I understand quite well the patriarchal religions and their need to control and dominate the sex lives of women. The "big three" are all the same.

Sexual activity can still occur. The penis still goes into the vagina. Procreation still occurs.

I understand quite well the patriarchal religions and their need to control and dominate the sex lives of women. The "big three" are all the same.

Sorry Seawytch and JakeStarkey
but in severe cases of mutilation, it causes such trauma, either emotionally or physically or both,
that it WILL AFFECT IF NOT IMPAIR the sexual function and relations of young girls and women.

Are you kidding me?

You don't think that this kind of abuse is going to AFFECT how women relate to sexual partners in the future???

SEX is in the BRAIN. So anything that affects someone's
perception of control in relations with others * is going to affect * their psychology
and their future relations, especially sexual which are the most sensitive intimate type.

(and yes, if you want to bring up male genitalia circumcision,
how do you know THAT isn't causing latent violence aggression and control issues in MEN?)

I wrote correctly that "FGM does impair sexual activity" and that is a fact. Your question Emily about MGC is only a question until you offer logic, facts, and evidence. Never have I felt mutilated and never had any problem functioning. Most enjoyably I might.

Righties are such phonies . They are not for freedom of religion , unless it's Christian religion . They hate the muslims because they are competition . Y'all believe the same shit anyway .

Thank goodness that the secularists are here to keep you all in line .

Which one does this fall under?

ALL religions.....

Remember, they will never ever attack the "other religions" exclusively.

Never.

So, when they go to the but but but Christians.....

Or

ALL RELIGIONS, they are attacking Christians.

They cannot help it. This Seawytch tried her best to disguise it.

She is a fucking parrot.

Righties are such phonies . They are not for freedom of religion , unless it's Christian religion . They hate the muslims because they are competition . Y'all believe the same shit anyway .

Thank goodness that the secularists are here to keep you all in line .

you are so full of shit you cannot even see straight

freedom of religion only goes for practicing your faith without causing harm to others

There are several religious practices that are restricted here in the US, human sacrifice comes to mind

FWIW - FGM is just one step down the ladder from human sacrifice

My position is being argued by people from the left and the right ITT

attacks on Christianity & Judaism are being made from folks on the left and the right as well

yes, there are people pushing an anti Islam agenda with this issue, which sucks because this is a human rights issue

TheOwl32 reveals the fear and paranoia rampant among some of the alt right elements in American fundamentalist, evangelical, and Pentecostal denominations. Slow down Red Ryder, no one is out to get you.

DCBL gets it right: FGM is a human rights issue far more than a religious one.

Forum List

Back