Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis To Sign Bill Banning Social Media ‘Deplatforming’

republicans strike again. Now they are taking first amendment rights from social media.

They are regulating the internet. And violating the first amendment to do it. They are also violating section 230 of the communications decency act.

What happened to their screaming that business owners have the right to decide who they serve or do business with? That was a lie too.

They are showing that their hate for regulations was all a lie. They love regulating business just not in a responsible way.

Their beliefs are of convenience not real beliefs.

Great news!

Banning a sitting President was the height of arrogance.

Fear, however, that one state (or even a group of states) cannot successfully challenge Big Tech.

The law will eventually end up at the Supreme Court, whose 9 members will be shaking in their boots if they rule the law constitutional -- so they won't!
At least they will put out some guidance on the subject. Then, states can act accordingly to make big tech behave.
What can we use to control big politicians?

This will likely get struck down by the courts. Also, it’s a violation of association rights, business rights, and property rights, but those don’t matter to those that only pay lip service to those principles anyway.
human rights come before those,,
You think you have a human right to a social media account? How hilariously entitled. :lol:
equal treatment,,
When you get banned here be sure to whine bout yer civil rights they like that here.

republicans strike again. Now they are taking first amendment rights from social media.

They are regulating the internet. And violating the first amendment to do it. They are also violating section 230 of the communications decency act.

What happened to their screaming that business owners have the right to decide who they serve or do business with? That was a lie too.

They are showing that their hate for regulations was all a lie. They love regulating business just not in a responsible way.

I'm thinking youre a little confused how the 1st A works,,,
Nope. You are.
and yet you failed to explain why I'm wrong,,

the 1st is meant for the people not companies,,
The first amendment has nothing to do with business regulating their own speech or the speech others are making under their umbrellas. It has to do with the government not making rules regulating speech, which is exactly what tRump's mini-me just did.

This will likely get struck down by the courts. Also, it’s a violation of association rights, business rights, and property rights, but those don’t matter to those that only pay lip service to those principles anyway.
You think you have a human right to a social media account? How hilariously entitled. :lol:
You think you have a human right to get your gay wedding cake baked or stay in a "whites only" hotel?

How hilariously entitled.

:dunno:

equal treatment,,
When you get banned here be sure to whine bout yer civil rights they like that here.
CAN YOU COME UP WITH A BETTER TROLL THAN THAT?? they are getting more pathetic than ever,,

Great news!

Banning a sitting President was the height of arrogance.

Fear, however, that one state (or even a group of states) cannot successfully challenge Big Tech.

The law will eventually end up at the Supreme Court, whose 9 members will be shaking in their boots if they rule the law constitutional -- so they won't!
At least they will put out some guidance on the subject. Then, states can act accordingly to make big tech behave.
What can we use to control big politicians?
I would say vote them out, but that's not a good option anymore, apparently.

Nope. You are.

The first amendment has nothing to do with business regulating their own speech or the speech others are making under their umbrellas. It has to do with the government not making rules regulating speech, which is exactly what tRump's mini-me just did.
how is protecting peoples speech restrictive of anyone??

equal treatment,,
It’s a silly overreach by the government, but it is okay b/c *you* feel mistreated.

It is amazing how so many people want to have their gay wedding cake and eat it too.

Nope. You are.

How is that regulating speech?

equal treatment,,
It’s a silly overreach by the government, but it is okay b/c *you* feel mistreated.

It is amazing how so many people want to have their gay wedding cake and eat it too.
Get rid of PA laws and then we'll talk.

You just keep bringing these stories up... That way we get to have our Publisher vs Platform fight just a little bit sooner.

You really don't want that fight... But... You're stupid, and don't know it yet.

equal treatment,,

as long as social media has government protections they are subject to other controls,,

take away those protections and I'm fine with them banning people,,

You think you have a human right to get your gay wedding cake baked or stay in a "whites only" hotel?

How hilariously entitled.

:dunno:
My positions concerning public accommodation laws are well-known around here. You see I don’t wipe my ass with my principles when it becomes convenient.

Yes, if freedom of speech is protected, that totally an affront to the 1st...

:lol:

Fucking Nazis....

Of course the bill is nothing like the Nazis are claiming - the Reich never is truthful about anything.

What the bill does is say that deplatforming a political candidate during a campaign is election tampering, which of course it is.

{

If a technology company promotes a candidate for office against another, the value of that free promotion must be recorded as a political campaign contribution enforced by the Florida Elections Commission.

The bill will also empower the Florida attorney general to bring action against Big Tech companies under Florida’s Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act if they violate the new policies laid out in the bill.
}

Florida GOP Is Poised To Take On Big Tech And The Censorship Brigades Are Going To Hate It – RedState

Remember, when any of the Nazis on this board post something, it's a lie. Always vet it.

Forum List

Back