Foods you love that others are repulsed by

Amish scrapple.
No and No ... :cool:
I have a brother-in-law who grew up outside of Philadelphia that loves that concoction. Scrapple is just the butcher's meat scraps, lips, anus, hoofs, and who knows what else? That nobody in their right mind wants to eat.
I remember a funny news story of an 18 wheeler full of cow anuses being hijacked on the way to a hot dog facility. A truckload of anuses.

I hated liver & onions until I had them in the Army and realized they could be prepared to be delicious.

Now I like 'em, and usually they are one of the cheapest things on the menu.

Boiled Crawfish and Boudin

1605838586886.png

Oh, and Scrambled Eggs with Crawfish Tails and Cilantro the Next Morning.

.​

I hated liver & onions until I had them in the Army and realized they could be prepared to be delicious.
When we weren't in the field, our unit had liver and onions one day every week. A lot of guys didn't like liver, so they came by my table and put their liver on my plate because they knew I liked it.
I'd have a liver and onions feast. ... :thup:

Amish scrapple.
I have a brother-in-law who grew up outside of Philadelphia that loves that concoction. Scrapple is just the butcher's meat scraps, lips, anus, hoofs, and who knows what else? That nobody in their right mind wants to eat.
I remember a funny news story of an 18 wheeler full of cow anuses being hijacked on the way to a hot dog facility. A truckload of anuses.

That’s not surprising when you think about how many assholes are on the roads these days.

Amish scrapple.

That’s not surprising when you think about how many assholes are on the roads these days.
They usually get it in the end.

I love eating Kim chi at the Korean restaurant! ... :thup:
Smells like old socks, tastes like heaven.
What do you do with it? Is it like a relish on the side? I've heard a lot about it, but the whole fermented thing, on top of cabbage being one of my least favorite vegetables, and smelling like old socks, I'm a little leery about trying it. I do like sauerkraut, though, so there's an off chance I'd like it.

The taste is not far from Sauerkraut, think of it with plenty of red pepper.

BTW, many people (not me) aren't crazy about the smell of sauerkraut either.

I love cilantro, and I've heard that some people think it tastes like soap.

Which makes me wonder why they know what soap tastes like.
Science!
"but for those cilantro-haters for whom the plant tastes like soap, the issue is genetic. These people have a variation in a group of olfactory-receptor genes that allows them to strongly perceive the soapy-flavored aldehydes in cilantro leaves."

Hmmm, and I don’t taste that at all... It is strong and I use it in my Salsa but never once did it have a soapy taste, and as a kid I was forced to eat a bar or two because of my respectful French...

Why would you have to eat soap because of disrespectful French? The French don't use soap. You should have been forced to each ten bars of butter.

For example: those little tins of smoked oysters. On a ritz cracker, with a drop of hot sauce, paired with an ice cold cheap American beer. Love it!
My missus, on the other hand, won't touch them. More for me!
Split pea soup.

Ah, split pea. I sometimes get that after having sex all night. Never thought to make soup out of it.

Forum List

Back