Fonda Calls Nam Photo 'An Unforgivable Mistake'

I have to be right about Vietnam or with the combined manpower of the south and US weapons, Ho Chi Minh should have easily been defeated.
The fact he won, proves I have to be right, that almost no one wanted the US there, and almost all the Vietnamese supported Ho Chi Minh.

Ho Chi Minh was not anti US, so should not have been used as a pawn by the US, in any sort of Cold War with the Soviets.
If Ho Chi Minh was anti-US, he would not have come to us first for help against the French.

You dumb mutherfucker. You don't know jackshit.

The North was defeated. Nixon withdrew gorund troops and took the war to the North and the Commie shitheads gave up. When they signed the Paris Peace Accord they agreed to the sovereignty of South Vietnam, which was the objective all along. With American aid the South Vietnamese remained independent.

The Democrats defunding aid to the South is what gave the green light to the North to invade and that was a betrayal.

Like I said, you don't know crap about the war. Only what you saw in movies so just shut the fuck up Moon Bat.

No, there should NEVER have been any division at all, and Ho Chi Minh was always the desired and popular leader of all of Vietnam.
The division was never real.

And calling the Vietnamese communist is over kill.
They were never really communist, but had to pretend to be since the US refused to help them, and only Russia and China agreed to help.

And no, the "communists" in Vietnam were the good guys, that were wildly popular.
If what you say was true, then the Vietnamese would not have needed US help.
They would have won on their own.
But is was OUR puppet government in the south that were the bad guys.
They were so bad, that even the Buddhist monks were setting themselves on fire in protest.
You have to know Fonda was right or else the war would have gone the other way.
Our puppet government in the south were indeed the bad guys thst can’t be debated.

You dumb mutherfucker. You don't know jackshit.

The North was defeated. Nixon withdrew gorund troops and took the war to the North and the Commie shitheads gave up. When they signed the Paris Peace Accord they agreed to the sovereignty of South Vietnam, which was the objective all along. With American aid the South Vietnamese remained independent.

The Democrats defunding aid to the South is what gave the green light to the North to invade and that was a betrayal.

Like I said, you don't know crap about the war. Only what you saw in movies so just shut the fuck up Moon Bat.

Half right,

{...In the fall of 1974, Nixon resigned under the pressure of the Watergate scandal and was succeeded by Gerald Ford. Congress cut funding to South Vietnam for the upcoming fiscal year from a proposed 1.26 billion to 700 million dollars. These two events prompted Hanoi to make an all-out effort to conquer the South. ...}

That cut was not even half.
And any country that can not survive on its own over a 500 million reduction in foreign aid, is not a healthy country.
But the south never once had a popular leader who could get elected.
They were all dictators.
In contract, Ho Chi Minh was likely the most popular leader of any country in this century.

Because before Fonda went to Vietnam, the people in the US thought of the Vietnamese as evil VC ninjas dressed in black pajamas.
After Fonda went to Vietnam and brought back video showing that the Vietnamese were just like us, did not deserve to die, were no threat, and had just fought for liberation from a colonial power, just like the US did, then the voters started wanting the war ended.

If you are saying the public was already turning against the war, that likely is true.
But Fonda certainly helped.

R.9395506bde1efcf30f4117ae22e0a81b
I suggest you stop watching so many war movies and get with reality

Half right,

{...In the fall of 1974, Nixon resigned under the pressure of the Watergate scandal and was succeeded by Gerald Ford. Congress cut funding to South Vietnam for the upcoming fiscal year from a proposed 1.26 billion to 700 million dollars. These two events prompted Hanoi to make an all-out effort to conquer the South. ...}

That cut was not even half.
And any country that can not survive on its own over a 500 million reduction in foreign aid, is not a healthy country.
But the south never once had a popular leader who could get elected.
They were all dictators.
In contract, Ho Chi Minh was likely the most popular leader of any country in this century.
No; that was Stalin. Look at his poll numbers...idiotic!!!

Results[edit]​

Distribution of seats
Votes%SeatsVotes%Seats
PartySoviet of the UnionSoviet of Nationalities
Independents​
Against​
Invalid/blank votes​
Total
Registered voters/turnout​
Source: Nohlen & Stöver​

Greg

I suggest you stop watching so many war movies and get with reality

That is the whole point, in that in order for the war to end, the population back home had to be shown that the war was real, that the VC were real people.
Only Fonda did that, by for the very first time, showing the VC close up on video, as real human beings. I think she almost single handedly ended the war. I think she should get most of the credit for preventing all the deaths that could have kept going on for another decade.

No; that was Stalin. Look at his poll numbers...idiotic!!!

Results[edit]​

Distribution of seats
PartySoviet of the UnionSoviet of Nationalities
Votes%SeatsVotes%Seats
Independents​
Against​
Invalid/blank votes​
Total
Registered voters/turnout​
Source: Nohlen & Stöver​

Greg

Stalin was never popular, but took over from popular leaders.
But Ho Chi Minh was always very popular.
If he was not popular, he could not have beaten the French.

That is the whole point, in that in order for the war to end, the population back home had to be shown that the war was real, that the VC were real people.
Only Fonda did that, by for the very first time, showing the VC close up on video, as real human beings. I think she almost single handedly ended the war. I think she should get most of the credit for preventing all the deaths that could have kept going on for another decade.
yes, stop the drugs

you are enamored with her.....from watching her prancing around as a WHORE in her movies

Stalin was never popular, but took over from popular leaders.
But Ho Chi Minh was always very popular.
If he was not popular, he could not have beaten the French.
99.3% in elections...I don't believe Communist propaganda or apologists.

Greg

Well, so have been all of the Kim dynasty. And Saddam, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao, Castro, and all of the other Totalitarian and Marxist leaders. According to North Korean Propaganda, they have all been universally loved, and are almost deities. So I would question that, as it is really hard to determine how much is authentic, and how much is "you agree he is awesome, you you could get shot".

Of course, in spite of this "Universal Love", I chuckle when I see the huge numbers that have left over the decades, often at the risk of their very lives. Yet interestingly, very few seem interested in going to those countries to live.

And by the time the US left, he had been dead for 4 years already in 1973.. He had been dead for over 7 years when the South collapsed in 1975. And he had largely left active politics in 1967, as his health was starting to fail.

99.3% in elections...I don't believe Communist propaganda or apologists.

Exactly. One just has to look at their election history.

Uncle Ho was never elected into office, he was appointed. But you can see how things are in the history of their legislature.

1946 was the first Legislative Election in North Vietnam. And of the 302 seats available, the Viet Minh won 182. Next was 45 seats for the "Democratic Party of Vietnam", it was a Marxist party, but was not traditionally "Communist". Then the Nationalist VNQDD, with 26 seats. That party was rather quickly forced out of any power they had at all, and most retreated to what became South Vietnam.

The next elections in North Vietnam would not happen until 1960. The only party allowed to run by this time was the Vietnamese Fatherland Front (the official "Party" of NV). And surprise, they won all 362 seats. Same thing in 1964, with the VFF winning 366 of 366 seats. Next elections in 1971, once again 420 out of 420 seats to the VFF. 1975, the VFF won 424 of 424 seats.

And 1975 is interesting, because it is the first time some figures were released. 99% of votes were recorded as valid, with a turn-out of 98.26% of eligible voters casting a ballot. And the VFF won 100% of the votes.

Amazing.

And that continued to be the patter in 1976, 1981, 1987, 1992, until 1997. When in a surprise, Vietnam finally allowed non-Communist Party members to run for office. And out of the 450 seats, 66 non-party members and independents finally got election to their legislature.

They held their most recent election earlier this year. Out of the 500 seats available, the CPV won 485 seats. Independent and non-party members have fallen to 14. as a rather interesting rule has been used more and more often in recent years. If there is any kind of dispute, only the members of the CPV can lodge an official protest and request a resolution. And guess what the record is most times of how that is resolved? If any of the Independents or non-party members lose, they just have to accept it with no right to protest.

1997 was the height of "Non-Party Participation" in their legislature, with 63 of 450 seats going to non-VCP members. With voter turnouts always in excess of 99%. There are still non-members who try to run, but over the last 2 decades that has declined as the chance of their being a fair election or the results being thrown out has caused most to stop even trying.

I do not give a damn how popular a government is, they can not claim to win almost all seats with those overwhelming results for over half a century and even hope to be taken seriously.

I forgave Jane Fonda a long time ago, she was probably played for a sucker. And while sitting on an AA gun was stupid, she didn’t shoot any American aircraft down. But, she never should have been in North Vietnam to begin with. She made a mess of her life by doing that.

Forum List

Back