Florida's "Orwellian" Newspeak

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
Florida bans use of climate change by state agency report - Yahoo News

I almost snarfed my beer when I read this asinine bullshit.

Of all the completely insane liberal ideas, policies and endeavors the fact that they use the term "orwellian" to describe a policy that they can't even document is pathetic. Not single memo, letter or post it note can be found, but moonbats are up in arms because they might not have been able to use a bullshit phrase to describe a bullshit issue. Their messiah doing it's damnedest to allow flea bitten persian zealots to eventually acquire nuclear weapons is no big deal, but the "orwellian" tactic by fascist florida reichs marshal Rick Scott is front page outrage!!! To the gulag with Rick Scott!!!

Again...

MMGW is pure %100 soft steaming bullshit, and has been piling up for so long that if it were tangible it's own gravity would collapse the galaxy. Everyone knows it too. People on the right know it, and are doing our best to marginalize it and prevent the bed wetters from using it to further tax and restrict our standard of living.

Even the bed wetters know it too. I realize penetrating liberal skulls with facts is like trying to penetrate AR 500 steel with jello, but by now the velocity and quantity of facts has to have pierced the few collective brain cells they have. I'm sure there are still some bed wetters who are dedicated to their ignorance, but most bed wetters know damned well that the whole point of the MMGW fraud was to tax industry, weaken the free markets, and reduce the standard of living of the middle class while perpetuating the poverty of their victims.

Can't have the lower classes get wise and start being innovative you know, because then they don't need to vote for criminally insane authoritarian sociopaths.

obama-fascist-dictator.jpg

Why ban language?

That in itself is asinine and Orwellian IS an accurate depiction. Controlling the language is an attempt to control the exchange of ideas. I don't care if AGW is bullshit - that is immaterial to how wrong it is to 'ban' a specific term.

• Banned
Why ban language?

That in itself is asinine and Orwellian IS an accurate depiction. Controlling the language is an attempt to control the exchange of ideas. I don't care if AGW is bullshit - that is immaterial to how wrong it is to 'ban' a specific term.

I totally agree, but after I read the story, it's based entirely on hearsay. There's not a single document available that says the Gov. actually banned the phrase. It's just a bunch of people who claim he banned it.

If there's no documents, there's no policy.

Therefore it's bullshit.

Why ban language?

I totally agree, but after I read the story, it's based entirely on hearsay. There's not a single document available that says the Gov. actually banned the phrase. It's just a bunch of people who claim he banned it.

If there's no documents, there's no policy.

Therefore it's bullshit.
Interesting.

I cannot find anything to corroborate their claim either. It seems that it is based entirely on an investigation from a single source doing 'interviews' of former employees. The number of employees to say that this is the case is not revealed as the number of interviews as well.

Forum List

Back