Food for thought

The last time Democrats were able to do anything about healthcare was when they had a bare super-majority of 60 votes in the Senate. Democrats were able to compromise with Bush and the Republican were able to compromise with Clinton as well. The Neo-GOP has taken a no holds barred anti-compromise position since the Dems passed the ACA.
And it remains a debated issue as to whether the gop was open to ANY compromise on the ACA when the dems had 60 and then 59 senators. I preferred an approach of just ending all tax subsidies for private sector employees, and just "giving" a tax credit per individual to make up for the lost employer tax giveaways that the govt would be taxing. Of course that is naive and would result in some losing more than they gained ... even it the gop had been open to some approach to make it more fair. Sen Bennett for one tried it, but he was primaried by the the son of the BYU law school president, Mike Lee, who appears to have gone missing since Trump's election. LOL

OK, so in a less childish way, please explain how what I said was wrong.
Your point and this entire thread is based on the idea that things are just too hard to understand.

Well talk to a grownup and have them explain things to you child...

Your point and this entire thread is based on the idea that things are just too hard to understand.

No, that's not based on that "idea." It's based on 70 years of facts.

And so again, I get another childish jab.

No, that's not based on that "idea." It's based on 70 years of facts.

And so again, I get another childish jab.
70 years and ya just can't figure things out.

Safe to say you never will

I agree sorta. The premise of the thread imo is that "the media" or whatever lies to us. NO Shit. Anyone think Jefferson had the same view of liberty as some poor black sob who volunteered for the war and died from a gut shot?

We do the best we can do, and as Reagan said something about is walk on the road of expanding individual rights .... which is pretty liberal.

Well here's some food for thought: Nancy & Mr Pelosi and insider trading? Anybody remember Martha Stuart?

Washington is corrupt to its core! Reid is another one who cashed in personally as Senate majority leader. The Biden crime family. Feinstein and her corrupt dealings. The Clintons holy shit.

And it remains a debated issue as to whether the gop was open to ANY compromise on the ACA when the dems had 60 and then 59 senators. I preferred an approach of just ending all tax subsidies for private sector employees, and just "giving" a tax credit per individual to make up for the lost employer tax giveaways that the govt would be taxing. Of course that is naive and would result in some losing more than they gained ... even it the gop had been open to some approach to make it more fair. Sen Bennett for one tried it, but he was primaried by the the son of the BYU law school president, Mike Lee, who appears to have gone missing since Trump's election. LOL

The debate ended when conservative Supreme Court Judge said the ACA was constitutional.

Washington is corrupt to its core! Reid is another one who cashed in personally as Senate majority leader. The Biden crime family. Feinstein and her corrupt dealings. The Clintons holy shit.

Surely you don't think it's just democrats, do you?

It's not that I'm a fan of the aCA, but I am of the const. Therefore I bid you adieu.

As a conservative, It's hard to say this. But spending on the ACA is a lot better than 90% of the other crap they spend the money on.
Wars, drug and homeless programs, gender studies in Pakistan, etc etc etc

Forum List

Back