Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis To Sign Bill Banning Social Media ‘Deplatforming’

If you have any proof that such a thing is going on, sure, I'd have a problem with it. But good grief, you could make such a claim any time a business does something you don't like. That doesn't make it a valid claim.
Well, there's a really simple way to allow Facebook et al to avoid such an allegation gaining traction. STOP EDITING CONTENT!!!

OK, but I don't think they want to do that. Do you think government should have the power to force them to comply?

At some point, this will spin the other way, and the same people cheering on Facebook will demand government intervention. And my position will not change.
Of course it will. And my position will not change either. Government should stay out of it.

Enforcement against undisclosed censorship is a very good thing and really what State Governorship is about and designed for

So Trump used the KGB to spy on Obama and plant dirt in the corrupt press that he bought from the Kremlin
Sorta... only it wasn't the KGB, it was Guiliani, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman; and it wasn't to spy on Obama, it was to eliminate Biden from running in the 2020 election; and it wasn't from the Kremlin, it was from Zelensky, Ukraine's president; and it wasn't to plant dirt on the press, it was to plant dirt on Biden.

Even if that were true, and it's not, that would be within their rights.
Immunity from lawsuits is a privilege not a right

And it can be changed by congress
Deciding who can belong to a private organization is a right (as long as it doesn't discriminate against a protected class).
facebook and twitter can still censor their members and still decide who their members can be

They just won't be immune from lawsuits anymore

Fascists!!!! Nazis!!
Yes, You are indeed. We both know it.
You're a very silly person. And you're not any paying attention. I'm in favor of removing 230. It won't change anything anyway. I'm just curious why you are. It obviously has nothing to do with libertarian principles. And it's not about a "level playing" field - they'll still be able to ban Trump. Near as I can tell it's just about petty revenge. And kind of pathetic in that sense.

What would you know about Libertarian Principles? :dunno:

You are as "libertarian" as your ideological cohorts, faun, synthaholic, colefax, busybee.

I have to hand it to your Reich though, you all speak with one voice, one message.
I have to hand it to your Reich though, you all speak with one voice, one message.
That’s typically how it works for those who operate in objective reality.

Deciding who can belong to a private organization is a right (as long as it doesn't discriminate against a protected class).
facebook and twitter can still censor their members and still decide who their members can be

And that will shut them down.

And that will shut them down.
I doubt it would. There would be more lawsuits, for a while. But FB and Twitter have plenty of lawyers. It would have a lot more impact on sites like this - which might end up closing before things can renormalize.

Get your hopes up? I guess you're too stupid to realize YOU will lose your voice on sites like this which would suffer the same fate eventually.
I would seep the exemption for sites like this

Of which there are damn few worthy of protection

Most forums are almost as partisan as FaceBook

Get your hopes up? I guess you're too stupid to realize YOU will lose your voice on sites like this which would suffer the same fate eventually.
I would seep the exemption for sites like this

Of which there are damn few worthy of protection

Most forums are almost as partisan as FaceBook
LOL

You would seep nothing. You have zero say in the matter.
icon_rolleyes.gif

It would have a lot more impact on sites like this - which might end up closing before things can renormalize.
not if sites like this still have immunity

I am only targeting FaceBook and Twitter

You would seep nothing. You have zero say in the matter.
so do you as far as that goes

I thought we were just discussing ideas
Unlike you, I never claimed to have a say in the matter.

And yes, we're tossing around ideas. And your idea would result in forums like this being shut down. You want cut off your own nose to spite your face.

It would have a lot more impact on sites like this - which might end up closing before things can renormalize.
not if sites like this still have immunity

I am only targeting FaceBook and Twitter
Again, it's not up to you. The law can't specify specific companies. It can only specify specific actions which might apply to a company. The purpose of site is not really different than that of Twitter. Shut down Twitter and you shut down this site and every other site like it on the Internet.

Forum List

Back