Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis To Sign Bill Banning Social Media ‘Deplatforming’

This will likely get struck down by the courts. Also, it’s a violation of association rights, business rights, and property rights, but those don’t matter to those that only pay lip service to those principles anyway.
human rights come before those,,
You think you have a human right to a social media account? How hilariously entitled. :lol:
You think you have a human right to get your gay wedding cake baked or stay in a "whites only" hotel?

How hilariously entitled.

:dunno:
My positions concerning public accommodation laws are well-known around here. You see I don’t wipe my ass with my principles when it becomes convenient.
neither do I,,

take away those protections and they can run their sites as they please,,

republicans strike again. Now they are taking first amendment rights from social media.

They are regulating the internet. And violating the first amendment to do it. They are also violating section 230 of the communications decency act.

What happened to their screaming that business owners have the right to decide who they serve or do business with? That was a lie too.

They are showing that their hate for regulations was all a lie. They love regulating business just not in a responsible way.

Their beliefs are of convenience not real beliefs.

I'm thinking youre a little confused how the 1st A works,,,
Nope. You are.
and yet you failed to explain why I'm wrong,,

the 1st is meant for the people not companies,,
The first amendment has nothing to do with business regulating their own speech or the speech others are making under their umbrellas. It has to do with the government not making rules regulating speech, which is exactly what tRump's mini-me just did.
how is protecting peoples speech restrictive of anyone??
You're restricting the business owners freedom by forcing him to carry speech.

You ready to bake that damn cake yet?

republicans strike again. Now they are taking first amendment rights from social media.

They are regulating the internet. And violating the first amendment to do it. They are also violating section 230 of the communications decency act.

What happened to their screaming that business owners have the right to decide who they serve or do business with? That was a lie too.

They are showing that their hate for regulations was all a lie. They love regulating business just not in a responsible way.

Nope. You are.

The first amendment has nothing to do with business regulating their own speech or the speech others are making under their umbrellas. It has to do with the government not making rules regulating speech, which is exactly what tRump's mini-me just did.

take away the protections and they can do that,, until then they are subject to the laws like the rest of us,,

Excellent. As liberals tend will get instabanned from any conservative media, we'll report that every time, and the $25,000/day penalty will get applied hundreds of times a day to conservative media.

it won't get that far. Since the internet crosses state lines, the law will quickly be shot down as an unconstitutional state attempt to regulate interstate commerce, among other reasons.

This will likely get struck down by the courts. Also, it’s a violation of association rights, business rights, and property rights, but those don’t matter to those that only pay lip service to those principles anyway.
You think you have a human right to a social media account? How hilariously entitled. :lol:
equal treatment,,
It’s a silly overreach by the government, but it is okay b/c *you* feel mistreated.

It is amazing how so many people want to have their gay wedding cake and eat it too.
Get rid of PA laws and then we'll talk.
I would love nothing more and you’ll find that I have stated as much on numerous occasions. There are far too many hypocrites concerning this issue and those folks only seem to get the vapors when *they* feel mistreated.

That's a first amendment violation. It won't stand.

In what way Chang?

How is in kind contribution to a campaign a violation of the 1st?

"There's already a solution to deplatforming candidates on social media: Stop trafficking in conspiracy theories. That's the solution. Stop pushing misinformation if you're a candidate or an incumbent elected official. Stop retweeting QAnon. Stop lying on social media," Smith said.

equal treatment,,
It’s a silly overreach by the government, but it is okay b/c *you* feel mistreated.

It is amazing how so many people want to have their gay wedding cake and eat it too.
Get rid of PA laws and then we'll talk.
I would love nothing more and you’ll find that I have stated as much on numerous occasions. There are far too many hypocrites concerning this issue and those folks only seem to get the vapors when *they* feel mistreated.
Government meddling has caused all of this shit, and apparently, people believe government is the solution.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Nope. You are.

take away the protections and they can do that,, until then they are subject to the laws like the rest of us,,
It's the protections of the first amendment that allow them to do that.

Sorry for your luck.

You guys really need to actually read the constitution, just once. You should also maybe read some of the books written on it's interpretation.

Look at the little Nazi democrats bitching and crying because they're open season banning conservatives because they don't want their opinions heard is being challenged. What a pack of filthy little shyster commies.

Democrats are the party of trash.
Conservatives need to follow the rules.
Just like on USMB

Look at the little Nazi democrats bitching and crying because they're open season banning conservatives because they don't want their opinions heard is being challenged. What a pack of filthy little shyster commies.

Just like on USMB
things we post on here would be banned on FB and twitter,,

Just like on USMB
A pretext... given the in-your-face uneven application of those rules.

That's a first amendment violation. It won't stand.

In what way Chang?

How is in kind contribution to a campaign a violation of the 1st?
I don't think they are, as long as they are properly documented and reported.

Not sure what that has to do with the subject at hand, though.

And I'm a shill from Langley this weekend. You china guys get to call me names next weekend.

Forum List

Back