It Felt A Little Like Fall today

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
so I went into the kitchen and made up one of those easy pumpkin spice bundt cakes. The whole house smells good and spicy,, added some walnuts and a little glaze and now I'm having coffee! :eusa_angel:

On Friday night I thought I'd get a jump on the weekend cooking, so I stuck a roast in one of those disposable pans, and let it cook during the night.

Of course I got up after a couple of hours and had a taste, it was doing great...then I covered it back up and went back to bed.

Well I poked a tiny hole in the bottom of the pan, so my entire oven is covered with au jous. I didn't realize how bad it was (just thought it was a sort of dry roast) until I went to bake biscuits tonight for dinner. The entire house is filled with smoke. Now I have to clean the damn oven.

And my house smells like burnt beef drippings.

I think I'll make turkey chili, cornbread, and pumpkin cream cheese muffins, since we actually had a frost warning last night... :doubt:

S'ok, tho. Fall is my favorite time of year.

Been feeling like fall in the upper midwest since june.

Was 33° for the low in Hayward, WI this morning.
NO NO NO! I don't want it to get cold! I like the heat!

*crying*

That's what I love about the cool/cold months- food! Meaty, beaty, big and bouncy food.

So what's next on the menu, WT?

However it's still August. Last night we were below 45F. Tonight again. Unless something changes, this winter is looking bad. Leaves here are turning yellow over 6 weeks early.

so I went into the kitchen and made up one of those easy pumpkin spice bundt cakes. The whole house smells good and spicy,, added some walnuts and a little glaze and now I'm having coffee! :eusa_angel:

I am too. I'm making pork loin with apples, served with a butternut squash souffle for Sunday's dinner. I haven't decided on desert, but these spice cakes sound delicious.

Is there a recipe thread to post recipes in?

I am too. I'm making pork loin with apples,?

You are sinning twice nice. Eaten the apple and the hoof.

It is better to eat well in Hell than starve on moral fiber of Heavan.

The loin part makes it all erotic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back