food dehydraters

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i have a 9 tray excalibur that i am not happy with. The food does not dry in the time they say it will. Anyone else dry food? what do you use?

I had one a few years ago.. i found that I could barely leave the jerky in there while my kitchen smelled so goddamn tasty. hmmmmm....

You'll appreciate this.. I'm making rootbeer at the moment.

ooo rootbeer...i have heard its fun to make...i dont drink it...

this thing just aint working right.....banana chips are suppose to take 8 hours....24 hours later they are leathery at best.

jerky is good....a friend has 22 tray from that hunters mag....you can put a whole deer in it...just about.

I've got one that I use for herbs, jerky and (occasionally) fruit. But I can't remember what kind it is.

I'll have to look later and tell you, but it usually works in the time suggested - IF I have it on the right setting.

i have it on the right setting...bitch...lol...i even tested the tempatures....but something aint right...excalibur is suppose to be top of the line.

i have it on the right setting...bitch...lol...i even tested the tempatures....but something aint right...excalibur is suppose to be top of the line.

Heh - I wasn't actually poking at you, just telling on myself. :redface:

Mine isn't top of the line, but I paid $5 for it at a sale and have gotten my money's worth many times over already.

ooo rootbeer...i have heard its fun to make...i dont drink it...

this thing just aint working right.....banana chips are suppose to take 8 hours....24 hours later they are leathery at best.

jerky is good....a friend has 22 tray from that hunters mag....you can put a whole deer in it...just about.

making soda is a good way to show kids how much sugar goes into it. You should check it out even if you don't drink it. You can make cream, red cream, orange and a whole list of flavors.

Forum List

Back